Running Bear's Coffee Shop L

This is the new place. Grab a cup, but don't touch the wet paint.

I think you numbered this one incorrectly.
Shouldn't it be XLX ??
Well. Maybe not. If the last one 49, then you would be correct.

Never mind. I've only had 1 beer and my nose if full of dirt dust. At least that's done.
Also got the flood loader lit up just fine. Can't wait for dark to see how it looks.
E.

Good Afternoon,

67 with sunny skies in peaceful southeast Baltimore.

Thank you everyone for your concern, but I have not seen any of the madness in my neighborhood.

I have much to share with you, but very little time right now. I thought I would be catching up on things this week, but I have only fallen further behind. I have no cause to complain compared to the troubles others are experiencing in my city and throughout the world.

Have a great day everybody!

I almost forgot, thank you Terry for opening the new coffee shop.

I heard they cancelled tonight's Orioles game.
They said they will play the game tomorrow night but the stadium will be closed to the public.
What a bizarre MLB game to watch on TV without crowds making racket, the organ and the game announcer.
I guess there wouldn't be any mistaking if someone decides to have words with an umpire.
That would just have to be a strange game to watch.
E.

Thank you very much Montanan, that means a lot to me :)

BigE before the Orioles recent resurgence back to their winning ways I endured 14 years of watching them lose. Some games having very small and indifferent crowds. This won't be the first game I have seen when you can't hear anything from the crowd. I remember one game from Detroit when the Tigers were also perennial losers and all I could hear was a hot dog vendor, but we won't hear any vendors at this game.

The shame of all of this is all the Police and other innocent people who were injured. Not to mention the hard working people who are negatively effected and many will be for years to come.

On a lighter note, I picked a set of 4 of these passenger cars for my Amtrak GG1 to pull.

43077.jpg

BigE before the Orioles recent resurgence back to their winning ways I endured 14 years of watching them lose. Some games having very small and indifferent crowds. This won't be the first game I have seen when you can't hear anything from the crowd. I remember one game from Detroit when the Tigers were also perennial losers and all I could hear was a hot dog vendor, but we won't hear any vendors at this game.

Sounds like my Braves in the mid-late 80s. My girlfriend at the time regularly came home with tickets from her work's marketing dept. and we many times sat right behind Ted Turner and Jane Fonda. That was right behind home plate about the 4th row back. A lot of times I doubt there was a thousand people there - if that many.

Nice score on those cars!
Be safe up there!
E.

Good evening gang!

Been watching the news the last 2 days. It seems that cooler heads are prevailing, despite the Reverend Al Sharpton.:rolleyes: My favorite piece of footage though is the mother who manhandled her rioting son in the middle of the street, all caught on TV. If you haven't seen it take a look. I almost feel sorry for the little feller.

[video]http://abc7.com/news/video-angry-baltimore-mom-beats-son-suspected-of-rioting/684791/[/video]

Naah not really. He's lucky thats the worst that happened to him. They are calling her the "Mother of the year" here! ;)

Louis, So glad you are safe, I hope it stays that way!

Not much happening here...had to borrow a friends truck to get SWMBO a new storage cabinet. Its an old 92 Ford with a bajillion miles on it and a "Dont mess with Texas" bumper sticker.. Developed a hard missfire on the way back. So here is the Chevy Guy messing with a Ford finding then fixing the missfire. Why cant folks let you borrow a new truck??:rolleyes:

Later gang!

Good evening y'all. 61*F and clear in my little corner of MD. Far enough away from the City to be unaffected by the mayhem. Louis, glad to see you're ok!

Terry, thanks for opening the new diner!

I've been lurking here a bit but not posting, because I've been so busy trying to accurately decorate a 1:87 city bus in Cleveland Transit System colors (will post pix later, I promise!). It has become a major obsession for me, partly because I enjoy creating and printing my own decals, but also because I saw so many of this particular body style (GMC "Old Look") when I was a young'un. I looked at them the same way I looked at F units during my train chasing days: They were becoming more and more scarce with each passing day!

Eric, how's that new solder station working out for you?

Chet, I've been enjoying your Milwaukee "ghost" photos. There's a lot of rr history in my area too, but I'm too lazy to stop and snap pictures. Much of the former facilities, like Port Covington, have been paved-over anyway.

