New to the forum

Thank you for the warm welcome everybody. I particularly like the Prewar & Postwar Lionel O gauge locomotives, cars, accessories & more. I just recently have really had an interest in these particular cars & scale. I also am interested in N & HO scales as well. All eras, early days to modern / present time. I originally got into the "train stuff" about 6-7 years ago. I have a small online business which has grown a lot more recently. My husband & I have an online business and were originally just selling auto parts. He works in body shop & I have a part time job outside of our business. It slowly began to grow into something else once I started dealing with vintage jewelry & then we bought our first couple of train sets. Didn't think much of it at the time, but we happened to come across a person that was selling everything they had, including an entire hobby shop buyout that they had purchased & just sat on. So that was the beginning for us, especially me.

It was two trailers full of locomotives, cars, track, an abundance of accessories and so much more. It all ranged in scales of N, HO & O for the most part. That is where my interest really came together with trains. I had things that were no longer in production, NOS, New without boxes, some Used, etc. My husband got a few Ives engines & cars that started a hobby for him. He started to refurbish his first engine & it was as a hobby & to keep, not to sell on our store.
My interest was peaked as I learned more & more about the companies such as Lionel, American Flyer, Bachmann, and many more. I started looking for the rare cars. Of course some I put on my store but I started collecting as well. I prefer to leave the cars or items as is. Whether I am going to keep it for myself or sell it on my store. I started to see pictures of the layouts from my customers that purchase items from us and I am so lucky to have so many rare & unique items.

Basically I joined this forum to learn more and chat with other like minded souls that are interested in trains. In the beginning it was about selling and making a profit (which some of course I still do) but I have got a real interest in them and found myself wanting to learn more. Like how to care for my trains, test them & fix them as well. I never ever thought this would turn into a hobby like it has. But I absolutely love it now.

I am interested in learning more & looking to really start my own diorama layout. I just recently have received another huge lot of train cars, engines, buildings & much more. Had to get a Uhaul for this load..lol

Basically I am interested in the history of the stuff I have and figuring out where to start with setting up my own layout. I ran across this website when researching some of the cars I have and it looked like a great place to meet other train hobbyists. Looking forward to meeting new people and trading information & just making some new friends. I can possibly even help out some other hobbyists as well. Thanks again for the warn welcome and looking forward to my journey on what to do or where to start my own layout & collection to keep for myself. I am very excited about this forum and excited to go through all of the stuff I have.

Dina

I particularly like the Prewar & Postwar Lionel O gauge locomotives, cars, accessories & more.
Hey Dina. Then you will get along fine with Louis (Bruette). He's our Lionel aficionado here; there are others as well. Post some photos of your stuff, as we all love pictures. Also, how about posting your online business address in case someone here is interested in purchasing stuff. It's not against any rules.

Hey Dina. Then you will get along fine with Louis (Bruette). He's our Lionel aficionado here; there are others as well. Post some photos of your stuff, as we all love pictures. Also, how about posting your online business address in case someone here is interested in purchasing stuff. It's not against any rules.
Hi Willie!
Thank you and I wasn't sure about the rules or anything on the forum. Heading to bed shortly but I will definitely be on here tomorrow. I was going to browse thru the site and check out the do's and don'ts. I am not looking to do anything that is not permitted or offend anyone..lol
I will put up some photos tomorrow & my info. I am always open to discussing business too if anyone is interested. I will absolutely put up some photos though and looking forward to browsing other members collections. Seems like this forum will be a great fit for me and y'all seem great! Nice to talk to some friendly people out there. I don't use facebook, it is not my thing (not against it..lol) but this forum seemed a better fit. So happy to find you guys here. Hope y'all have a great night and looking forward to chatting much more and putting up some photos for everyone.
If there is anyone looking for something in particular, feel free to message me or reply anytime at all.

Also, let me know what is permitted to share. Don't want to break any rules 😇

Goodnight everyone!

Dina

Also, let me know what is permitted to share. Don't want to break any rules
There's no problem with posting your website address at all. We love pictures as well. The forum also has whats called "The Interchange Track", which is a place to list items for sale by members to other members. Go to the "Forums" header and scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

There's no problem with posting your website address at all. We love pictures as well. The forum also has whats called "The Interchange Track", which is a place to list items for sale by members to other members. Go to the "Forums" header and scroll down towards the bottom of the page.
Thank you for that information. I still have a lot to explore on this forum for sure. I am currently cataloging all of my inventory & the items that need to be listed for sale. So basically I am working from home today. I also work at a diner where I am a cook and I am in charge when my boss is away. So I stay pretty busy between there and my online business.
I came across a G scale locomotive that is Brand new in box. I am having a hard time finding out what it is worth and any history on it. I am going to post it and see if anyone can help me out with it. I will attach pictures to this message. Just a heads up, I did not unwrap the engine completely because I wanted to leave it as NEW and not damage anything. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thinking I should post this in another section as well. Let me know what you think. Thanks a bunch!! :)

It is an ARISTO CRAFT TRAINS ART-2219S Louisville & Nashville #1616 GE U25B Diesel Locomotive 1:29 scale / G Gauge NIB

Attachments

• DSCN2078.JPG
    DSCN2078.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2079.JPG
    DSCN2079.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN2080.JPG
    DSCN2080.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN2081.JPG
    DSCN2081.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN2082.JPG
    DSCN2082.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN2083.JPG
    DSCN2083.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 39
I also work at a diner where I am a cook and I am in charge when my boss is away. So I stay pretty busy between there and my online business.
Welcome to what some members consider to be the best railroad forum around.
Stop in to the ANPL Cafe and maybe give Mel a few pointers on his cooking.
A lot of very good info here in the different subjects from N scale to garden railways, engines and rolling stock to structures and scenery.
There are some very good modelers here and some, like me, who learn by osmosis, just by being exposed to the pictures and words shared here.

I came across a G scale locomotive that is Brand new in box.
Ok, here is some learning that takes a while to sink in. G is a gauge of track, 45mm specifically, not a scale of trains. Manufacturers have used G-gauge track for scales of 1:20.4 all the way to 1:32nd. Track stays the same but the equipment gets smaller. Personally I use g-gauge track for the 1:20.5 which makes it approximately 3 feet wide narrow gauge. NMRA calls this Fn3 scale. A lot of the Bachmann equipment is this size. I cheat and also use LGB stuff which is mostly 1:22 scale.

I am having a hard time finding out what it is worth and any history on it.
It is an ARISTO CRAFT TRAINS ART-2219S Louisville & Nashville #1616 GE U25B Diesel Locomotive 1:29 scale / G Gauge NIB
The Aristo-Craft company was a family (Polk's) run business started in 1935. The G gauge line was started in 1988 and they did 1:29th scale and called it #1 Gauge. That is the g-gauge track is considered to be standard gauge (which makes it just narrower than the original "2 gauge" would have been). They were one of the few manufacturers that used that scale. They were one of the largest G gauge manufacturers (behind LGB) for a few decades. They went out of business in 2013, I believe because none of the children were interested in taking it over. That seems to happen a lot in this industry. Someone picked up the track line, but I don't know anyone has begun using the other tooling at this time.

The locomotive you have there will was produced from at least 1994 through 2002 and probably longer but I can't prove it. It will probably retail between $240 and $290 depending on how the buyer values the specific paint scheme. I don't know how popular Louisville and Nashville is.

Edit - just saw the other posting. It is not rare!

Last edited:

Back