Junker restorations/rehabs

rbturner

Randy
7akeBfV[1].jpg

Your box cars look seamless, however I would keep looking for another boom, that NYC work train in the bottom photo looks too nice for the Tyco boom.

By the way, the flamingo is a nice touch.

I have over 200 Freight Cars & 36 Passenger cars & the newest one is from the 80's & all except a few of all 65 of my engines are all reworked clunkers. If I need to I change motors, gears & have replaced a lot of Wheels on Athearn Engines. All my rolling stock has metal wheels & Kadee couplers & all my engines have LED lighting, metal wheels, Kadee couplers & new hand rails when needed. I take to the older engines w/the pancake motors & make Dummies(16) out of all of them w/Metal wheels & Kadee Couplers.

It's sad that so many people just can't understand that for some people turning "trash" into treasure is extremely rewarding!
There are very few things as gratifying as to be able to look at a nice object and say "I MADE that!"
You've done some very nice work there!

It's sad that so many people just can't understand that for some people turning "trash" into treasure is extremely rewarding!
There are very few things as gratifying as to be able to look at a nice object and say "I MADE that!"
You've done some very nice work there!
Reworking model railroad items is no different than refinishing furniture or restoring old cars. Results vary with each project with the skill of the modeler and the intended change in purpose.
Last week, the Steel City Division of the NMRA's SouthEastern Region had a contest to repurpose a boxcar into something other than a boxcar. Several shops, an office and a couple cafes were represented by the contestants.

I saw that project somewhere else on here I think. I have a box with enough SW-7 stuff to make up 3 sets of TR locos. I haven't painted anything thing for 2 years. My wife died then I had a huge spine surgery so the paint projects have been backing up.

Here are some cabooses that I did;

aViVeCL[1].jpg

Back