Junker restorations/rehabs

I believe it's a Tyco. Homemade control knobs. His wife had died from brain cancer so I made him a memorial crane.

That turned out vey nice. I think I might try doing a Pennsylvania one with a Model Power crane. Repaint It . And decal it. Randy where did you get the decals for it? Thank you sir. Have a good night. Bob.

Thank you Bob, I like Scalecoat gloss black. The decals came from whatever I had on hand. Sorry I do not remember what brand they were.

Here's a before

8aVt6l0.jpg

and after;

nzsqQN2.jpg

My local HobbyTown (which started here in Lincoln, Ne BTW) has one very small part of one corner devoted to model railroading.
I rarely go down there anymore.

That's pretty much a stock Tyco caboose. The parts for the rebuilds are usually just from the stuff I have accumulated over the years. I do use Tichy pre made grabs a lot as well as their phosphor bronze wire.

I can get you the Tichy part numbers if that is helpful. They just recently had a sale where they offered 25% off a $150 order and gave free shipping. It was a great deal for me. They have a nice catalog. One of the things many do not knw is that they have a very nce selection of decals too. And their products are top notch. The ladders pictured are plastic and from the factory.

Back