New "old guy"

G'day Smudge617,

Thanx for your comments.

My inquiry regarding fotos is a bit more involved and I prefer to wait for a Forum response.

When the time is right (for me) a new thread for an appropriate Forum and another for rail travels will be created.

Regarding the "B" - quite frankly, did not realize it was bothersome - however, does make it easier for ME to read!

Cheers!

Tom in Missouri

Last edited:
G'day Smudge617,

Thanx for your comments.

My inquiry regarding fotos is a bit more involved and I prefer to wait for a Forum response.

When the time is right (for me) a new thread for an appropriate Forum and another for rail travels will be created.

Regarding the "B" - quite frankly, did not realize it was bothersome - however, does make it easier for ME to read!

Cheers!

Tom in Missouri
That's fine by me, it was an observation, not a criticism, if I offended it was not intentional and I apologise.

Ahoy Smudge617,

No offense taken - no need for an apology. Always appreciate feedback, yours included, which were constructive.

Take care!

Tom in Missouri

Ahoy Smudge617,

No offense taken - no need for an apology. Always appreciate feedback, yours included, which were constructive.

Take care!

Tom in Missouri
You sir are a fine addition to our forum (yours mine and every member)

That's fine by me, it was an observation, not a criticism, if I offended it was not intentional and I apologise.
And our Smudge... What can I say, he is as good as it gets!

Wow - a sport's fan too! I have spent many a time (and a dime) at Wrigley and the old Chicago Stadium - loved Wrigley cannot say the same about the "old barn." Nevertheless, the rivalries were great and never once had an "ugly" encounter with hometown fans - not once.
Ha! I am the opposite. My first encounter with big time sports was on the streets of St. Louis. I was staying in the Riverfront Plaza (now the City Place), and my office was in the Fur Traders building (now the Hyatt Regency). One afternoon I left the office to go back to the hotel room to "get something" and there was a sea of people swarming toward the south. I finally inquired of someone what was going on, and was informed casually "Oh, baseball game". I had no idea the magnitude of those events until that point in time.

For hobby stores, I don't remember the Mark Twain, which is odd, because it would have been on the way to one I do remember. That was the Train Haus in the Warrenton Mall. Also RIP. sigh.

Ha! I am the opposite. My first encounter with big time sports was on the streets of St. Louis. I was staying in the Riverfront Plaza (now the City Place), and my office was in the Fur Traders building (now the Hyatt Regency). One afternoon I left the office to go back to the hotel room to "get something" and there was a sea of people swarming toward the south. I finally inquired of someone what was going on, and was informed casually "Oh, baseball game". I had no idea the magnitude of those events until that point in time.

For hobby stores, I don't remember the Mark Twain, which is odd, because it would have been on the way to one I do remember. That was the Train Haus in the Warrenton Mall. Also RIP. sigh.
Undoubtedly you occupy a "place" in St.Louis "lore" much less history. To not realize, understand or otherwise "know" of StL love for baseball is akin to thinking the "world" is indeed . . . flat! 😂

As for the Train Haus in Warrenton - been there a few times, but always came away wondering; "Why did I make that drive?" I believe they also folded the tent.

Back to downtown StL: I do not frequent the place . . . long ago relinquished my mini-season ticket plans for the Blues and Cardinals due to serious safety issues. Had my share of "encounters" and opted to watch the games on the tube. Stories for another time.

Regards!

Tom in Chesterfield

Last edited:

Back