kz9's HO Scale Empire.....

kz9

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to model railroading, ad loving every minute. I have decided to say hi! and show what I have collected and created in the quick 3months I have been into it.

Now take it easy on me as I know there is lots of wrong on my layout (grades lol), but I find it fun and trains seem to work well on it with out too many derailments. I plan on expanding the main line that goes around the current table, so this is just a small part of it and mostly just short trains, switching and engine services will be around this table, no road trains.

The current table is going to be engine/car repair faciltiy and my aggreate and cement industry. Most of the outside Mainline will be hidden except for the drop bridge span by the run around track at the Wye-junction, and the little grider bridge. I have two 20 car staging tracks at will be hidden aswell.

On the inside, the double track around the side will be hidden. It looks like too much right now and I hope it turns out like I have visioned in my mind.

I'm not really going to say in an era at the moment, but with the 90' turntable, I am kinda stuck with desiels. I'm not going for any single road names or prototypical roadlines.

Well enough with the talking, lets get to the pictures.

Also as I have so much stuff, its all considered for sale/trade. So if you see something you like just ask if its for sale/trade, you never know. Lots of new in box stuff, and Kato Unitrack that I won't use, except for in hidden staging maybe.

Athearn Genesis 4-6-6-4 UP Challenger DCC/Sound

IMG_3310.jpg

The Empire....

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

----------------------------------------
All Brass

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

------------------------------

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

----------------------

The starting of what might be a N-scale Layout???? lol

IMG_3358.jpg

Well I think thats it, I'll update when stuff happens. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap!:eek: Did you buy a few lifetimes worth of train stuff from people getting out of the hobby? It looks like you have three times as much stuff as you could ever use on your layout. It sounds like you're having fun so far though.:) Something tells me that you will adding on to that layout in the near future!

I thought I had a lot of stuff. You beat me 100 times over. At least when I use to have a barn full I built a layout big enough to use everything or almost everything. Now, after all of these years I'm trying to thin out all of my unwanteds or stuff that's been sitting around collecting unwanted dust.

OMG!!!! That is an empire! I'm a newbie too, and I've only been building my new layout for 4 months, and I only have one loco with 9 cars! LOL

How much did you spend over the last 3 months?

btw, I'm interested in buying your Ashland Iron & Steele series, is it still brand new sealed up?

Thank guys. I have got most of my stuff from people getting out of the hobby.

I did purchase all the Ashland Steel new, But sorry that and the the Container Terminal will be the next section of my layout to be constructed, so those are not consider forsale or Trade.....

Well im jealous, ive been in it for about 8 months and only have 4 locomotives and maybe 15 cars! I must admit i got worried when i saw the first few pictures, most newbies rush right into things, get frustrated and go in way over your head, but it appears you have a nice grip on things so very good job! Ill be watching this thread again.

Would you ever consider selling or maybe trading one of the Canadian Pacific AC4400s? I have been looking for awhile for one of them. Im talking about either the one in the roundhouse or outside. If its not an AC4400 thats ok im really just looking for a similar looking unit, so as long as it looks like that type of body style ill be happy! Thanks.

I believe one is a Dash-9 and the other is a AC4400.

If you are looking for just the shell I might have one. I'll post some close ups tonight....

I believe one is a Dash-9 and the other is a AC4400.

If you are looking for just the shell I might have one. I'll post some close ups tonight....

Thanks, however i am looking for a full unit, not just the shell

Have a nice day

Finished the wall where the Helix and Steel Industry are going to be.

IMG_3376.jpg

Started the Ashland Series....

IMG_3417.jpg

Updated Overview Shot.....

IMG_3418.jpg

Also picked up 2 Genesis and 1 Atlas with Dcc and Sound

Soo Line MP-15AC
CSX MP-15AC
Conrail MP-15DC (atlas)

Great units!

I delected every picture of this post :)

its cool to meet people who also model CN/ canadian railways, are you a member of any club ?

I always loved that Walthers Bascule Bridge. Still kicking myself for not getting one while the getting was good on those. You certainly have yourself a nice collection there. Going to need a lot more space then what you already have from the looks of it.

Ya I currently will be building a 2 deck layout where the Drywall is. I am in contract talks with the wife to see if I could install a 2 deck shelf addition in the future rec room (where my workspace is now). :p

kz9 - I'm bookmarking this to show the wife when she complains about how much cr*p I have laying around.;) it's amazing the stuff you can get dirt cheap sometimes.:)

Man those bascule bridges just look too cool. Im so wishing I would have grabbed one back when they were commonly available everywhere.

Got the track work done on it and wiring. I just need to stop and get dpdt switch. So I can operate it at the bridge.

Will post a video later.....

Back