Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Everybody!

11062547_1141161812574833_3848680234261551752_n.jpg

A Baltimore City Fire Boat docked at the Canton Pier. This was demolished for the Conrad Hilton Hotel to be built. Newgate Avenue. Baltimore, Maryland. c1922
10678619_910611228963227_1229117206512605307_n.jpg

That terminal may be gone, but the Canton RR is still hauling freight! Here is there latest paint scheme.
6842.1445374450.jpg

Another slow day at work. More do as I say, not as I do out of my supervisor. She has her favorites in the office, and they are all women. I saw that she in fact does keep a notebook on errors, mistakes and inferior work of us guys. Kinda stinks.

Ken don't them get under your skin. Do your best, let God take care of the rest. Have good day my friend. Smile and show her you are rattle proof!

Keep in mind; it won't be long until you are in your empire!

Another slow day at work. More do as I say, not as I do out of my supervisor. She has her favorites in the office, and they are all women. I saw that she in fact does keep a notebook on errors, mistakes and inferior work of us guys. Kinda stinks.

Sexist and actionable, we really do not have to take that kind of thing and should not. Keep a record and when the time is right USE it!

Good Morning Gang. 63° and partly cloudy this morning. Perfect day yesterday and ten more to come. At least that's what the forecasters predict. Psyching myself up for the grocery/beer trek this morning. Necessities of life!
Not much in the train shed yesterday. I did take out and start a Walther's "Oil Tanker Loading Platform" that is intended for my yet to be built ethanol processing facility. I plan on four of the platforms and I have two completed. In the meantime, I'm just switching unit trains on blank benchwork. The two loading tracks will hold 24 tankers, but for fluidity, I only spot 16 at a time. In between spotting moves, a local shifts those 16 back and forth; the four platforms will allow 8 cars to be loaded at a time, 4@ on two tracks.

David - Some very late nights for you lately! You're posting about the time that I get up!
Johnny - There's loads of free cardstock buildings out there. Just Google "free cardstock buildings". The Illinois state Historical ones are no longer on the net, even though the site is still listed on some forums. Sometimes you have to adjust the scaling when you print them, especially the ones from the United Kingdom which are many times in "OO" scale (scale to 88%). Don't feel bad about the workbench, I am still using a portion of my benchwork that is yet unsceniced since I still have benchwork lumber stored where I intended to put the workbench!!!
Chet - That is one nice looking fire truck. I agree about the Athearn vehicles having really good details...and selling out very quickly. In my rural area, my swimming pool is considered fair game for the local VFD. They do come back later and replace what they use.
Ken (D&J) - Sounds like the ops session is going to be a great affair. Keep the gremlins at bay.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

What a sexist&#%^*%$$%^$!!! Next time she goes on vacation, make a photocopy,,, might come in handy one day.

Good morning y'all. 15° and sunny.

Louis: You have been busy. Nice photos of Baltimore past. Memorial Stadium was near and dear to my heart. First time I saw the Constellation and Torsk, was in the 70s, before the Inner Harbor was redeveloped. The location was known as "Constellation Pier". I saw them on my first visit to Jack's (of Lombard St), for a corned beef sandwich. I was with my boss, so I couldn't go exploring.
Now that Intermountain and Genesis are doing GP10s and GP16s, hopefully we will se an accurate model of a Canton RR locomotive.

Willie: Fires require lots of water to extinguish, and rural FDs always need water sources. Where I worked, we were blessed with good water supply. You are considered a good provider. :rolleyes:

Ken in VA: Sign of the times, and there's not a whole lot you can do about it, other than keeping your own journal. The bright side is you're getting short.

As Louis previously mentioned, Team USA, won the WBC. :) They overwhelmed Puerto Rico. This brings up a question, that baffles me. Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth. How does Puerto Rico rate their own team? Shouldn't they play on team USA? Perhaps the next WBC, the Commonwealth of Virginia could field a team. :confused: I will never understand International competition, and their criteria for eligibility.

"Enduring" it and "putting up" with BULLIES, (and your boss sounds like a BULLY) only EMBOLDENS them and does not stop their bad behavior! They MUST be confronted and STOPPED, the cost can be high, you could loose your "job" but you will have stopped her from hurting others in the future!

What a sexist&#%^*%$$%^$!!! Next time she goes on vacation, make a photocopy,,, might come in handy one day.

I did that, and my employer took me to court for theft of confidential company documents.
I did finally win the case, since everything I copied was about me and me alone, but if there had been any other employee named in the papers I copied, I would probably still be in jail.

Baltimore was a Pirate town and I mean that in the best way, My research has indicated it was the Pirate Trade that gave the Colonies the Hard Currency they used to finance the Revolution. They could not spend their "loot" anywhere else with as good results, ship repair was available, provisions, shore leave entertainments and a safe haven to "heal up" in between raids in the gulf area was all to be had only a few hundred miles away. England was starving us for cash at the time and any ship with Spanish(or British) Gold aboard was WELCOME!

