Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Terry .... Glue? .. That's funny.

Now that I am back in Kentucky, I don't worry about cars and trucks in my way as was the case in Ohio. :rolleyes:

Bison1.jpg
We don't have no traffic like that around here, God help you if they get road rage!

Thank you Curt, soccer game was good in that they never gave up although my grandson's team lost by a score of 9-0 and our best player scored a goal, but for the wrong team. I felt bad for the coach, they were over matched and out manned. We had only 1 substitute and the other team had 4. A sign on the way to the game said the temperature was 96. The boys are wiped out!

I faired well, UTZ red hot potato chips for lunch did the trick :)
0004178000165_500X500.jpg

my kind of health food :)

Hi gang ! Still having problems tho not as bad. Has anyone tried ERIC'S cell phone? Might be his DAD has it. I'm not the one to call for a couple reasons. Have bad thoughts re his condition as have seen results in others.

Flip

PHIL .. Best of my knowledge, ERIC does not have a cell phone - unless I have misunderstood former posts from him. I think his phone works from his computer?

GARRY .. Are those Kentucky or Tennessee buffalo?

Sorry, TERRY, I'm still looking for the hook! Lol!

LOUIS .. G SON here lost a tag football game last night too!
Same take on the game as yours!

We switched over to Direct TV .. got the Sunday Package for free! I get to watch the Packers every week this year - YAY!

Eric has no cell phone. The number that I use is a landline or something, maybe computer connected as Sherrel posted.
Willie

Eric does use his computer for phone service.
We are over at friends for a barbecue after doing some four wheeling in the mountains before cooler weather sets in.

Later.

You might be a tough guy if you use pepper spray as nasal decongestant...
Might be?! I say you are and I am not! I seldom get a stopped up nose but if I do eating Jalapenos get it clear real quick.

Yes Louis.... A possible result would be a broken tail light. :p

Bison2.jpg
Om my God those things are bigger than me! I bet he could tear that car up and turn it over too!

Hi gang ! Still having problems tho not as bad. Has anyone tried ERIC'S cell phone? Might be his DAD has it. I'm not the one to call for a couple reasons. Have bad thoughts re his condition as have seen results in others.

Flip
Hey Phil!!! great to see you!!!

LOUIS .. G SON here lost a tag football game last night too!
Same take on the game as yours!

We switched over to Direct TV .. got the Sunday Package for free! I get to watch the Packers every week this year - YAY!
Is hat tag or flag football? Great game either way. See your grandson is going to be a good man!

I got that goofy jingle "I got the Sunday Ticket" in my head now, thanks! I'm glad you will be following the Pack, do you have a cheese head? I got to see a picture of that if you do!

This is a great opening weekend for me or as my grandson Ayden would say "It's football Sunday!!!" Ravens on Sunday then the Redskins take on the hated Steelers on Monday night. To boot the Orioles have opened up a can of whop ass on the Tigers :) life is good!

That's all folks

Have a great night Everybody!

Hiya Gang!

Watching Nascar having a cold one in the A/C and reflecting on the fun in the pool with the kids today.
Here is SWMBO and I with the grandboys (By age) (Leland, Navin, Harlan, Liam and Dellen)

14291704_10207557670119079_3293817283607903597_n.jpg

Good looking bunch Karl, never a dull moment I bet!

Eric has been on our minds around here too, It might be a while before we hear from him though.

I have a CT scan tomorrow morning, I have one twice a year, my doctor is keeping an eye on my lungs because of old damage caused by diesel smoke, cigarette smoke (I quit smoking in 1987, that was a smart move) and dust, chemicals and paint in the body shop. I had to sell out in 1992 because of health concerns, at the time I was doing a lot of custom paint work on high performance cars, was getting pretty good at, I was really sorry to give this up. So far my lungs are holding their own, nothing serious.

Pulled all the wheels off my van today and inspected the brakes, looks like it will be quite a while before any work needs to be done. This is a real weak spot on these Astro and Safari vans. The factory used S-10 chassis and brake components which were far too light for a heavier van. About six years ago I replaced the calipers and rotors with high performance ones that are designed for pursuit vehicles, this was pretty expensive but it ended all my brake problems. This thing will stop on a dime!

Ran some trains today, nice break from the trestle construction. All the bents are installed and ready for all the front and rear cross bracing. I under estimated the amount of 3x10 lumber by at least 30%. Have to order more.

IMG_1828.jpg

BTW- Throttle body cleaner did not take off much of the black stuff on my gas fireplace glass. As a last resort I tried some windex and waallaa!! All the black came off easily using a paper towel. On a wood fireplace there is a layer of creosote on the glass. Quite a different thing, I doubt if Windex will work on that.

Mel

Hiya Gang!

Watching Nascar having a cold one in the A/C and reflecting on the fun in the pool with the kids today.
Here is SWMBO and I with the grandboys (By age) (Leland, Navin, Harlan, Liam and Dellen)

Karl that is a priceless photo of a fantastic family, you are a very lucky/blessed man!
I have that red shirt the little guy with sunglasses is wearing, mine is a lot bigger of course.

