Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

Corey- Hang in there buddy, recognizing the problem is a huge step forward. So many people have perished because of denial, by the time they realize they have a problem, they have lost everything.

For me: I never get too mad,
Too sad,
Or too glad,
To make me take a drink today.

I wish you nothing but success Corey.

Mel

Sherrel - I don't know how you can stand that heat. If it were me I would be high tailing home where there is some air conditioning. Sound more like suffering than camping.

Good morning, gosh it's still morning! It is 68 in the Fraser Valley under a cloudless sky.

Been very busy working on my big wooden trestle, the deck is built and now I'm building a jig to assemble the bents. This bridge is 232 HO scale feet long and 110 feet high. I will post some pics later today or tomorrow. Really enjoying this build, great fun this hobby is.

Have a great day everybody.

Mel

Afternoon All,

MOH is already volunteering at the school (2nd day of school). Yesterday I mentioned that I thought I had 2 roundhouse tracks with power issues. Today I metered them (6) and all were at 11V except one track which was at 5v. I have seen this before when 1 feeder had a bad connection to the buss. I had to go to ACE to get more connectors and redid both feeder wires. No change. I checked the feeder solder joints on the track. Both solid. I pulled off the RH roof over that track to see if there was an issue inside and no problem. I was scratching my head and decided what the heck, before I redo the track feeder solders I might as well clean the track. After cleaning the track, the track metered at 11V. Note to self: Start with the easiest things first.:mad: I also cleaned out the bottom of the closet in the train room.

Chet- Excellent scenes. I have also moved my stock pens several times before the current location. 90 F is not that hot if you don't have the humidity to go with it.

Willie- We paid ours off last year (9 years early). Too bad we can't say that about the property taxes which are around $2500/year.

Corey- My son quit almost 2 years ago after several arrests and thousands in fines (thankfully no felonies). He has a completely different personality now and has lost about 40 pounds from not drinking. It's been a very tough road, but MOH and I are very proud of him. I am rooting for you.

Garry- That looks like an impressive layout.

I hope everyone has a good night

Curt - It's about 93 degrees. I just came inside. It is HOT. Lower humidity just means that it;s not as miserable.

Here's a shot of Mill Street in my town of Gallatin Gateway.

IMAG0827.jpg

Time to head home and move the rain birds and let the dogs out so they can pee and poop.

Later.

I just noticed that my post today was cut off, which is not a surprise. Net is very spotty and phone is useless unless we drive up to higher ground.

ERIC - Good luck on your trek tomorrow. Don't know about there, but out here there are at least 3-4 different transports available for medically and disabled people plus "dial a ride" of which I am not sure how it works, but I see one of their bus almost every time I venture out.

yes CHET -- 93 is hot even with low humidity. The sky here is a deep blue with nothing to stop the intensity of the suns rays. A sunburn can come very quickly!

CURT , I swear, I'm going to take away your modeling license if you keep it up with those kinds of "kinks". LOL

I don't drink either, just throwin it out there. And on a lighter note I had some miserable time with a switch yesterday and right after I had figured it out I became a switchman here literally.

Good afternoon,
MOH and I have been busy canning apple sauce and apple butter most of the day, it is a lot of work but home made seems to taste better.

Here is couple of the finished trestle deck. The trestle bents are next.

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

Rail is code 70

Mel

Golly, MEL,
that looks very nice ... code 70 huh? WHY? LOL! After working with "O" scale -- even code 100 looks small to me!

Interesting observation at the Air Base just North of us. Look at the Dew Point and Humidity!

Time (PDT)Temp. Dew Point Humidity Pressure Visibility Wind Dir Wind Speed Gust Speed Precip Events 9:58 AM 88.3 °F 36.7 °F 16% 29.93 in 10.0 mi NW 1.2 mph - N/A Clear
10:58 AM 93.6 °F 27.7 °F 10% 29.93 in 10.0 mi ENE 2.3 mph - N/A Clear
11:58 AM 96.8 °F 20.1 °F 6% 29.92 in 10.0 mi SE 3.5 mph - N/A Clear
12:58 PM 100.6 °F 13.5 °F 4% 29.90 in 10.0 mi NW 8.1 mph - N/A Clear
1:58 PM 101.7 °F 14.2 °F 4% 29.89 in 10.0 mi WNW 11.5 mph - N/A Clear
2:58 PM 102.2 °F 15.6 °F 4% 29.83 in 10.0 mi West 10.4 mph - N/A Clear
3:58 PM 101.3 °F 14.0 °F 4% 29.81 in 10.0 mi WNW 11.5 mph - N/A Clear
4:58 PM 100.6 °F 7.0 °F 4% 29.81 in 10.0 mi WNW 15.0 mph - N/A Clear

Thank you to everyone for your words of encouragement. I'm off tomorrow by myself for the first time since quitting so I'll be a busy boy! I'm already making a list of things to do including, train time. I can't imagine how much I'll accomplish around here without stopping at noon or so to start drinking! Thanks again, it means quite a bit to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey. .. Prayers for you. As info., my wife and I took her sister to a Christian based group called Celebrate Recovery which helps people deal with various problems people face in today's challenging world. We did that several years ago for a period of time. My wife and I thought we would just drive her there but we ended up participating instead of sitting there waiting for her. We helped others and we benefitted ourselves. .. The program is offered in churches around the country. and I recommend it. ...

My wife's sister's story is a sad one. My wife received a very unhappy letter from her sister who then lived in Florida . I encouraged my wife to help her sister. My wife bought her sister a greyhound bus ticket to Nahville. We picked her up and she brought only the clothes she was wearing. We did much to help her get back on her feet. We hoped she would eventually support herself. Sadly she died of COPD after living here about a year. We are comforted knowing my wife's sister's final year was peaceful for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken: I'm going to cut the lawn tomorrow, if the forecast holds. It's just too tall to suit me.
When I first read this, it came through as "...if the foreskin holds."

Somebody slap me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hi gang. It's 82*F with a SW breeze here in MD, a cool front passed thru about 90 minutes ago!:)

Dave in MN: Have you thought about possibly using "swappable" structures to multiply your photo opportunities? I remember an article in MR a few years back, by somebody who did exactly that. Gave him the chance to setout different car types on different days at the same spot.

Sherrell - Bummer about that heat, too bad you can't take your RV northward to some cooler location!

Chet - I keep getting inspired by your town scenes, seems like I could step right into them.

Eric - hang in there, hopefully you'll soon be getting the treatment you desperately need!

Louis, looks like you are teaching your grandsons the good ol' American work ethic - bravo!

Corey, feel free to keep on posting here every day you get thru without "picking up", that actually also helps guys like Mel and myself stay sober!

Mel - trestle's lookin' good! Wish I had an excuse to put one of those on my layout, but I simply don't have the real estate...

Curt - Glad to hear your son is recovering, seems like I keep finding more people who have been touched by this wretched disease! Sorry to hear about your wasted wiring efforts and trip to ACe, at least now everything is working again!

Greg - welcome to the Coffee Shop. I, too, have had my share of battles with malfunctioning switches!

Garry I remember you telling us about your SIL. Tragic, but at least she had the two of you to help ease her suffering.

Beady - looks like you could use some help with a different type of problem...!:rolleyes:

Just went thru some protracted discomfort of my own earlier this evening: Had to crouch down under the layout to run some wires for a new signal mast I erected at the gate of the auto plant. Had to lean over sideways and hold my cordless drill at an angle to install cable clamps in some places; then there was the soldering. This is one of the top three activities I dislike about the hobby. Oh well "no-pain-no-gain", at least the new signal is fully functional now.

Later...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back