Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

Hi E. I wanted to let you know I'm pulling for you. Hang in there!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Eric, my apologies for this, but I simply cannot in good conscience allow Trussrod's remarks to go unchallenged. Do what your doctor's say, and please don't get distracted by so-called "alternatives." At the very least, do your own research, by which I mean, read everything you can find on the subject. And always, ask your doctor.

Don't worry Beady, I'm not listening to that bumbling spew BS.

I hope he realizes by blabbering that spew disguised as medical advice he's actually violating federal law - practicing medicine without a license.

I'm not sure about anyone else but I sure didn't join a model railroad forum to get unsolicited medical advice for cancer treatment.

Good afternoon 'Track layers & Spike Drivers',

Clear at 107.2 °F - Feels Like 108 °F;
Winds are from the NNW at 8.9 mph;

Pressure 29.79 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Clear
Heat Index 108 °F
Dew Point 58 °F
Humidity 20%
Rainfall 0.00 in
Snow Depth Not available.

Good morning. 71°, and sunny this morning. Reached 98° yesterday, and felt it.

I don't have a lot planned for today, I need to replace an out door outlet, with an outdoor 20A GFCI outlet, and possibly start on some new benchwork.

View attachment 57873
ARS18 at Waverly Yard. Garden Spot of the Garden State.

Borris: That's an interesting looking Alco with the drop hood on either side of the headlights. Do you have any idea the access hatches are for on the sloping section. I'm just curious.

Afternoon All,

Too hot to talk about. Did some chores earlier and then started on the siding. After prepping the 2 T/O's (jumpers, weathering, and cleaning) I installed them in the existing track after cutting out the appropriate sections of track, then laid cork roadbed and flex track. After leveling the track I ran a F7 at 70 smph through the entire thing without issue. Tomorrow I need to solder the rail joiners and add some power feeders for more reliability then on to scenery which will be minimal.

I did discover an issue. When I turned on track power I noticed that the PTB-100 had no green light at all and would not program. If you remember I installed it last Thursday and programed without issue and the green light was on. This is the first time I have turned on the layout since then. When the DPDT switch is placed in RUN there is the normal power to the track and I can run a loco on the programming track. I will give Jon a call tomorrow to get his take on it.

20160724_150952_zpsik80bkkc.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Hi Curt: As Terry says, where the track bends around that inner corner it sure looks tight. If the end of the fascia is not too far off just cut a bit off it so you can put a more gentle bend in it, problem solved.

Now Beady: I'm not too concerned that I don't meat up to your expectations but I'm also wondering how/why it is you go too such lengthy extent to reply to a situation you refer to as the crap on the other side if your actually adverse to it?

Kindly keep it off the forum and in a PM. Ok?

Good evening guys!

Started working on the eBay project today. Brought all the boxes in, emptied them, and categorized, the repacked them all in groups. loose engines (without boxes) loose freight cars, loose passenger cars, boxed locos, boxed freight cars, complete sets, structures, (boxed and loose) track and roadbed, DCC, Lionel Railscope and misc tools. All of the loose engines were cleaned and test run. 14 will go to eBay as runners, 7 will go as a "boneyard lot" of no or poor runners. Each night I'll test/repair and/or catalog some stuff until all of it is ready. Then it will be an eBay frenzy (I hope)!

Willie, I find it a little creepy that you know what date B.Bob vanished..........what did you do with him??:rolleyes::eek:

Eric About Davids suggestion, I don't see the harm in a Corona with a lemon wedge in the end of the bottle. ;)

IMG_3332[1].jpg
Here's a little stumper for the group' (over 80 other folks on Facebook have seen this, no answers yet) The Whatchamacallit thingy here was recently liberated from a brass loco I just acquired. The story I get is the owner had them in Europe for a time, then moved back here. With this in place, the loco would not run on DC or DCC. with this removed and the original wiring restored , it runs fine. I'd just like to know for certain, what it is. My guess is some version of CTC 16 , but there are no markings on the PC boards. Any guesses?

Finally, in the useless trivia department..... did you know you could open a beer with track nippers?? I just did it! :D

L8ter Gators!

