New Layout for LASM

I do like the look of the smaller bales even if they are a bit larger than a regular hay bale. The large round bales look great, but I can't use them. Don't really need many. Some can be put like you did at a feed lot or at a farm or on the back of a truck. A nice little touch of detail.

A new pic for those who don't view videos, and a box car (hobo) view of the layout. A lot of real estate packed into 3 minutes! I wonder if anyone can pick out the different bears viewable in three separate scenes?

cabin.jpg

This cabin looks like a nice place to live.

Here is the video which shows pretty much the entire layout:

[video=youtube_share;orUQz042CdI]https://youtu.be/orUQz042CdI[/video]

THANKS for watching!! lasm

Great video Dave, and a really cool perspective from the hobo's point of view. I only saw two bears though, around 1:15 and 2:01.

Willie

The other bear is above the tunnel, on top of the hill, a few seconds before the one standing with his mouth open. It is skylined for about a second or two.

THANKS for the compliment!

I wonder if anyone can pick out the different bears viewable in three separate scenes?

Every year I go on a school field trip with my grandsons to a local fire house where they have an O gauge layout. The most popular feature is always "try to find all of the Santa Clauses" the kids have so much fun doing it.

David, really inspiring video that showcases your excellent work. Thanks for making and posting it. I really liked the backdrop you added (i mentioned this when seeing pictures but in the video it is also great!). All in all, great!

Yannis

Thanks a lot, Yannis! I really like the backdrop as well and think it is my single best investment in the overall railroad.

Well, I decided to add a gravel/aggregate loading bin for the gravel pit area, still working on the pieces but have made a bunch of progress on the bin itself, I used regular typing paper for the iron sheeting and scrap strips of steel for the support, also purchased the steps and railings from Tichy and Plastruct:

This is what I started with:

loading bin 001.jpg

Here I added some steps, railings, and a mechanism for manually opening the chute:

The photo also shows my new Lee Town truck. That is a nice kit, however the wheels look small to me

elevator 003.jpg

It will go on the short spur, where the small elevator is. I also have a large conveyor under construction.

elevator 001.jpg

I will be putting on a coat of spray paint also paint some details, but this is about where it is going:

elevator 004.jpg

Thanks, Chet--I made some more progress on the scene, assembled the conveyor and took out a couple trees, added some ground cover:

Wonder if I should paint the bin black or maybe more the color of the hopper car?

anelev 003.jpg

Thinking about making a small shack for lunch, office, etc; not sure where to put it?

anelev 002.jpg

It looks like over time I could add a crusher and/or shaft into the hill?

anelev 001.jpg

Back