Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

When I was young I could hit a line drive with a broom stick! Men play the game, equipment is secondary.

Bowling... I don't think I ever played anything other than duck pins. Golf, I was already half broken down before I tried that, but it was fun. I played maybe a dozen rounds and broke 100 once. I consistently hit the ball close to 300 yards or more off the tee, but I tended to end up almost as far away from the hole as I started. Being a spray hitter helped me in baseball, but not in golf. Didn't the guys who invented golf understand the concept of "foul ball"?

Evening All,

I just remembered I hadn't posted today! I finished the kit today and planted it on the layout. Unfortunately because of the location and angle of the camera I have a lousy photo. I will take another tomorrow on the work bench.

Bob- Good to see you back. Believe me, two years will go by quickly.

Sherrel/Willie- Another case of writing down the wrong name.:confused:

David- You need to be careful. We aren't youngun's any more.

Willie- I have two that I made from a kit I got for Christmas several years ago.

Bob- Stay safe.

Justin- Great pics. I like the yard one best.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Ok fellers, help me out.....
I thought I saw some jigs/clamps for holding pieces/parts together while glue sets at MBK.
Small bar clamps. Magnetic types. You know what I'm talking about.
I can't find them anymore.
Any help?
E.

Willie,
You asked about the treatments being successful or not.
I assume you mean am I something like am I cancer free, or in remission, or something ilke that.
We won't know that answer until my PET scan June 5.
They say you need to wait a few months after treatments are done before doing a test because apparently there is residuals left around for sometime causing false positives on the scans.

E I can't provide any help, but it sure is good to see your posts!

Morning Louis,
Been a while since we've met up in the early morning like this.
I would call but it's difficult to talk most of the time.

I think I found what I need at Micro-Mark (mircormark.com).
E

Louis: Did you actually stay up late enough to catch the whole O's game? They are doing well. Boston this weekend.

Boris I'm sorry I missed this post. Yes, I have been staying up late. For the first time in nearly 40 years my sleep schedule is changing. Since my wife has been in Hungary (she comes home tonight!) I have been working late (11pm +or -) when I don't have my grandson.

Today was the first day in almost 2 weeks that I have been up before the sun. My body is rebelling against me a little bit, I did not sleep very well the last couple of nights. I can manage to ignore pain when I'm awake, but it sneaks up on me when I'm sleeping and wakes me up. I drastically cut back on work these last few days to get back on track.

Work will be on the back burner this week. Because of rain on Saturday (opening day) we have baseball Monday, Wednesday, Friday and practice Saturday.

The Birds have been doing great! Game and a half up in the AL East! The pitching has been outstanding, other than Gausman not having pin point control yesterday. The Red Sox will punish you if you leave the ball out over the plate. We did manage to take 2 out of 3!

The Caps managed to win maybe one of the greatest playoff series ever. Each game was decided by 1 goal and 5 games decided in overtime, has that ever happened before? Now they have to get past the dreaded penguins. History should have nothing to do with the future in sports, but it has to be in the back of their minds.

The Wizards are looking good, but they can't look past Atlanta. I know they have to be thinking about the Celtics, hoping the Bulls can knock them out.

How about the Yankees and Blue Jays? Both have been big surprises for opposite reasons. The Blue Jays only used 7 staring pitchers all of last year. Already this year they have 2 starters on the disabled list and now Tulowitzki is joining them on the DL. Preseason predictions are just for fun. You can't gauge how young players will perform and injuries are always the wild card.

Can't forget the Nationals, they continue to dominate the Mets in the Nationals home away from home, Citi Field. The rest of the teams are not doing much better against them with the Nats up by 3 games in the NL East!

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. How was your wife's birthday?

Monday morning, back work.
43 weeks and I'm done with this and I will be on with the final phase of my life.
I miss seeing Sean at the back door in the morning or during the day. I can't help but keep looking for him there. Just force of habit now.

God Bless you Ken, you have a good heart. I said it before and I'll say it again; I know it's hard to think of now but consider rescuing another furry friend. They need good hearted people to care about them and you will bond with a new friend in short order.

Good morning fellers. Good ol Monday. Get the little one off to school and back to work. Wonder if they gave me my pay raise yet? Anyways I hope everyone is having a good one.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Good morning. Rain and 48.
So much for being able to get anything done over the weekend... Sigh...

Good morning, America; how are ya? It's 40° with a forecast high of 75° and abundant sunshine! Darn near a perfect day!

We bought a new king size bed a couple of months ago and I'm still trying to get the hang of sleeping on it. I've spent far more time in bed at the room I've got in Clinton than than at home. Still trying to decide if I like it or not. Guess it'll just take some getting used to!