Good morning, everyone. A big cup of coffee and a couple of jelly doughnuts, please. 47, sun's up, heading for 76 today. Then we get blasted with storms and rain for the next two days. Oh, well.

David - You're burning way too much midnight oil! Thanks for your insight and advice. I think using Peco "insulfrogs" is the answer to any future problems. I did insulate one rail coming off that switch, but it didn't exactly solve the problem - it created a reverse problem. so I reversed what I did and tightened up all connections, and it works better. When I get the main buss and all the feeder lines hooked up in a couple of weeks I think the problem will right itself.

Willie - Thanks for the info on other free cardstock websites. Can't go wrong with free downloads! So we're in the same boat about our workbenches! I still look forward to having a dedicated bench to work on structures and rolling stock.

BeachBum -I echo your comments about international competitions. I mean, where do they get off calling it the "world series"?? Aren't the Japanese, Spaniards, Brits, and everyone else teed off at that? Even the term "Super Bowl" loses its meaning when you think about it. I don't want to start an argument . . . well, hey, I don't care . . . let's start an argument! :)

See ya later. Have a good day, everyone.

Louis: You have been busy. Nice photos of Baltimore past. Memorial Stadium was near and dear to my heart. First time I saw the Constellation and Torsk, was in the 70s, before the Inner Harbor was redeveloped. The location was known as "Constellation Pier". I saw them on my first visit to Jack's (of Lombard St), for a corned beef sandwich. I was with my boss, so I couldn't go exploring.
Now that Intermountain and Genesis are doing GP10s and GP16s, hopefully we will se an accurate model of a Canton RR locomotive.

As Louis previously mentioned, Team USA, won the WBC. :) They overwhelmed Puerto Rico. This brings up a question, that baffles me. Puerto Rico is a US Commonwealth. How does Puerto Rico rate their own team? Shouldn't they play on team USA? Perhaps the next WBC, the Commonwealth of Virginia could field a team. :confused: I will never understand International competition, and their criteria for eligibility.

Boris the inner harbor is much different today. I knew it as you first saw it, I was in awe of it! All I see now are low paying service industry jobs.

I'm 75% Irish and I don't like corned beef, but corn beef row had many good sandwiches and still does!

MTH made a couple of O gauge models, but I can't find any pictures I can post. http://mthtrains.com/road-name/canton-railroad I talked to a MTH representative at the B&O museum and he told me they may be making another one with the new paint scheme. He told me by having their own factory they can do limited runs. I was very impressed with him, very knowledgeable. He even told me I can run MTH engines in conventional mode with my Lionel Legacy system. I'll buy the Canton locomotive if they make it!

Puerto Rico is not a state, I suppose that is why they qualify, I'll never understand these things either. I'm just happy to see meaningful baseball this time of year! The people of Puerto Rico had lost of fun with this as well. Half the island has died their hair blond to show solidarity with their team. I felt sorry for them when the game got out of hand, but I'm happy we won!!!

That's it from me for now, time to make some money!

Have a great day Everybody!!!

Good morning from Big Sky country where we started off the day at 36 degrees.

TEAM USA - 113.gif

Louis - Enjoyed your photos as usual. The USS Torsk I believe was the last US submarine to sink an enemy ship at the end of WWII in the Pacific. Here she is before heading to Baltimore Harbor.

Torsk.jpg

Ken - I can't believe that you have to put up with a supervisor like that. Count the days.

Willie - Sounds like you're moving along with your layout sort of the same way I do sometimes. Start running trains and forget what you went in the train room for. Grin.gif

Bruce - Sent you a PM

Got some things to do, Later

It says "Missouri Pacific Lines" in vey small letters on the tender, the road number is 1430. Whoever was asking about the track cleaning car, its a Centerline and brass and VERY heavy, it's the kind with the pads on the roller action.

Facebook? LOL! As long as you post NO TRUTH you will be ok! I posted the simple FACT that FERAL CATS are the leading cause of DEATH among SONGBIRDS and was spammed. hacked, and generally messed with including death threats. It is a FAD and serves no one but Sukerberg. Sorry (not) but I shoot feral cats AND dogs when and where found!

Bruce .... Thanks for your time. I am still tempted, but I have over 50 locomotives with DCC plus much more than that not yet converted to DCC. Also, I normally run diesels, and the few steam locomotives I own are more than enough. Thanks again, but I do not need it.

Curt .... We will be in Orlando the first week of April. So, iwe should soon be PM'ing.

Louis .... Interesting photos. In particular, the buses in one photo reminded me of a job I had while going to college. I drove GM transit buses similar to those in the picture. .... Woe, Am I that old ? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back