Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thanks Tony,
Where have you been? been a while, hope everything is alright?

It has been and everything is okay thanks, I've just been busy with other things that have taken my attention away from the hobby for the moment. I'm really hoping to have some "decent time" to get back into it again in the near future though.

Hey everyone,

If anyone is interested, I've been invited to share my layout on YouTube Model Builders Live on Saturday November 19th at 9pm central or 10pm eastern.
Since it's live, you can ask questions. The live show takes place at YouTube Model Builders. Hope to see some of you there.

https://youtu.be/Hzr5h1_vxa4

It has been and everything is okay thanks, I've just been busy with other things that have taken my attention away from the hobby for the moment. I'm really hoping to have some "decent time" to get back into it again in the near future though.

I was wondering why you had been so quiet. Good to know things are alright. I always look forward to your insight and thoughts Tony.

Interesting, the page on youtube shows up but I'm 20 minutes late. Wonder if it's possible to view it when it's on from here?

I really wanted to see it last night, but I simply could not stay conscious. It had been a long day.

Can we assume it will be available to view later? It's not up for viewing right now.

I'm a bit concerned that with this live streaming, I might only get a watered down version after floating around in the Pacific Ocean and get salt in the eyes.

I can get it guys. Click over on the upper right on the picture on YouTube (not the "X") and it comes up. At least for me.

Willie

I enjoyed that LLoyd , watching the mouse go over the drawing really made clear to me all the videos I have watched about your layout.

Almost a month, so time for another update.

Work as been started on the last part of the layout, roadbed has started and a bit of scenery.

Picture 1 & 2
Framework for a wall which will separate the layout from my workbench and the dispatcher.

1588533731540.png

1588533747996.png

Picture 3
I build this little trolley for my desktop so I can bring it wherever I'm working.

1588533764307.png

Picture 4
This is my gorge which is work in progress. I want falls on either side which will meet at the bottom in a lake.

1588533776671.png

Picture 5 & 6

This is a shale cliff. I made it with ceiling tiles.

1588533791119.png

1588533809413.png

Picture 7 & 8
Started on the roadbed of the staging area. Easy when you have nothing on top, but having to install it under your main level is not recommended. I never knew I could bend in so many ways.

1588533819928.png

1588533832750.png

Well, that's it for now. Before year end, I would like my staging area to be finish, which would include the tortoises and all the wiring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back