Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the train room - MBKlein order came right on schedule (Terry and Toot - you guys need to move to Springfield). Nice new Athearn Genesis NYC loco, some vehicles, some landscaping stuff, switches, a freight car I've wanted, etc. Only got an hour in the trainroom b/c of some outdoor tasks I needed to get done first. This next week should see some nice progress in the freight yard - will post a pic.

See ya later. have a good day/weekend everyone.

Now ya have to post a video of that loco.

Now ya have to post a video of that loco.

Ken - Will do. So far it's been slow progress with laying the track in the freight yard part of the layout, so posted pics have been of build progress. I test-ran that loco last night - sweet! I'll post a video next week.

I'll throw this out there then I'm off to bed. Contract negotiations and the whole let's strike thing is one of the things I hate about being a union worker. But in the end when you toy with pay and incentives that we have what choice do you really have? You should treat your employees like they are your most valued asset. Not like red haired step children.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Justin: One of the realities of the business world. The corporate types - who make the big bucks - expect you to want to be willing to work for nothing or close to that. The union is supposed to insure that you are adequately compensated for your efforts. The two expectations are opposite of one another, so conflict, (strikes), become inevitable. The stress on the worker is huge. The railroad industry, was relatively strike free, but the stress...that's another story. Signing on with a temp, is actually a good idea.

Good morning .....

Eric .... Great to see you and glad you could ring the bell for what it is worth. Sorry to hear about the stroke issues, and hope you follow Karl's advice.

Karl .... I did not know you were a stroke survivor. Evidently, you are okay now, and that is good. My brother-in-law in Nashville had a stroke a couple of years ago, and now it is not noticeable.

Toot and Terry .... Given you experiences with poor mail delivery service, I bet you are not looking forward to drone deliveries. If they are programmed wrong, there is no telling where packages will be delivered. LOL

Here is a photo of F-units

F3s125136123_zps62d3667e.jpg

Good morning, Happy Friday! 38° and sunny. later on, I have a EMG Test. They are looking for peripheral nerve damage in my neck, and/or compressed nerves in my arm. I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy this test, but...

Eric: Good to see you post, and to hear your cancer treatment is complete. As Karl said, physical therapy is important in your recovery from your stroke.

Joe ... Best wishes for the test.

Railfan .... Good to see you back in the Coffee Shop.

I just started a Photo Fun thread for Spring 2017. ... The the last monthly Photo Fun was January and March is nearly over.

Good morning from Big Sky country where we started off the day at 36 degrees.

TEAM USA - View attachment 61091

Louis - Enjoyed your photos as usual. The USS Torsk I believe was the last US submarine to sink an enemy ship at the end of WWII in the Pacific. Here she is before heading to Baltimore Harbor.

View attachment 61090

Ken - I can't believe that you have to put up with a supervisor like that. Count the days.

Willie - Sounds like you're moving along with your layout sort of the same way I do sometimes. Start running trains and forget what you went in the train room for. View attachment 61092

Bruce - Sent you a PM

Got some things to do, Later

You were asking about the cleaner car, it's a Centerline, heavy brass, kadee couplers, roller type with pads you put a chemical of your choice on.

Eric, keep on writing to us, it'll not only be good to hear from you, but therapeutic too.

Justin, I was a union rep at one place I worked at in NZ, only ever had one strike called by the union, didn't enjoy it.

Willie & Johnny, these 2 parcels are the slowest I've experienced from either source, but to order from China and have that one come from the Seychelles
Victoria, on Mahé Island, is the capital city of the Seychelles archipelago in the Indian Ocean. Seychelles National Botanical Gardens showcases endemic palms and orchids, as well as giant tortoises and fruit bats. The colorful Sir Selwyn Clarke Market sells spices, fruit, art and souvenirs. Near the Cathedral of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception is the imposing La Domus, built in 1934 to house Catholic missionaries.

• Population:
    • 26,450 (2010)
  • Area:
    • 20.1 km²
  • Number of airports:

is rather unusual, no wonder it took so long to get here, makes you wonder what sort of convoluted journey it took, free postage too.

Oddly, often
stuff that comes USPS Priority International is slower than International Parcel (cheaper by half). If anyone can stick a stamp on their forehead and squeeze through a mailbox slot, you're welcome to visit.

Good morning. A bit chilly at 26 degrees. How about a cup of black coffee and a sweet roll.

E - It's good to have you back with us. I was wondering when you would check in. Sorry to hear about the complications, but like Louis stated, it is hard to keep a good man down. Hope some physical therapy will get you back to normal from the stroke. It is also good to hear that the cancer treatment are over. This should make like a bit easier for you.

Bruce - I may be interested in that cleaning car.

Willie - Hope to see some photos of the work you've been doing on the oil loading platforms. I do know what you mean about running trains while glue or paint is drying. I too get consumed in running the trains and switching cars and usually don't get back to what I was doing on the layout. No wonder progress is so slow.

Justin - Hope that negotiations work out and no time at work is lost. Good luck.

Beady - Has the work in your basement started yet? This sure has been a long drawn out process.

Ken in VA - Sounds like you're pretty well set for your ops session. I know you'll be extremely busy, but do hope that you'll have time so take a few photos. Best of luck.

Rural Volunteer Fire Departments are a real necessity. I was on out VFD for about 15 years being that I am about a mile from the fire house. You'll be suprised at what can be used for fire trucks. We had one old Dodge power Wagon donated from the Forest service that could carry a couple of hundred gallons of water. The truck that sticks in my mind was an old military 6x6 with a 500 gallon tank on the back. Was that truck ever a laugh. Wide open it could possibly get up to 45 mph going down hill with a tail wind. Trying to turn it with the weight of the water took a bit of work. You would have to stab the brakes to get the weight shifted to the steer axle if you were going over 25 mph. The pumping arrangement on the truck was also a comedy. Totally different than a normal fire truck. I think it was designed in the local bar. There were only three of us who could figure it out. I can't count how many times I was called to help them draw water out of the river to fill the tank.