I have a CT scan tomorrow morning, I have one twice a year, my doctor is keeping an eye on my lungs because of old damage caused by diesel smoke, cigarette smoke (I quit smoking in 1987, that was a smart move) and dust, chemicals and paint in the body shop. I had to sell out in 1992 because of health concerns, at the time I was doing a lot of custom paint work on high performance cars, was getting pretty good at, I was really sorry to give this up. So far my lungs are holding their own, nothing serious.

Pulled all the wheels off my van today and inspected the brakes, looks like it will be quite a while before any work needs to be done. This is a real weak spot on these Astro and Safari vans. The factory used S-10 chassis and brake components which were far too light for a heavier van. About six years ago I replaced the calipers and rotors with high performance ones that are designed for pursuit vehicles, this was pretty expensive but it ended all my brake problems. This thing will stop on a dime!

Ran some trains today, nice break from the trestle construction. All the bents are installed and ready for all the front and rear cross bracing. I under estimated the amount of 3x10 lumber by at least 30%. Have to order more.

View attachment 58546

BTW- Throttle body cleaner did not take off much of the black stuff on my gas fireplace glass. As a last resort I tried some windex and waallaa!! All the black came off easily using a paper towel. On a wood fireplace there is a layer of creosote on the glass. Quite a different thing, I doubt if Windex will work on that.

Mel

Mel that sounds like good preventive medicine.

I had a Chevy Astro Van, I loved it, my wife had tears in her eyes when I traded it in. They use to build them at the GM plant here in southeast Baltimore. That was a good idea to upgrade the brakes, I wish I had thought of it!

I can't wait to see the trestles when you install them. That has to be some tedious work.

Glad to hear the Windex did the trick. It's worth a try on the creosote. If it won't work; I mentioned it before, but I'll suggest it again a razor blade will get anything off of glass. My wife manages a Royal Farms store and they often make over 1000lbs of fried chicken on the weekend. The chicken case can be tough to clean, but a razor scrapper makes short work of it. I picked up that razor blade idea when I was working at Ryder.

How did I miss this? You got to love big blue!

I don't know what the new guy/gal is trying to do but it sounds like he/she needs to let go of the starter switch.

A lot of people don't know how to use the layshaft. An EMD or Detroit engine will start very easily, even if the thing will barely turn over.
Something that would be an interesting addition to these sound decoders would be a cold start where the engine is barred over, or spun once with the compression release valves open, before starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya Gang!

Karl, has anybody ever told that you and this guy resemble each other?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 162
Good morning. It's clear and 73.

Our club finally has a single line running through the area that was torn out in 2014. I'll take some of my stuff that's real picky, as far as trackwork, later this morning, and see how it does.

Good morning Everybody!

It's 78 with 80% humidity under cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore. The forecast is supposed to be only 84 today.

The Orioles won last night 11-3 over the Tigers. The Birds are now only 2 games back in the AL East race. It has become a 4 team race with the Evil Empire (the Yankees) having won 7 straight. Jimenez has an ERA of under 3 over his last 4 starts, right on time!

Ravens vs. Bills and Orioles vs. Tigers toady. I will be wearing out the remote. I will record them both on the DVR because it never fails as soon as I switch something happens in the other game.

Redskins vs. Steelers on Monday night. Hail to the Redskins! Another DVR game, I can't stay up to see the kickoff most of the time.

The Nationals play today, but they are 9 games up and playing the 63-79 Phillies today. It looks bad for the Mets in the NL east race, but they are in the thick of the wild card race.

Speaking of the wild card race. The Cubbies are running away with the NL central with the best record in Baseball 90-51, but I am willing to bet a few dollars they lose in the playoffs to the wild card team and I'll go a step further and predict its the Cardinals who knock them out. What you think Sherrel? :)

I wish the dog gone Sunday paper would show up! This is the best time of the year to read the sports page. I'll go check for it again.

Have a great day Everybody!!!

A lot of people don't know how to use the layshaft. An EMD or Detroit engine will start very easily, even if the thing will barely turn over.
Something that would be an interesting addition to these sound decoders would be a cold start where the engine is barred over, or spun once with the compression release vales open, before starting.
Terry your posts are always so interesting, but now I have to look up more stuff! I love having friends who are much smarter than me. :)

My Sunday paper is here and I have to get my chili started. I'm having a ham on cooked on the weber kettle as well and of course hotdogs! If anybody is ever in my area please stop by because I always have more food than we can possibly eat!

I keep my eating in check, 1 chili dog will do and some pretzels with onion dip. The pretzels and dip are a "football Sunday" tradition with my grandson Ayden.

My friend from Philly is bringing his family today and I will send food home with him, but my son and I will still have plenty of left overs for lunch this week.

Willie that reminds me; I guy I knew from Texas once told me something like this; if you have beans in your chili it only shows you don't know beans about chili.
I do use 4 - 15 oz. cans of black beans, but it's offset with 3lbs of ground beef and 1lb of ground hot pork sausage.

Sorry no Spam in my chili.
Happy Football Sunday Everybody!

Back