Running Bear's Coffee Shop - LIII

There are rules when it comes to that. Call it whatever you want.
You could call it the "Poop, Scoop & Skiddoo RR" for all anyone care.

Since it was Mom's leftover funds that got me going I named it after her: "Palmer Valley Railroad".
I contacted that side of my family just to be sure they thought it was OK. Palmer is her maiden name.
All of them said I didn't need their permission or blessing to call it whatever... but..... "since you asked, I think it's a GREAT idea!" That was practically the exact same response from all of them.
Doesn't really matter in the end. I rarely refer to that way. It's just "they layout" usually.
E.

LOL! The PS&S! Just wondered how they came up with such great names. The blind luck of where they were run I guess.

Some of them are confusing. What made it a "limited" line as compared to what? Things like that. Things like "and Western" are pretty obvious but I've been curious about the "limited" thing for a long time.

Good morning folks.

Boy, you all have been a chatty group lately! I don't check in for a few days and we move like twenty pages. I've never seen the old coffee shop so busy. Our ladies must be putting something in the coffee to bring everyone back so often.;)

We are in monsoon season right now I guess. My grass is laughing at me while it grows like crazy and I can't cut it back into submission due to inches and inches of rain. Funny thing is though, the first night of substantial rain didn't even make it to my sump pump. The ground was quite dry I guess.

I'm off without much to do today so I think I'll wander into the train room. At least I can remember what it looks like! For some reason the spirit is just not moving me lately to do anything. Probably since I'm too focused on work and other stresses. I use to play with trains to forget about it.

Time to refresh the coffee cup. Have a good day everyone.

Limited was usually a name of a specific train. It was a way to signify exclusivity or being a premium train. "And western" or "and pacific" was to signify that it went way out west.

Good morning folks.

Boy, you all have been a chatty group lately! I don't check in for a few days and we move like twenty pages. I've never seen the old coffee shop so busy. Our ladies must be putting something in the coffee to bring everyone back so often.;)

We are in monsoon season right now I guess. My grass is laughing at me while it grows like crazy and I can't cut it back into submission due to inches and inches of rain. Funny thing is though, the first night of substantial rain didn't even make it to my sump pump. The ground was quite dry I guess.

I'm off without much to do today so I think I'll wander into the train room. At least I can remember what it looks like! For some reason the spirit is just not moving me lately to do anything. Probably since I'm too focused on work and other stresses. I use to play with trains to forget about it.

Time to refresh the coffee cup. Have a good day everyone.

Mostly my fault I'm afraid! I'm riding a huge high getting into this and have been quite a "Chatty Cathy" soaking up the wisdom, asking 'damfool' questions and being a general puppy.

I thank you all for your patience!

Limited was usually a name of a specific train. It was a way to signify exclusivity or being a premium train. "And western" or "and pacific" was to signify that it went way out west.

Ah, Thank You. Like a 'point to point', I get it. LOL! "Great Northern" kinda says it all. No mystery there! I'll figure something out.

Mostly my fault I'm afraid! I'm riding a huge high getting into this and have been quite a "Chatty Cathy" soaking up the wisdom, asking 'damfool' questions and being a general puppy.

I thank you all for your patience!

Au contraire monsieur! Don't call it a "fault".
After coming back from the beach early last month I didn't hardly do anything all month. Your enthusiasm re-igniting mine and I threw down as my recent pics will attest.
Probably is it has all been scenery work so no trains have been running and the track needs a serious cleaning and a full shakedown all over - especially after finishing up ballasting work yesterday. For that matter I don't think I've ran any trains in or out of the yard lines at all.

Speaking of track cleaning, I've put it off long enough already this morning. Might as well head upstairs and get busy.
Catch you all during the next break.....
E.

Au contraire monsieur! Don't call it a "fault".
After coming back from the beach early last month I didn't hardly do anything all month. Your enthusiasm re-igniting mine and I threw down as my recent pics will attest.
Probably is it has all been scenery work so no trains have been running and the track needs a serious cleaning and a full shakedown all over - especially after finishing up ballasting work yesterday. For that matter I don't think I've ran any trains in or out of the yard lines at all.

Speaking of track cleaning, I've put it off long enough already this morning. Might as well head upstairs and get busy.
Catch you all during the next break.....
E.

10:30! I'll be bouncing up to the porch every five minutes till the UPS truck comes, got a nice lil 'chunk' a comin on in! A 'trackmobile', 2 Steamers and some rollers I been after, kinda 'stealthy' lookin passenger cars for my "Wild, Wild, West" train! (he, hee!)

Could call it "The NG Ginormous Railway System". :D

I got the 'cubic'! That's for sure!

Hmmm, the "Detroit, Lans-rapids,(LOL) Chicago, Muskegon, Soo and Western, UNlimited"...a bit wordy, have ta 'trim it down'.

Gotta go check the porch!

I guess mine could be Mankato, Wells and Back Again! Or MWRR. Mankato Wells Roundy Round!

Some time in the next ten years I'm planning on driving to Washington State to see relatives and will be passing through your part of the country! Gonna 'railfan' the whole way!

Come east on 80 coming home from the service, will be going to go out on 90 and loop way back south and see my cousins in Texas and my Sister in Fla, gonna be quite a trip but I like to drive!

What part of FL? If you end up heading back north on I-75 you'll pass within 1 mile of my house.
Better stop by!! Maybe spend the night. Beats staying at any of these local roach motels (i.e. drugs and whore stops).
E

Back