Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

It's 76,cool breeze, clear sky with BRIGHT MOON. Beautiful.

Won't go on about my problems as they don't compare with what others are going thru. I do ask for HIM to help those in need. That includes me.
Wish all pleasant dreams and mental peace.

Phil

Terry ... Thanks for kicking off the new thread.

Ken ... Thanks for the link to the prior thread.

Phil ... Thanks, and I think you know the path to the ultimate answer to problems.

Good morning Everybody!

Its 83 with 72% humidity under mostly clear skies here in southeast Baltimore.

Did anyone ever notice I always capitalize the words Everybody or Everyone? I do it because I believe we are all important.

Have a great day Everybody!

Good morning. It's clear and 79. The thermometer hit 102 yesterday in the shade, with 90% humidity. More of the same expected today.

Ken in the previous coffee shop you mentioned I was try to instill a work ethic in my grandsons. You are exactly right! My boys have life handed to them a silver platter, not to be confused with a sliver spoon. Thank you, the kudos are appreciated, but not why I do it.

My boys have everything they want and can think of. They don't just have one video game system, they have them all. They have PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 2 or 3 different latest Nintendo systems, computers, laptops, tablets and more. You name it they probably have it. They have so many games and gadgets they can't decide what to play with. Santa has plans to get them cell phones.

I want them to understand it takes hard work and commitment to get these things. I came from next to nothing and earned everything I have. I'm disabled now, but I don't get a dime from the government because I choose not to pay into Social Security when I was self-employed. I don't know where I would be if I had not worked hard and looked to the future. I cut my own way and I always have. My boys won't have to struggle as I did. The only way they can get this lesson is if I share it with them.

Other than national defense the only thing I can think of the government has done for me is the new Affordable Care Act. now the profiteering insurance companies can't deny me coverage due to preexisting conditions. Its not much help now because my health has stabilized, but It is nice to know if I have another extended stay in the hospital it won't bankrupt me.

Yesterday I worked my grandsons like rented mules. I told them "if you want to play like a big dog, you have to work like a big dog. Do nothing and you get nothing"

The yard looks great, the street is swept and the Baltimore Oriole Banner is perfectly hung on the porch rail. They learned a lesson doing that as well, "do it right or do it twice!"

The kitchen and bathrooms are clean. We even made dinner, a pork roast on the grill, mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed broccoli. They learned another lesson; there is no such thing as women's work, its all work, just get it done! If they earn the right to play games today in between we will do laundry. That's easy, the machines do most of the work.

They did great and they wore my old broken down butt out! Trying to set an example for them might have been too much for me. I think I pushed myself too hard because I had a bad night and I still am not feeling right, but it was worth it. I'll rest today. I will use this as another lesson; take good care of yourself or you will pay the price.

In between I had some errands to run and of course they went with me. They were pumped up, full of energy and got a bit rambunctious. I had to reign them in and made them sit on the floor next to my feet as I talked to the guy about new uniforms for our baseball team. I told them "I don't have any problem making an ass out of you both when you act stupid"

After all this their Mom's had to take them to soccer practice. While getting dressed and ready they stated acting like a couple of smart asses. They were full of pride in what they had accomplished. I was not up to teaching them a lesson at that point. I just told them to "shut your mouths and do what your told, show some respect to your mothers", they did. I also reminded them they will be with me again tomorrow. I told them to practice like I was the coach.

Today when their Moms drop them off to me I will teach them these lessons; humility and respect. When they ask to play with their games I will remind them of their disrespectful behavior. They can sweep the basement before they do anything fun. If they do it without whining then write an apology to their Moms I will let them have a play day. If they choose to whine, they will work all day, even if I have to make up work for them to do. I have a spot behind my shed they can dig a hole and than fill it back in. I'll make them grade the soil and plant new grass too!

My son-in-law is a veteran and he told my daughter "your dad is harder than the drill sergeant I had in boot camp." My oldest daughter is also a veteran and she told him "I know, that's why boot camp was easy for me, but daddy always told me he loved me"

I love my boys and never a day goes by that I don't tell them "I love you and I thank God for you". As soon as they see me they run to me and give me a big hug. They are getting so big and I am getting weaker, soon they will knock me down.

