New Layout for LASM

Very nice all around. I have to say you did a nice job placing the backdrop photos so they look proportionately right.

Thanks, Erik; I agree that everything fit together best on that end of the layout. When the foreground of the backdrop is open grassy I think it is easiest to match up with the layout.

Excellent job there Dave, the backdrop really blends with the foreground scenery. I especially liked the dusk scene, very very realistic! Thanks for posting

Thanks, Yannis--as far as the bales go, I found them on ebay then saw the exact product at Hobby Lobby in Duluth. Priced about the same in both cases:

Bales.jpg

I have no need for the round ones, they are newer than my era (my layout is pre 1962, the big bales came in in the 70's, I think.)

FIRST taker gets the big round ones for free, leave your address in a pm. THANKS

Thanks for the info on the hay. I also have no need for the round bales as I like you model an older time period, but I have a few products from JTT and am very happy with them. I'll do a little searching and I'm sure that I can find them.

Hi Gator, got the bales in the mail Saturday! Enjoy! Worked on my Walthers Kit Midtown Oil over the weekend. Decided to order a real light for over the door to really add some detail, in the meantime this is my progress:

contest4.3 018.jpg

Here is where it will be going, on the new cement pad across from the shed. There will be several semi tractors in this area, maybe a couple trailers parked on the end of the blacktop:

contest4.3 017.jpg

Nice little building, it will fit just right on your layout.
Adding a light brings attention to the details.

My brother came over yesterday and saw the building with his name on it and was amaze at the lights on the building, he spend more time looking at the lights...LOL

Here are some pics of my recently completed projects, first a scene of iron works building after adding the people and trailers:

confustion at dock.jpg.jpg

Here is a shot of my freight shed. The midtown oil building is in the background:

freight shed.jpg.jpg

Here is the other view of the iron works buildings, coal tower in background:

contest4.13 004.jpg

Here is the switcher making some moves:

sorting.jpg.jpg

Like the photos Dave. Nice scenes. I found the hay bales on Amazon. I, like you, can't use the large round bales as they are too modern. Anyone interested in them, let me know.

Very nice photos and scenes Dave. In all the pictures, on top of your craftsmanship, the backdrop really pays its dividends in blending very nicely and giving a very realistic tone.

That's an interesting video. The bales look fantastic. The only problem is that I am like Dave modeling an earlier era and large round bales didn't come on the scene until the 70's. Poop. Maybe a video on the smaller bales will appear.

That's an interesting video. The bales look fantastic. The only problem is that I am like Dave modeling an earlier era and large round bales didn't come on the scene until the 70's. Poop. Maybe a video on the smaller bales will appear.

I guess there was an article in MR about making the smaller bales from scratch. The bought ones looked so nice that I didn't bother looking at the article.

Back