June 2009 Photo Contest.

Snip!!!
*Anything mentioned in the above post qualifies for this theme. Any type of locomotive with numbers or letters in it's model designation qualify for this theme. All types of railroading activities qualify for this theme too.

Then why, pray tell, is there a theme??? :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for asking Karl!

Snip!!!Then why, pray tell, is there a theme??? :confused::confused::confused:

Anything outlined in my original post qualifies as the theme in the June 2009 Photo Contest. Topics or items not mentioned in my original post won't qualifiy. As an example, members cannot enter photos of drunken cats, ufo's,sunken battleships, elephants on parade, derailed MOW cars, slanted coaling towers or runaway cabooses. The theme started out as "EMD F Units" and was then changed to "Any old F will Do!" in an effort to include as many members of the forums as possible. It's just that simple. :)

Anything outlined in my original post qualifies as the theme in the June 2009 Photo Contest. Topics or items not mentioned in my original post won't qualifiy. As an example, members cannot enter photos of drunken cats, ufo's,sunken battleships, elephants on parade, derailed MOW cars, slanted coaling towers or runaway cabooses. The theme started out as "EMD F Units" and was then changed to "Any old F will Do!" in an effort to include as many members of the forums as possible. It's just that simple. :)

Ya' know Mike, at first I was a little put off by the catagory shift. Especially when I got to the post about any engine with a number on it being included. Sometimes the purist in me gets a little to high falootin for his own good. So I'm not going to post the pictures of my Maryland Midland F-units working a long concrete train. We'll save them for a more serious pursuit! Instead, I'm gonna let the "dark" side of me have a little exposure. :eek:

I'll play along........but just remember...you asked for it!!! :rolleyes::D:p:cool:

Mike, no drunken cats? Even if I paint him in UP colors? Gee, you're a tough guy when you run contests. :D

I'll probably wait until another contest that is for F7's, not "whatever you have". Should be either one or the other, not a mish mash.

I have not expressed an opinion to this point, but I feel that as much as a photo contest should be inclusive, it must also be specific. In as much as it may, by being specific, exclude some participation, that is the nature of photo competitions.

I have sat some out and not complained, nor even made a comment except to say I would be sitting it out. In one case last summer, Jerome kindly saw my circumstances and offered me one of his un-built crane kits. It took some scrambling, but I managed to erect it in one afternoon and present an image. But for Jerome's kindness, I would have been a non-participant.

I think there is nothing wrong with specificity, even if it excludes all those who model almost exclusively steam as I do. I also feel the subject, F-units, to be a good one that is very largely inclusive. In context, that means early diesels, and I have no problem with that. Turns out I can participate, but even if I were not so, there can be no guarantees that all contests will be playable by all registered members of this series of forums.

So far, to our contest host, you have F-units entered. It might be a prudent time, as a gentle suggestion, to nip this in the bud while they are all compliant (at first glance) and state that, once and for all, the theme will be specfic, and solely on, F-unit series of early diesels.

I offer that with full respect and deference. :)

-Crandell

Crandell, very diplomatically put!
If next months category is trolleys or electrics I too will sit it out and vote at the end.
Um... what about CF-7s? :D

So far, to our contest host, you have F-units entered. It might be a prudent time, as a gentle suggestion, to nip this in the bud while they are all compliant (at first glance) and state that, once and for all, the theme will be specfic, and solely on, F-unit series of early diesels.

Thanks for the input Crandell and everyone else who has proffered a thought on the subject. I've already made the change to this month's contest and it wouldn't be right to switch it up again at this point in time, so as I've already stated in a previous post, our policy is one change per contest theme. The switch has been thrown and this train is rolling. Thanks to all for participating in the photo contest and good luck.

I'll probably wait until another contest that is for F7's, not "whatever you have".

Okay Bob. We'll maybe recycle the F7 theme down the road. Sure would be nice if you entered something that meets the theme for this month's contest though.

Wow, some very nice stuff, and lots of entries! Looks like I'll have to rely on the "sob story" to pull this one off! :)

How do I add a photo to the contest?

Click on "photo gallery" above then scroll down to the month you want.
I usually have to re login (upper right of screen) then upload photos appears in same area.
I always forget every month too!

When are we gonna get a chance to vote for last month? After all, it is the 4th of July weekend. We still have the right to vote,,,,,,,,,don't we??

Back