I believe most of our problems are self-inflicted and if you are having troubles all you have to do is to look in the mirror to find the cause. Crying, whining, complaining and making excuses never helped anybody. I never spank my kids, but I will work them like dogs!

I want my boys to know in life you are entitled to breath relatively clean air. The rest you have to earn.

I do ramble on don't I?

I wanted to share my experience. Maybe somebody lurking will see my post and realize you can spoil your children, but you also have to teach them hard lessons. They will love you for it if you are fair.

I thank God for my boys :) they are very good boys, but boys will be boys. My Jack taught me. I knew he loved me and I would have been lost if he had not taught me. I almost got lost any way!

Here is a picture of my boys and I at a baseball picnic, they are never far from me despite how hard I can be on them. It's an old picture, they are much bigger now, but they still are always with me when they can be.
Pop and his boys.jpg

Good Morning All. 74° and overcast with scattered sprinkling this morning. Back porch is wet. Today's high is only supposed to be 79°!!! Chance of rain for the next ten days. In the train shed, I finished up the Bar Mills kt that I have been working on.
08-16-16 001.001.JPG08-16-16 002.001.JPG

I'll take some more when I "plant" it. Already have a spot.
Garry - I have heard many good things about "EnterTRAINment Junction". I will have to get by and see it the next time I visit my sister in Dayton. Kudos to you on your care of the SIL.
Eric -
my first appointment with an otolaryngologist
Boy, there's a $50 word. Very best wishes on your visit. Hopefully he/she can get some treatment going real soon.
Corey - Keep it up. Everyone here is behind your efforts.
Sherrel - Doesn't sound like you strayed too far from home on this roadtrip.
Mel - The trestle sounds like quite the project. I like the progress photos.
Chet - Several more nice photos.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning folks.

Another beautiful day to wake up to. It's suppose to be hot and humid but nice and sunny so I'll take it!

Day eight for sober Corey!

I have a long list of things to do today but it's coffee time. I have all day to get my list done. Also, I'm a little scared to get it all done and feel like I have nothing to do. Not too worried, but I know that Wednesday use to be drunk Corey day. Good thing a layout is never done! Even if the Corey Do list gets done, I have many a thing to keep me busy.

I would comment on each post individually above me but I forget names and Tapatalk doesn't display them on my phone. Please know that I enjoy reading everyone's posts, even if I don't reference them individually! I use the laptop later so I can remember everyone's name and not just your forum names.

Time for more coffee. Have a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning. 60 degrees to start the day with a high expected in the low 90's. Got home yeaterday and it was reading 92 degrees with 1% humidity. It was hot. We are expecting some cooling by Friday with a high in the low 60's. Won't hurt my feelings at all.

Terry - Thanks for getting the now coffe house up and running. On cup please, black.

Louis - It's really great that you are so close to your boys.

Willie - Nice job on the Cigar store. Well done.

Ken - I'm with you on disliking having to crawl under the layout. Mine is about 48" from the floor. I thought I had plenty of room under there, but that was 30 years ago when I put it up. For some reason I don't seem to bend as well as I used to.

Corey - A layout is never done. I'm into mine for 30 years and there is always something to do.

Guess I'll post another "downtown" photo and get to work. Can't wait until my construction is finished. Then I can work from home a few days a week. Hopefully everything will be up and running by Sunday.

IMAG0824.jpg

Catch you later.

Good morning, 62 and sunny. Supposed to be a nice day today, maybe get some nasty stuff tomorrow afternoon.

Willie, nice cigar shop!

Corey, way to go!

Chet, nice scene!

Mornin fellas
This is a little project Ive been working on to combat the intrusion of hair from the fur kids running around the house. I bought a little cheap keyboard vac and it was useless, so I stole the fan out of it and went to designing. I was going to machine all the parts in my shop but a buddy with a cnc home shop was intrigued by the idea of a micro track vac and said bring your plans over. He whipped it up in an evening and would have taken me 2 days on the manual machines I have. It works freakin great and I couldn't be happier. It's powered by a 500mah lipo and it really sucks. LOL

Attachments

• 20160814_130018.jpg
    20160814_130018.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 20160814_144948.jpg
    20160814_144948.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 20160817_074657.jpg
    20160817_074657.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 295
  • 20160817_074625.jpg
    20160817_074625.jpg