View attachment 57877
Here's a little stumper for the group' (over 80 other folks on Facebook have seen this, no answers yet) The Whatchamacallit thingy here was recently liberated from a brass loco I just acquired. The story I get is the owner had them in Europe for a time, then moved back here. With this in place, the loco would not run on DC or DCC. with this removed and the original wiring restored , it runs fine. I'd just like to know for certain, what it is. My guess is some version of CTC 16 , but there are no markings on the PC boards. Any guesses?

L8ter Gators!
That's an early version of a Marklin decoder. I've seen them controlling turnouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Beady: I'm not too concerned that I don't meat up to your expectations but I'm also wondering how/why it is you go too such lengthy extent to reply to a situation you refer to as the crap on the other side if your actually adverse to it?

Kindly keep it off the forum and in a PM. Ok?
Because the crap you advocate endangers people's lives and well-being. Kindly keep it off the forum, OK?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Evenin' Folks!

Just thought I'd pop in to get a tall glass of lemonade... And share a quote I found a while back.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Have a good one!

"E", sorry to hear of your diagnoses! Hope the doctors can get it under control for you and their treatment will do the job!

Will keep you in my prayers!

ERIC: I will second what RAY just said.

RAY: Can I ask you for a tall glass of that lemonade as well, and make it to go please?

I think that after the last few exchanges that I will take a breather for awhile ... happy railroading y'all.

Borris: That's an interesting looking Alco with the drop hood on either side of the headlights. Do you have any idea the access hatches are for on the sloping section. I'm just curious.

David: The notched sheet metal on either side of the headlight is an ALCo characteristic, to accommodate the Number Lights (AKA Running Lights), and the sand filler openings. That's a design element found both on the front and rear of the locomotive. Note, on the rear (short hood) end, that the hand brake wheel is recessed, another design feature. The RS11, was ALCo's answer to the EMD GP9 and GP18.

Ray: Interesting quote....Appropriate. I'll take a Corona :rolleyes:.

The Birds swept the Tribe this weekend. Maryland Native Nolan Reimold's pinch hit 2 run homer. Again, I had to settle for the highlights. This morning's quick stop for a few items, turned into a complete grocery shopping trip. Took about an hour longer than anticipated. I did get to run a train back and forth, and install the GFCI out on the patio, Took longer to find the right breaker to open, than it did to change the outlet and cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids, don't make me turn this coffee shop around!
I apologize for upsetting the ambiance, but I have a major problem with all the various so-called alternative "medical" pushers. At the very least, they distract the patient from pursuing valid medical treatment; at worst, they kill people. Luckily, Eric is sensible enough not to fall for it.

I apologize for upsetting the ambiance, but I have a major problem with all the various so-called alternative "medical" pushers. At the very least, they distract the patient from pursuing valid medical treatment; at worst, they kill people. Luckily, Eric is sensible enough not to fall for it.

No problem from me Beady! You said what I wanted say - but was being nice and said nothing.
I'm glad you spoke up brother!!
Another friend immediately started spewing his advice to me about foods to eat and not to eat.
Nothing drives me crazier than people trying to people what they should do.
If I want someone's opinion I'll ask for it.
Apparently some people haven't seen me posts in that I haven't been able to eat any solids in over 6 months.
My local friend said "and get off that dam red meat".
I haven't had a steak or a simple hamburger in nearly 8 months. Not even a slice of bologna. Apparently he doesn't read my emails either. I guess some are just too stupid to understand when I say I can't chew food because I can't open my mouth enough that mean ALL food!!

In a few days when I cool off he's going to get a SERIOUS piece of my mind.
That same "friend" has also cancelled all my involvement on the software writing. Guess that means I'm fired.

Anyway Beady, if you and me get slapped by the forum gods, it will be my pleasure to spend time in the time-out with you.
I'll even bring the beer!! :cool:
E

Good morning Gents,

72° and 95% humidity here at near about 0330 hours.

Give me a call when you get up Louis.

Nothing new to report. You have just become a good friend in short order that I have no problem chatting with.
Of course everyone else that has my number is welcome to call.
If I don't answer, don't take it personal. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking.

