Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

Nice pics Chet. I bet you have more tied up in autos and buildings than I do in all my entire stuff - including tools and DCC.
E.

Good Morning, 11 above and cloudy. Yesterday was a chilly one, that wind around 20 mph all day blowing the cold air around. I wonder if it classifies as "in like a lion, out like a lamb" saying about March.

Yeah Willie, roger that on the fire sale proximity!!
E

I am probably close enought to get there, I could take orders! Hope we are notified!

Have a great day all!

Nice pics Chet. I bet you have more tied up in autos and buildings than I do in all my entire stuff - including tools and DCC.
E.

Possibly with autos, but I have been collecting them for over 25 years trying to find accurate vehicles for the transition ere. Don't know about the buildings. These too were picked up over a long period of time and most were inexpensive kits or scratchbuilt. For my last town I did pick up a few pre built Woodland Scenic buildings just to get things moving along. An inexpensive kit, such as DPM building kits can really be made to look great with a little bit of work. I don't think I have made any major $$$ outlays in years. Terry dangled a carrot under my nose with the BLI mike, and I think that's the most I have spent on anything in recent years. Back in the 80's I did buy a few brass locomotives, custom painting some of them and they were probably the only big buck items I bought. Unfortunately, I picked them up while I was in the planning stages of my layout and now, with turntables at 90 feet, there are some that I don't run or would not have shown up on a small branch line raqilroad. They are allowed out of their box a couple of times a year and lubricated and run for a couple of hours just to keep them in good operating condition.

Good morning.

Karl ... Your slat chair joke cracks me up.

Chet ... I like your photos of your layout and the E5 which is preserved at Illinois Railway Museum.

Below are photos of my E5A and E5B on my layout.

E5UnionStation2.jpg

E5horse.jpg

Well crap! That paint set I wanted is back ordered!!
Figures.
I really need to go get some groceries but dang it's breezy and quite chilly out there still.
E.

Really nice photos Garry. Back in the days of the stream liners I think my favorites were the North Coast limited in the Lowey paint scheme, the Burlington, B&O, Milwaukee Road Hiawathas and Santa Fe. There are a few others, but these are the ones that really stand out to me. Never was a big fan of the Union Pacific for some reason. Guess I am a bit partial to the Northern Pacific because we rode on it so much. The first time I saw the Lowey paint scheme I was wondering what train it was because I was used to the old Pine Tree paint scheme.

Morning from the West! Looks to be another very nice day with a few very high wispy type clouds. Not even sure if they would qualify as cirrus?

Wonderful - Very nice photos ALL! There are so many beautiful paint and designs on the streamliners that I have a hard time picking favorites. I have to say, though, that I rate the "Q" and "SF" just about the top of my list .. just something about the silver that makes them stand out IMHO.

CURT Like the furballs. Are they new additions, or did you have them before?

CHET Is that tan two tone car parked under the EAT sign a Caddy, or Imperial? I can't quite make out the emblem on the hood.

The sprinkler riser issue has not been determined at this time. I did manage to cut some of the roots away so as to make a repair. I just need to figure out where I want to relocate two of the risers before I start cutting into the water lines. I can't believe that the jacka$$ that originally did the system would place the main feed right next to the feeder lines to the risers .. just two lazy to trench another deeper ditch for the main. Here's a photo of my playground. I should get it all finished today. Can't seem to load a picture; I will put this one instead. After all, it is the season.

political-promises-web.jpg

The black one is a '49 Caddy and the two tone under the sign is a '57 Chrysler Imperial. Here's a larger picture.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally saw the thread where you responded. Kudos.
Eric - I just wish I was close enough to NG when he has his "fire" sale! Michigan is a long way from Texas.
I am close enough, but don't have any money. Tell you what, since you're too far away, anyway, why not send me the money you would have spent and I'll go spend it for you? Then we'll both be happy.

Oh crap!

I am close enough, but don't have any money. Tell you what, since you're too far away, anyway, why not send me the money you would have spent and I'll go spend it for you? Then we'll both be happy.

Oh crap!

Yeah, I bet. Nothing like spending other people's money!!! :D
Not likely I could afford anything he got anyway. Price tags didn't seem to bother him at all.
E

NICE photo, Chet, the signs in the windows are a nice detail!!

Ditto what Dave said. Do you make them yourself using a color printer?
I ran across some sign-maker java program the other day but said my computer was not java enabled. Really?
In the mean time I was thinking to find some super tiny font to print out some signage for my little station.
That reminds me, I need to put another coat of blue on the window frames and doors. They are molded in the same yellow as the walls and I knew the yellow would show through making it green. I figure 3 coats should be good enough then I can mount the windows and doors and put in the light difussing stuff on the windows since you all KNOW I'm going to put a light inside!!
E.

Got the pictures I promised this morning. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I might spend weeks looking at a nine square inch area before deciding what to do with it. This is one such place. A couple of pictures...one from the back and one from the front:
03-01-16 001.1.JPG03-02-16 005.1.JPG
This is a Grandt Line structure, part of the Reese Street Row houses that I have made into a beauty shop. Unfortunately the front is not visible at normal viewing angles (the road is and it is straight). Still need vehicles and maybe a person or two. In looking at the picture, I will have to "plant" it a little more.

Willie

A rare locomotive....I wonder if it is DCC? ;)

[video]https://www.facebook.com/LeylandSME/videos/557910547719351/[/video]

That's just too dam funny - and cool!!!
And to think, some have said I've had too much time on my hands.
I think not!
E.

Pretty neat idea! Camo the squirrel cage into a freight car, up the scale, and you may have something!

This is a Grandt Line structure, part of the Reese Street Row houses

Willie

I thought the building looked familiar. I especially like your roofing treatment.

I purchased the same package and here is a photo of all 3, freshly painted buildings with only the slightest amount of weathering:

details 004.jpg

Back