kz9's HO Scale Empire.....

It comes in 100' rolls 8'' wide. $13 or something.....

Its used in consrtuction. Comes in different widths and thickness. But it exactly same thickness as WS foam and same denisty.

Any brand name?? ...or store where you get it?? Where is it used in construction??

Your layout is looking good. Did you try to corner the market on those BNSF locos...ha...ha

Wow looking good there! Empire is right! I am soooo jealous of your basement. Down south here we don't have them!!!!!

I got it at Target Building Supply. Its used in flooring, roofing, concrete work, many applications I've seen it used.

I'll try and get you a manufacture next time I'm in there.

Kellan,

You have officially received "Empire" Status. I don't think you're gonna get bored anytime soon.;)

Not much as of late. Been out in my garage doing some fall maintenece on my car.

Got a bunch of goodies in the mail that I put away, and managed to install some decoders.

Put an A6X in this genesis. Slow speed response is so much better then the oem.

IMG_4528.jpg

Just a DH123 in this one.

IMG_4533.jpg

This is that Broadway that is giving me sound problems. Runs great still.

IMG_4530.jpg

Nice Kellan! Those Locos sure have alot of detail.....Have you got any idea of how much locos & rolling stock you've got?...sure looks like alot when you look at all the boxes in the pictures at the back....

The sound just doesn't work. I can hear the speaker ''click'' when its powered up. It doesn't seem to be able to reset the factory decoder ethier. I have a Digitrax DP141(something like that) plugged into it run the motor which works fine when it comes to running and programing.

Got any ideas?

do you mean by click a static pop ? never a good sign, could be a fried decoder or burned speaker, I would try to replace the speaker first.

Kellan, reset it either on the main in ops mode (with all other engines off the layout!) CV 8 to 8 or reset it on the programming track in DIRECT mode (Pd). The older BLI Bluelines do not work in paged mode because the NMRA told them that Direct mode is the way of the future. Starting with the newer runs with the flashing ditch lights, they put back paged mode programming.

If it still doesn't work, contact BLI. They have a very good warranty and repair service.

Thanks guys!

I have been only trying on paged mode. I will try tonight on the others.

Julien, the click is just ever so faint, but I am kinda leaning to the way your thinking....

Got the rest for the track done for the yard and hulett. My rotory Dumper should be here in the next few days, and then I can compelte the rest of the lower level track work. I also need to find or scatch build a coke screening building and loader.

IMG_4537.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

Looks really good there Kellan. The yard came out sweet. And I like the Huelet loader. Does that thing actually mechanically work?

Also, you said you're getting a rotary dumper? From where? Does it really unload and flip the cars?

And how do you control all the switches? Manually or DCC operated?

No that doesn't move. I might just kinda have it "moth-balled" and have some other more modern type of loading cars. All that area behind it is going to be a stock pile yard.

As for the rotory dumper I don't know if the Walthers one actually rotates, but the real ones do...:D

My swtiches on the layout except for the mainline will be hand-thrown. The mainlines will be like a dispatch on DCC.

Back