There are a number of small VFD's around the valley and finally in recent years all of them were finally set up as a rural fire district with a mutual aid program. If any one department needed help the closest neighboring VFD will be called in. It is so much better than what we had back in the 70's and 80's.

Catch you later.

Beady - Has the work in your basement started yet? This sure has been a long drawn out process.
We're waiting for them to arrive, right now. They were supposed to be here on Tuesday, but we were put off. Seems to happen a lot.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

S'pose to be in the upper 60's today and the Scoot is upon me, three or four hours of "put-put-put" and some SUNSHINE sounds like a winner! If it's REAL nice I better swing by M.S.U., find a spot to have a sit down and "see the sights"! It's better than a strip club with the stuff they wear nowadays, and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Find some batteries too while I'm at it and get those shots posted.

Eric, keep on writing to us, it'll not only be good to hear from you, but therapeutic too.

Justin, I was a union rep at one place I worked at in NZ, only ever had one strike called by the union, didn't enjoy it.

Willie & Johnny, these 2 parcels are the slowest I've experienced from either source, but to order from China and have that one come from the Seychelles
Victoria, on Mahé Island, is the capital city of the Seychelles archipelago in the Indian Ocean. Seychelles National Botanical Gardens showcases endemic palms and orchids, as well as giant tortoises and fruit bats. The colorful Sir Selwyn Clarke Market sells spices, fruit, art and souvenirs. Near the Cathedral of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception is the imposing La Domus, built in 1934 to house Catholic missionaries.

• Population:
    • 26,450 (2010)
  • Area:
    • 20.1 km²
  • Number of airports:

is rather unusual, no wonder it took so long to get here, makes you wonder what sort of convoluted journey it took, free postage too.

Oddly, often
stuff that comes USPS Priority International is slower than International Parcel (cheaper by half). If anyone can stick a stamp on their forehead and squeeze through a mailbox slot, you're welcome to visit.

Toot: I can stick a stamp on my forehead, no problem - However, I don't think I could survive the trip in the belly of a cargo plane :)

Just returned from Walther's in Milwaukee...purchased my second WS lighted vehicle. Saw a completed and weathered Walther's mod building on the counter for sale. Two story terminal type building...$29.98....sold!!! Bargain...the clerk said they found an entire pallet of these models. Can't build or weather one for that cost.

Next to the basement and work on the layout. Brought more billboards that I will make computer generated signs for and I did buy a Bar Mills wooded sign kit.

That's all.

Greg

Greg - Sounds like you hit the jackpot on that building. Waiting for photos now of the lighted vehicles and the building.

Well, there's good news about the basement. It takes two days, not two weeks, for the epoxy to dry. What's more, it's the business owner himself who's doing this part. He spent today washing the floor down and he'll be back tomorrow to paint that part of the floor he can get to. 48 hours later, we'll move everything onto the painted part, and he'll paint what's left. 48 hours after that... We could have the basement back before next weekend! Yayfulness!

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Afternoon All,

Well last night was exciting. It looks like our youngest grandson had a medication reaction. He was finally released from the ER about 11 pm. Today he went in for allergy testing and he is allergic to dog hair. Do you want to guess how many dogs they have?-rhetorical question, they have 3.

Today I finished the 2 flats except for painting and decaling but that will probably be a couple of weeks before I can get up to see my friend Jon. My wife bought me a new light for my work table. It's a OttLite which is supposed to show true color...It's a light, but it is brighter so that's a plus.

Greg- Good deal on the building.

Louis- Thanks for the additional information.

Toot- It sounds like you have some of the same issues as Terry. I recently purchased a set of W/S rub off letters from a seller 3 hours drive from me. It took the PO 4 days in the mail to deliver it. I could of walked it in that time.

Eric- Congrats on the completion of treatment. Are you planning on returning to GA?

Willie- It sounds like that complex will be a major focal point on your layout.

Garry- Very nice photo.

Joe- I hope your test went well.

Ken in VA- Where I worked at it took 3 years to finalize a contract (just approved), and being emergency services you can not strike.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good day, U'all.
Been busy, took an hour to read all the posts from last 24 hours - merci!

Eric- Congrats on reaching the point to be able to "Ring the Bell". I have not been told that term as of this time, but maybe will also be there after my next colon procedure.(I am beginning to think that that Dr Colon has his eyes on me?)

Curt My wife is allergic to dog hair as well - we have two dogs, one who just sheds continuously, and if I do not brush her as often as I should, you can pick up tuffs of her hair all over. It is the so fine that it feels like a cat. Speaking of cats - my wife is REALLY allergic to them. She cannot be anywhere near one. Long story short - she takes medication for the allergies which allows the dogs, and myself, to remain because no way will I depart from my babies. Everyone in her immediate extended family of six all have two or more dogs and work in grooming and rescue organizations. She is the only one who has allergies. I hope that your grandson will find a similar solution.

Good evening y'all. The test revealed that I have two issues with my right arm. 1. Carpal Tunnel and 2. A nerve issue behind the elbow, which is causing muscle issues and weakness in the hand.
Good news, There is no issue with pinched nerve(s) in my neck. Bad news, there may be permanent damage to some muscle groups in my right hand. The bulk of the problem is surgically correctable. Go back to the orthopedic guy next Wednesday.

Garry: Big night for University of Kentucky. Hope they put a whuppin on UCLA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back