All I know is that I've been up far to early compared to how late I'll be working. Oh, well!

Good Morning All. 48° and clear today. Roller coaster weather continues...After two cool days, it is forecast to be 80° today, 90° on Tuesday, 70° on Wednesday, 87° by Friday then back into the 60's for a high on Sunday. Took a day off from mowing yesterday, will resume today. I have previously mentioned that there are parts of the yard that hadn't seen the tractor in 15 years...it's getting in there now and the rabbits are scurrying. Not to worry as there are plenty of places for them to go instead.
Out in the train shed, I resumed my project with some of the remaining motorcycles; and started detailing a building shell that's been languishing on the project shelf for 7 or 8 years now. Finally decided where I will be "planting" it. It's a DPM structure that if I remember is called Skips Chicken & Ribs. On my layout it will be called "Murphy's Bar and Grill" and will feature an outdoor patio next to the tracks for train watchers. I painted the Preiser figures for it at least ten years ago.

Garry - Happy belated Birthday to Shelley.
Bob - Sounds like a good way to kill time in the motel, installing decoders. I'm sure that you are looking forward to the summer. Kinda like practice for retirement.
Sherrel - Quite the accomplishment for that bowler. It would take me that long just to bowl a single frame!
Beady - Yeah! A micro-winery might fit in somewhere on the layout. Thanks for the suggestion.
Eric - Thanks for the explanation. I continue to wish you the best with your recovery. And despite everything, you are back to modeling.
Ken (D&J) - It's not the final phase, but the road to the final phase! Happy counting.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning. 38 degrees, also with rain here.

Eric - Glad to see you back in here posting. When it come to various clamps, you may try to contact flyboy2610. Here a link to his construction of the Champion Packing Plant. He used all sorts of clamps. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?39895-Walthers-Champion-Packing-Plant/page6

Ken in VA - I can understand you still looking for your little friend. We had to put down a dog a couple of years ago and I still think about him a lot and the relationship he had with us and another dog. We still miss him.

Bob - Thanks for the comment on the grade crossing. Still a lot of work to do. Some of them have not had any attention paid to them in decades. Time to get them done (finally) Nice to see yo back posting again.

Willie - I have thought about possibly getting some motorcycles and after seeing the job you did on yours, they may be on the list of things to do. They would work in good with my collection of vehicles. I did find another vintage car and ordered it. A 1953 Studebaker Champion. If it fits my era I will get it.

53 Studebaker.jpg I have been looking for a real version of this car for a number of years to work on. In fact I have a Corvette engine sitting in my shop that would work perfectly for this car. I have come across a few on the internet but they were either customized or were priced more than I was willing to offer. Some day.

Here's an oldie

TRAINS DON'T WANDER
ALL OVER THE MAP
'CAUSE NOBODY SITS
IN THE ENGINEER'S LAP

Burma Shave

Later

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bob, I would think the best way to appreciate a new mattress is to sleep on a pile of rocks for one night. I'm sure the new mattress will have a whole new feeling after that.

Good morning, everyone. I'll have a big cup of coffee and an old fashioned doughnut. 48 heading to 75 today. Beautiful day yesterday, so I got the mowing done. Today and tomorrow will be sunny, then back to rain for a few days. A vicious circle, if you ask me.

My wife and I went to a Beach Boys and Temptations concert Friday night - that was a nice two-fer. My kids gave me the tickets at Christmas. Great seats, great concert. I think only two of the Temptations remain from the original group, and with the Beach Boys (my favorite vocal group) just Mike Love and Bruce Johnston are from the 60's lineup. The Temptations performed for just under an hour, and then the Beach Boys played for almost two hours straight. Man they nailed it - several of the songs were better than the originals, and without studio enhancement. The sax player hit the Kokomo sax solo note-for-note. I sang every song except three (two of them I'd never heard).
BeachBoysConcert_3_JKHHall2017.jpg

Curt - the building is really coming along nicely. Again, thanks for the tips on how you do structure weathering - I'll be trying your technique soon.
VA Ken - I add my condolences about Sean the cat.
Eric - Hi, again. Good to hear from you.
Willie - Thanks for the info on wheel gauge adjustments.
David - I'm on thyroid meds too - pretty much under control though.
Chet - nice looking crossing. I'll be working on a couple on our layout soon, so I'll follow your examples.
Terry - welcome to a week without supervisor woes (I hope).

Did some landscaping work on the layout over the weekend. Need several TOs, and waiting for them in an MBKlein shipment. Wasn't able to pinpoint the problem with that one Atlas TO - Willie's suggestion may be the right answer - will have to work on it some more.

See ya later. Have a good day everyone.

Back