I didn't do any train work yesterday. Mostly just slept.

Call me Lou!
I'll be up for while longer.
E

Good Morning All,

Just dropped into to say hi and try to catch up on everything. Like most places in the north we are still suffering from a lack of rain and temps in the 90's ... hopefully that will break soon.

Great to see you back mate!!!
You would be impressed with my stuff these days.
Wish you would give me call some day. 770.406.3304
E

Because the crap you advocate endangers people's lives and well-being. Kindly keep it off the forum, OK?

Who are you to make such a biased claim, and under what authority?? Now is the time to divulge that information. We all deserve to know, so kindly be forthright and let us all know. Won't you? You are sure attempting to stir up a lot of un-need trouble when I wasn't even addressing you in the first place nor did I ever proclaim to be a medical expert. I doubt that you are either?

Your confrontation sure seems to smack of the crap from the other forum, you refer to, that your caring over to this forum and it's not appreciated by me or others, I'm sure.

I'll express whatever I damn well please whether it meets with your approval or not! I know damn well you wouldn't want me attempting telling you what you could or couldn't say or when or to whom, and I won't allow you to make those edicts to me either! Kapich/Capisce?

Oh, it's also very interesting that your avatar image is that of ape rather than your own picture. Would that be due to skeletons your hiding in the closet. I don't accept your answers as valid coming from the two sources you mentioned, especially Snopes!

As far as chemotherapy it's not 100% certain either. It worked for Sherrel, Thank God, but killed my buddies wife!! So much for your all knowing statements and quotes.

I apologize to the rest of the group that Beady felt the need to carry this conversation into the coffee shop when I told him it should be handled in a PM. I felt it only just I have my say as well.

Good morning to all,

Good evening guys!

Started working on the eBay project today. Brought all the boxes in, emptied them, and categorized, the repacked them all in groups. loose engines (without boxes) loose freight cars, loose passenger cars, boxed locos, boxed freight cars, complete sets, structures, (boxed and loose) track and roadbed, DCC, Lionel Railscope and misc tools. All of the loose engines were cleaned and test run. 14 will go to eBay as runners, 7 will go as a "boneyard lot" of no or poor runners. Each night I'll test/repair and/or catalog some stuff until all of it is ready. Then it will be an eBay frenzy (I hope)!

Willie, I find it a little creepy that you know what date B.Bob vanished..........what did you do with him??:rolleyes::eek:

Eric About Davids suggestion, I don't see the harm in a Corona with a lemon wedge in the end of the bottle. ;)

View attachment 57877

Finally, in the useless trivia department..... did you know you could open a beer with track nippers?? I just did it! :D

L8ter Gators!

Say, Karl: I liked your example of the Lemon wedge and Corona. Some like it and some don't to each his own.

As far as the electronics, which I wasn't sure of either, Terry is probably correct and don't forget Marklin runs on AC too.

Evenin' Folks!

Just thought I'd pop in to get a tall glass of lemonade... And share a quote I found a while back.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Have a good one!

Ray: Very interesting quote, thanks.

David: The notched sheet metal on either side of the headlight is an ALCo characteristic, to accommodate the Number Lights (AKA Running Lights), and the sand filler openings. That's a design element found both on the front and rear of the locomotive. Note, on the rear (short hood) end, that the hand brake wheel is recessed, another design feature. The RS11, was ALCo's answer to the EMD GP9 and GP18.

Ray: Interesting quote....Appropriate. I'll take a Corona :rolleyes:.

The Birds swept the Tribe this weekend. Maryland Native Nolan Reimold's pinch hit 2 run homer. Again, I had to settle for the highlights. This morning's quick stop for a few items, turned into a complete grocery shopping trip. Took about an hour longer than anticipated. I did get to run a train back and forth, and install the GFCI out on the patio, Took longer to find the right breaker to open, than it did to change the outlet and cover.

Say Boris: Ok, it's the round hatches I was referring to and when you said sand filler hatches it makes sense. That just goes to show you how unfamiliar I am with Diesels. Are you familiar with the old AGEIR and where their Sand compartments are. I would assume they must have been inside the body on either end. I never even thought of that before till now.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Back