Running Bear's Coffee Shop - LIII

Derailments!??! Looked pretty smooth in the video or is it clearance issues?
No derailments at all. They aren't staggering right. Doesn't "look right" to me.
I did have clearance issues with the intermodals but took care of that some time ago.
This is my first time working with pre-fab stuff so I'm a little [overly] cautious perhaps.
E.

No derailments at all. They aren't staggering right. Doesn't "look right" to me.
I did have clearance issues with the intermodals but took care of that some time ago.
This is my first time working with pre-fab stuff so I'm a little [overly] cautious perhaps.
E.

I mean staggering on the portals and their distance apart. Otherwise, I'll have to cut them and stick them together.
I'm not ready for that. I'd rather use them as whole pieces if I can get away with it.
Might take to 2 more weeks of thinking on it but I'll figure something out.
E.

I mean staggering on the portals and their distance apart. Otherwise, I'll have to cut them and stick them together.
I'm not ready for that. I'd rather use them as whole pieces if I can get away with it.
Might take to 2 more weeks of thinking on it but I'll figure something out.
E.

That would certainly add some 'depth' to the mountain if you staggered the tunnel entrances, makes the mountain seem more 'formidable'!

I have a video uploading right now showing my delima and what I did for the other side earlier.
Probably be another hour or so before it's done uploading.
I'll post the link when done.

Throw down you Michigan Mud Hen! ;)
E

BigE- If it was me I would do it this way.

Place the inside rail portal first then place the outer one several inches behind it. Because the outer rail is wider it will be easier to join the 2 together. It might also look good to connect the two portals with a stone wall with the mountain starting on top of that and the portals. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do.

My "Nana" never stopped telling about the time she met him and got a pic in Vegas! (sadly long gone, the pic and Nana!) It was at the high point of the shows popularity and he had the lollipop and was doin the tagline for everybody that got a picture with him. She said he was a "class act" as a person!...

I am a huge Telly Savalas fan. Everything I have read about the man says he was a real stand up guy and always a gentlemen.

Yip! Very much tempted to get Kojak on DVD....

I have the complete Kojak movie collection, but I have yet to find the complete TV series. As far as I can tell it is only sold as individual seasons. It runs about $25 per season and that is to much for me because I am CHEAP! I have them on my Amazon wish list waiting for one of Amazon's crazy deals.

kojak_top-story.jpg

The only reason I am up this late (way past my bed time!) is because I had to wait for my grandson to go to bed to research the game "Minecraft" my daughter promised him the full PC version for doing good at school.

1 week gets a gift!? I never got anything for a year or ever for school! Maybe had I actually showed up for school more often and not been repeatedly threatened to be expelled when I did show up I may have gotten something?

Ok I have learned more then I want to know about this game so now I am off to bed!

I am ready to sleep like a kitten.
1-chessie-system-the-baltimore-and-ohio-railroad.jpg

Have a good night everybody!

LOL! Mucked about with my Son's Minecraft game and all I did was build a train track!

E, The more distance between the two gives more justification for two and even though the actual area of the Mountain would be reduced a little, the added 'depth' would compensate!

Spent the evening going over frame design with ole Rob, he's like a hound on a scent and it's fun to watch a guy like this tackle a 'problem'!

Going whole hog on the mud tomorrow, should have a good portion mudded enough to pass muster for painting by Monday!

Not gonna speed demon it, trying to not make it look TOO bad, but like I say, nobody is going to even look at the ceiling because of the trains!

ERIC. CURT took the words out of my mouth. Place the left portal ahead of the right, or ... Make a double portal as GARRY did and place it on the straight track rather than the curve.

I tried all your suggestions.
A video with what I am going to do is uploading right now.
Yeah, I've been up a couple hours already.
Of course I will be going back for some more sleep after it uploads and I post it.
None of the solutions are really optimal.
I'll probably just go with my video and make it work - somehow.
It's not carved in stone.
Or in this case, cast in plaster, so nothing is final yet.
E.

Back