BigE

Allow me Terry. You can sleep in.
~

Attachments

• coffee_pot.jpg
    coffee_pot.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 476
Good morning everybody!

75 under mostly cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore.

I am late this morning because I was updating my inventory with the recent purchases and found I had missed a few things over the last few months. What a time consuming task it Is to play catch up. Stay on top or the ball rolls over you!

I buy Maxwell House 100% Columbian coffee, the importers have already sorted out the white powder before It gets to me :)

I took my Mom shopping at Target yesterday in the new yuppie shopping center in Canton. I sat in the Starbucks as I waited for her to finish. Looking at the prices was shocking, but one after another the lemmings were buying. This morning after reading you reply about the white powder I am wondering if the importers leave the white powder in the coffee for Starbucks. I was waiting to be told I had to buy something, but they never did. No way I am paying their insane prices for a cup of coffee. I had a 24 ounce 100% Columbian Coffee from Royal Farms waiting for me in my car and the only white powder for me is powdered coffee creamer and Splenda.

Have a great day everybody!

th

I rarely buy a cup coffee but when I do it's Royal Farms 100% Columbian

That's the stuff!
coffee.jpg

False alarm! My hypochondriac ex-brother-in-law called EVERYBODY last night to warn us all of the impending doom coming in the form of a 'Storm of the Centuries!....cut to this morning and not a DROP of rain fell last night. (wtf???) He was talking 'Biblical' proportions of rain and winds to blow the house down! I don't see nothing.

False alarm! My hypochondriac ex-brother-in-law called EVERYBODY last night to warn us all of the impending doom coming in the form of a 'Storm of the Centuries!....cut to this morning and not a DROP of rain fell last night. (wtf???) He was talking 'Biblical' proportions of rain and winds to blow the house down! I don't see nothing.

Some people just HAVE to have drama going on. If there isn't any, then by God they'll start some.
I have this fantastic ability to react to people like that in the opposite way. The more excited and hyper they get, the more layed back and disconcerned I become. The can drive them nuts.
However, I've also figured out if you really need them to get shut up quick go along with it and go all in and start getting all frantic and scared right along with them. Once they realize you are mocking them to their face, they immediately shut up and go away.

Some people just HAVE to have drama going on. If there isn't any, then by God they'll start some.
I have this fantastic ability to react to people like that in the opposite way. The more excited and hyper they get, the more layed back and disconcerned I become. The can drive them nuts.
However, I've also figured out if you really need them to get shut up quick go along with it and go all in and start getting all frantic and scared right along with them. Once they realize you are mocking them to their face, they immediately shut up and go away.

That's him! Nice enough guy, not evil, but he will lie just to tell people what he thinks they want to hear. It's exasperating! And he gets 'diseases' and ailments that have not been seen by modern science, like 'the croop', 'dropsey' and the 'blind staggers'! Things people in the 1800's had to deal with! LOL!

Good morning. Another cool start for the morning at 41 degrees. We made it up to 65 yesterday and are expected to be in the high 70's this afternoon.

Had Colombian coffee this morning. We really like the Kona coffee but being that the good stuff is a bit expensive, usually we'll have it on the weekends when we have time to enjoy it. I understand that it is the most expensive coffee in the world.

new guy - I think you better check and see what your ex brother in law is smoking. Could be more than tobacco.

Good morning. Another cool start for the morning at 41 degrees. We made it up to 65 yesterday and are expected to be in the high 70's this afternoon.

Had Colombian coffee this morning. We really like the Kona coffee but being that the good stuff is a bit expensive, usually we'll have it on the weekends when we have time to enjoy it. I understand that it is the most expensive coffee in the world.

new guy - I think you better check and see what your ex brother in law is smoking. Could be more than tobacco.

He don't smoke but he drinks like a fish! Beer and SCHNAPPS! WHOO!!! I yousta hang with him a lot when they were married, yousta hunt with him too till he displayed unsafe gun handling! (INSTANT no-go!) He's the kind of guy that life knocks down and they do not even try to get up. Too bad, he HAD potential!

Good Morning, 54 and rain. We are supposed to get 3 inches. To bad we can't ship some of this off to California!!

With my fingers usually!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm doing a little better every day. The brace comes off in 2 weeks! Woo-hoo!
Thank for askin.;)

SWEET! Freedom of movement is a wonderful thing! (as I recall!)

How many laps around the house at a time are you up to now before you get yelled at? LOL!

Been wondering and figured y'all would know.

What is the formula or tradition involved with choosing a name for a RR? I'll need a 'company name' for when the layout 'lives'! I'm still trying to think of a snappy 'handle' and find a good picture for my avatar.

With my fingers usually!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm doing a little better every day. The brace comes off in 2 weeks! Woo-hoo!
Thank for askin.;)

Karl ... We won't ask what you are feeling. ... Glad you are recovering from the neck surgery.

I continue to put together my very old kit of a plumbing supply house for my layout. It is close to completion.

That's him! Nice enough guy, not evil, but he will lie just to tell people what he thinks they want to hear. It's exasperating! And he gets 'diseases' and ailments that have not been seen by modern science, like 'the croop', 'dropsey' and the 'blind staggers'! Things people in the 1800's had to deal with! LOL!

Most of us know the pity party people. They are annoying. I don't think they are happy with who they are.
We expect rain here today, but nothing major.

Most of us know the pity party people. They are annoying. I don't think they are happy with who they are.
We expect rain here today, but nothing major.

Too true, them and the 'angry' ones, always being mad about something is no way to live! (been there, done that)

We better get something! My bones are screaming! The ever present shoulder pain is colliding with the arthritis knee pain in a perfect storm of "that front better come on thru or I'm gonna start drinkin early!" kinda pain! OY!

Been wondering and figured y'all would know.

What is the formula or tradition involved with choosing a name for a RR? I'll need a 'company name' for when the layout 'lives'! I'm still trying to think of a snappy 'handle' and find a good picture for my avatar.

There are NO rules when it comes to that. Call it whatever you want.
You could call it the "Poop, Scoop & Skiddoo RR" for all anyone care.

Since it was Mom's leftover funds that got me going I named it after her: "Palmer Valley Railroad".
I contacted that side of my family just to be sure they thought it was OK. Palmer is her maiden name.
All of them said I didn't need their permission or blessing to call it whatever... but..... "since you asked, I think it's a GREAT idea!" That was practically the exact same response from all of them.
Doesn't really matter in the end. I rarely refer to that way. It's just "they layout" usually.
E.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back