Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
This is the new place. Try to keep it clean, at least until the pain dries...

Whew! Keep the windows open for now. Gotta get the paint smell out. Watchout- gotta SNEEZE!!

Actually, I have powders for any weathering.
I just need some general color variety for painting buildings and such.
E.

57.gif Don't mind having a cup at all. Went and touched us the driveway with the little tractor this afternoon. had a few high spots to knock down left by the skid steer. Also took a photo of the frrefer I picked up from the Pasadena Model Railroad club. They were selling these to raise funds. Always willing to help.

attachment.php

Put some Kadee 158 couplers on it and chucked the trucks. Plastic wheels are a no no. Had a set of sprung Kadee trucks in my parts bin.

Time to get dinner going. See you tomorrow.

Chet- Nice looking box car.

BigE- I have never tried to spray Vallejo paint, but in my lake I used Vallejo paint. I tried muting the colors but you can see it is still very bright. The "water" is Vallejo Still Water. I do really like this product. This is 3 small pours.

20150702_143316_zpsg2hfduag.jpg

Terry .... Thanks for starting the new thread.
Chet .... The reefer looks nice.
Curt ..... I like your pond.

Vallejo is good paint...the regular paint that BigE chose is good for brush painting and can be airbrushed if thinned....the Vallejo in my link is the Vallejo air-brush ready ModelAir paint which can be airbrushed straight from the bottle without thinning...either way Vallejo are great paints.

Actually, I have powders for any weathering.
I just need some general color variety for painting buildings and such.
E.

Chet, to answer a question you had in the previous coffee shop: The car passed my 200' road frontage in less than 2 seconds. While I didn't have a stopwatch on him, it worked out to something like 90-110mph when he passed here. The road by my house is straight, with about a 2% downgrade, and a slight left dogleg just below our property line. At the bottom of the hill, roughly 2/3 mile away, there is a dogleg to the right, then, hidden by trees, a 90 degree right turn. There is a 10mph warning sign, but the ones that really need to observe that limit are going too fast to see it...

A couple of years ago, a car coming up the hill failed to negotiate the dogleg just below our property, and ended up on its side in our yard, after hitting a mailbox, ditch, and tree.

Good evening all!

New digs, fresh paint, I like it. The smell ain't so bad. No more paint smell than my workbench, and I still have lots of Floquil left!:cool:

Curt, the little furballs got a big Awwwwww from SWMBO, even when I told he they were not cats!

Eric, I have painted a lot of structures with what is called craft paint. You know, those 49 cent bottle from Michaels, or A.C.Moore. With a good quality brush and a little bit of acrylic retarder, they work great! Weathering I also do with powders. Mainly because I can weather with powders anytime. Weathering with the air brush requires 50° of higher temps, plus all cars out of the garage.......its a P.I.A. :eek:

Gotta do some stuff now, so I guess I'll be HEY! This wood slat chair is wet!! Now I have stripes on my butt!!!:eek:

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 43 here this morning. Did some more work doing scenery on the layout yesterday. I will post pictures later after I retrieve the camera which is out in the train shed.
Sherrel, Chet, Curt, Thanks for the comments.
Chet - I misunderstood him as well. I tried to offer advice and even PM'd him a few times to talk him out of his "hissy" fits, but I didn't try a third time.
I don't hate painting the windows, but I get tired after six or seven and put everything up and come back later to do more. It may take a week to complete a structure's windows alone.
Gene - Thanks for the info regarding the paint.
not to mention that he on more than one occasion complained that he was forced/booted out of this forum...which I took objection too.
I finally saw the thread where you responded. Kudos.
Eric - I just wish I was close enough to NG when he has his "fire" sale! Michigan is a long way from Texas.
Terry - Thanks for opening up yesterday. Also, where the heck do you come up with all these videos?

I wonder how Joe is doing with the jury duty?
That's it for now, everyone have an awesome day.
Willie

37 and cloudy here. I need groceries today.

Yeah Willie, roger that on the fire sale proximity!!
E

Good morning. 33 degrees to start off the day. Think I'll have a cup. coffee.gif

Willie - I probably did the same thing as you when it came to painting the windows. I had about 10 building put together and painted windows until my eyes started looking at each other. Put the brush down and continued when I could see straight again. Lost count of how many of these little buggers I painted. Went through this process a number of times.

IMAG0040.jpg IMAG0041.jpg
It was a bit time consuming but the final results were worth id I think. Hopefully my days of painting windows are over. I believe that I have all of the structures for the layout completed. Now it's time to start putting figures and details in.

attachment.php

This one is for Garry. I really like the sleek looks of the Burlington E-5's. Really sharp looking locomotives.

Attachments

• Burlington E-5.jpg
    Burlington E-5.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited by a moderator:

Back