Running Bear's Coffee Shop L

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
This is the new place. Grab a cup, but don't touch the wet paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, the new digs look great!

Oh, and I see Liver & Onions are back on the menu! Woo hoo!, Flo baby, I'll have the Liver & Onions platter, with a side of fries, and I'll wash it down with a peach sweet tea! :D

Most of all gang!

tip_your_waitress_card-p137655962504630568q0yk_400.jpg

Tip your waitress!!

That being said, been watching the city of Baltimore self destruct in spots. I can't help but wonder why. Now the National Guard is getting involved.

Louis, be safe, keep your loved ones in tonight.

Terry- Thanks for opening the diner.

Chet- Glad you made it home. That was a nice 3 game set.

Louis- Keep family safe and LOCK and LOAD.

Garry- Love your pictures.

Flip

Arrg, TERRY... You should have started post 1 with DAVID's lovely ladies.

Forgot to mention that the Collins Foundtion had four of their war birds in town here. A friend and I went the first day .. We almost had the place to ourselves at 9 in the morning during a work day. A beautiful P-51c, a B-17, and a B-24j were in attendance ... Their B-25 had prop issues and could not make this show.

image.jpg

image.jpg
I SAID: GET OFF MY LAWN !!

Terry ... Thanks for starting the new thread. .... Say hello to Bill T if you are in contact with him.
Flip ... Thanks fpr the comment.
Sherrel ... Neat looking old aircraft. .... I visited the Air Museum in Tuscan a few years ago and they have lot of old war birds there.

Evening, yes thanks Terry for getting the new opened.

Lets try and be a bit creative in the kind of tips we leave the waitresses! Ok?

A new day! Good morning.

Sure hope Louis and his family are safe. The natives are restless.

Sherrel - Love the war birds. We have a lot of them at the FBO that I used to work at and now fly out of. Managed to fly a few of them years back. Here's one we keep hangered. Got a couple od rides in this one.

p-51.jpg

While I was working there, General Chuck Yeager was a passenger on a plane that dropped someone off in Bozeman and there was an F-100 Super Sabre parked on the apron. He was looking at it and I mentioned that he probably was quite familiar with them. He sort of grunted and quietly said "maintenance hogs". We also got to host the Blue Angels when we had an air show here. They were a class act.

Got my coffee and left a big tip on the table.

Good morning. 56°, and sunny. Maybe, spring is finally making a showing.

Went to the DMV to renew my disabled parking permit. They threw me a curve, so I have to go back today. :rolleyes:

It's sad to see Baltimore self destruct. What's worse, is seeing sensationalized news promos, and sending (local NYC) reporters down to "cover" the story. Last thing they need down there is a team of New York City "Local" TV reporters.

I finally "fixed" the snow thrower, yesterday, and "summer-ized" it. Amazing how much easier it is to replace an auger belt when the temperature is 60°, than at 20°. :rolleyes: Today I finish tuning the lawn mower. Then I get to cut the lawn :rolleyes:.

Oh, BTW, I'll have a bacon, egg and cheese on a Portuguese Roll, with coffee to go.

Get the snow thrower fixed ??? Early preparation for next winter ?? My lawn is turning into a hay field and I still have the snow plow on the tractor. Hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend and I'll put the two oldest grandsons to work.

Baltimore is about an hour SW of me. It hits you more when the news is relatively local. Baltimore is the southern Terminus of my freelance railroad.

We have a warplane restoration group and museum at our local airfield, have a show once a year. There's an Aussie built P-51D that flies regularly, at least one also Aussie "Boomerang" fighter, Harvard trainer, MIG15, Hawker Hunter jet in bits, as is a DC3 Dakota, a Bristol Beaufort WW2 bomber under reconstruction and several WW1 fighters as well, these being replicas, even of the "Red Barons" tri plane. Had a Bristol F.B2 fighter (2 seat, rear facing gunner) replica that was flying last week end over our local Gallipoli parade. Quite big for a Bi-plane.

Good morning guys, started out 41 but we are heading for the mid 60's again.

Yesterday I hiked around town a little and found some interesting tracks, next time I go for the hike will take a camera.

Garry- I took another close look at your post and see that I have two of those red 50 foot double door cars. #48500 and 48513.
My SD24 is a SF and has the torpedo tanks on top.

Flip

Morning fellers. I've already been busy this morning.
Woke up early this dreaming about how to mount some lighting on my flood loader.
I went upstairs to recon the situation and came back downstairs and saw a vehicle in my drive. That was about 1000 hours.
People turn around in my drive all the time so I didn't think anything about it until when they backed out and it was a van that said "LaserShip" on the side. Then it occurred to me I thought I had heard a beep like a scanner but thought it was on the radio. I'm not expecting anything today - tomorrow yes. Sure enough there is a box at the door.
It was my new soldering station that I ordered just yesterday morning.!!
I don't remember wanting expedited shipping. I checked my order and sure enough it was suppose to come until tomorrow. I figured the shipper must have been close by in the metro-Atl. Close. It came from Chattanooga, went straight to Marietta and then to my house. Wow! I wish they were all like that.
I spend way more time waiting on things than I do to make use of them.
So I put the new iron right to work.

Being motivated and on a roll I decided to thrown down on some dirt work that I put off yesterday. Guess I should have taken care of the yard area where the flood loader goes so I can put it back and wire it up.
Might as well head back up and do some more.
E.

Get the snow thrower fixed ??? Early preparation for next winter ?? My lawn is turning into a hay field and I still have the snow plow on the tractor. Hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend and I'll put the two oldest grandsons to work.

Yea, sort of. I replaced both belts in the fall, before it got cold. While clearing the driveway, the auger belt failed, so I ended up finishing the old fashion way, with a shovel. When the replacement belt arrived, it was so cold that I just put it aside. I decided that I should fix it now, before I misplace the belt. It's good to go now. Going to finish the mower now that lunch is over. Cut tomorrow. My lawn is hit or miss, some of it is really tall and growing, while other portions are barely green.

Afternoon All,

Finished 3 more bridge sections today for a total of 5. Tomorrow I will finish the last 2 sections. Each section is 4 inches long. Earlier today I did some chores around the house including cleaning out the closet area under the stairs. I was reading ahead in the directions and it seems after this part is complete the rest is pretty easy...famous last words.

Thursday several of my old co-workers invited me out to lunch, so I am looking forward to that. Last night I ordered 2 different types of turf blends that Scenic Express produces.

20150428_152132_zpsejqzhky6.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back