kz9's HO Scale Empire.....

Thats a pretty neat installation for the paint booth, while your wall are still opens, i suggest you install a second circuit for lights, so you could install blue bulbs and you could simulate night on the layout !

I'll be using 2x4 flouresent lights in an accoustical ceiling system (drop ceiling). I will be able to change blubs or lenses for lighting effect.

Kellan

Been awhile, but I'm ready to build and install benchwork again. :)

I have not touched a train other then a couple I bought and tested, they are all in their boxes.:(

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

Well guess what guys..........lol

Its all coming down. :(

I have decided to put my house on the market so I can buy a larger house with a larger area for trains and also a bigger shop for my auto repairs I do on the side.And to get a better showing the layout has to come down so it looks better in the basement.

I will be ditching this track plan for something that is MUCH better.

I have decided to put my house on the market so I can buy a larger house with a larger area for trains and also a bigger shop for my auto repairs I do on the side.And to get a better showing the layout has to come down so it looks better in the basement.

Kellan,

Look at the bright side, its better to have to tear it down now before you added all the scenery. Think of it as a chance to start all over before you got to involved with this one. Hope you find a great new house too!

Looking forward to the "kz9s HO Scale Empire II" thread!!!

-Matt

Oh NO, you're tearing it down? Holy cow. Well at least you'll have a bigger and better layout the next house you buy.

deam... that is some brave decision.

frankly we were thinking to sell our house and go bigger as well, but for now still debating if it is possible. not an easy thing to pull off nor cheap...

good luck!

My current house is a typical 4 year old city cookie cutter and the neigbourhood is turning for the worse. I know I'm going to be moving within this year, so I figured it best to try and get as much I can for it and that means the layout has to come down.

Mind you I still have my paint booth and work bench set up for my engine projects and also the MANY structures I have yet to build, so even if I can't find something right away I can still keep busy.

Also another thing I was thinking of is building a module section for my next layout. Just one of the key areas like the steel mill, Ethonal plant or even the intermodal yard. Just to have one bench work of 3'x8' would be easy to hide in the utility room or garage when the open houses start. This way my basement is nice and open and shows well.

Been there - done that, saaaame thing

FYI, I sold a house (long ago) with a partly done layout and it helped sell the house.

It took up an entire large den. It was just benchwork and track. I offered to take it down (for a fee) or just leave it. He wanted it, saving me the trouble, and possibly preserving my work.

Its kind of funny that I left for the same reason. The neighbor hood was becomming sketchy. I was only there for a year and had remodeled the entire house before giving up on the neighborhood.

Well the enitre layout is now disassembled and I already know what my new layout is going to be.

I think I am going to do a prototypical layout this time starting with CSX's Cumberland yard and Shop. I was thinking that since I have so much CSX power why not model the main repair shop. I've been google maping and imaging this massive complex and I am really pumped about modeling it.

Now the rest of my layout I want to model atleast one interchange between my other railroads and also steel, intermodal, aggregates/cement, grains/ethonal somewhere on there...!

This might be one BIG layout!!!

I'm not going to be able to fit the entire frieght yard, but I do want all the engine faciltiy.

Just wondering as there is a large CSX yard on the south side of town there, and a lot of businesses and the river there is named Cumberland. Plus there is the Cumberland Plateau there as well.

Also lots of nice trackage along the river banks which would be nice to model aswell!

I have a e-mail into CSX to try and get a site map showing measurments so I can scale it down. Just by looking at the ratio between locos to buildings, I will defiently not be able to do excat scale....lol That would be almost my whole basement!

Back