Curt - your bridge seems to be coming along nicely. Condolences on the recent passing of your friend.

Joe - Isn't that so typical of the MVA [or whatever they call it in NJ]? Always requiring you to come up with that 1 extra obscure piece of paperwork.

Later, gotta get back to my project...

Karl - you came in after I started typing my post. One of my co-workers showed me that video, and all I could say was "You GO, momma!":cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening. Clouds are starting to stream in, and it's 50.
Speaking of 50, the coffee shop is indeed numbered correctly. XLIX is 49, L is 50.

G'day all...A balmy 11 celcius (about 52 F) in downtown StMarys Tasmania , Australia today...Glad to see our Baltimore/Maryland friends are all okay after the senseless rioting going on...Winter's a' approaching so I needed a good cup of hot coffee...What better place to get it than here...Just after midday...Will pop into the coffee shop again soon..Cheers Rod..

Good evening, everybody.

Flip ... Interesting about the boxcars you mentioned.

Curt ... Nice of your former co-workers to go to lunch with you. I continue to be glad we met when I was in Orlando in January.

Chet .... Are you still making travel plans?

This evening, I was running my streetcars. I had done so recently because they needed maintenance and the rails needed cleaning. That work has now been done, and the streetcars are again running between downtown and Union Station.

Streetcars.jpg

Happy Model Railroading, everybody.

Good morning. There are some high clouds, and it is still 50.

Attachments

• coffee_pot.jpg
    coffee_pot.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 163
Good morning. Coffee smells good. Starting off at 42 degrees this morning. Love the weather up here. Snow Saturday and Sunday and yesterday we hit 75 degrees.

GARRY - no travel plans yet. We may be living in a construction zone this summer. Remodeling plans could present a problem depending on scheduling. We have 2 bathrooms that will be gutted and remodeled, all new kitchen appliances and counter tops along with new flooring throughout the house. Not looking forward to that.

One last picture from the trip to Missoula last weekend. A lot of the time the Milwaukee Road and the Northern Pacific (now Montana Rail Link/BNSF) were fairly close together. In this picture you can see the present day right of way in the foreground and on the other side of the river (Clark Fork River) you can see the old Milwaukee Road right of way along the opposite shore line. It was nice to have someone else take the wheel for a bit and be able to pay more attention to the tracks and old right of way. Hard to do when you're driving. I should take a day in the summer and bring my good camera along and have the time to stop and take better pictures.

IMAG0368.jpg

Good Morning, 59° and sunny this morning. Going into the low 70s. Going over to the boardwalk for our walk today and take advantage of the spring weather.

The second "visit" to the DMV, was successful. I walked in, -no lines, no surprises, no BS - I had my permit and was on my way in less than 10 minutes. What a difference a day makes. Lesson learned, don't go to the DMV on Monday.

Guy behind me decided to have all the trees in the back taken down. Big difference. My yard is much brighter.

Garry: Nice scene with the street cars. The urban scenery is well done.

Good Morning, we have full sunshine but a bit cool, about 45 and heading for 65, which is just about a perfect high.

Just a slight chance of rain all week. Green up is coming along nicely.

Good morning folks.

It's sunny and beautiful today. Yesterday was the same but I spent the whole day in the car and in training. The training was put on by Serta in Spirit Lake Iowa. The good part was that it was done at the Surf Ballroom, the last place Buddy Holly and friends played before they died. Quite a bit of history in that old ballroom.

I've been away from work for two whole days and it feels like a lifetime. I'm ready to make some money today!

Have a good day everyone.

Chilly here the last few days for this time of year in these parts.
High of mid-low 60 and scattered rain all day.

Well, Well ... Acting as if it is summer already. Temp reached 93 here yesterday .. Supposed to be the same today .. Then cooling a little towards the weekend.

Looking forward to some of Bill's coffee this morning. Thanks TERRY for making several pots.

Have a lot of things to work on around here that need some repair. Being down for the better part of the last 8-10 months has really left a backlog of things to repair. Working on getting boxed and stored Christmas stuff which has been cluttering up the garage all year. Maybe I can start on some spousal unit projects after that. Also need to work on 2013 tax return .. Then 2014 after that .. HA, by the time I get those two finished .. 2015's will be due. SIGH!

Back