Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Back working on the layout, ....... not really, I should of said fixing.
I have 2 section of track to remove and replace.
One has 1/8" of missing track causing derailment, I thought it would be no problem, but was hugely wrong. Supposedly we learn from our mistakes.
The other is a section I have to remove near the covered bridge because at the exit it goes into a small curve which makes longer cars hit or get stuck in the bridge, again, we learn from our mistakes.
Boy i hate mistakes.

Oh well, in the mean time, I decided to take some pictures of trains on the layout, no not from my mistakes, too ashamed....lol

View attachment 177770
Impressive, rolling stock has super detail, the sky backscene totally works,the foreground conifer is very nice indeed, as a tree modeller I love it,nice metal finish on the tracks, nice static grass, ballast looks like you followed go down a guage the cp rail bogie is very clean but the rolling stock to the far right looks suitably dirty, like you rock face will need to go look if you show how you did it,
super modelling excellent attention to detail, love it.

Impressive, rolling stock has super detail, the sky backscene totally works,the foreground conifer is very nice indeed, as a tree modeller I love it,nice metal finish on the tracks, nice static grass, ballast looks like you followed go down a guage the cp rail bogie is very clean but the rolling stock to the far right looks suitably dirty, like you rock face will need to go look if you show how you did it,
super modelling excellent attention to detail, love it.
Nice. match with the twigs to the backscene, nice static grass, good use of real plants, excellent rocks again and adore the water feature..l.
as I go back will just add emotes, but have to say seriously impressed.
Thank you so much Jaz
Sorry, I don't show how I did the rock face.
Show me the picture and I'll try and do a description of how I did it.

Lloyd

I had a few minutes to waste, so I've been testing roads for a clinic.
Wasn't to satisfied with my first try of having a cobblestone with track covered with asphalt, so I redid it.
Second time around was much better and I'm sure if I was to do another, it would be better, but I'm very satisfied with this outcome.

IMG_1155.JPG

I had a few minutes to waste, so I've been testing roads for a clinic.
Wasn't to satisfied with my first try of having a cobblestone with track covered with asphalt, so I redid it.
Second time around was much better and I'm sure if I was to do another, it would be better, but I'm very satisfied with this outcome.

View attachment 182496
I have only one issue, the old railway track, a dock or such? Would have been tarmaced after a time of disuse, so if the tarmac gets broken up by cold weather and heavy traffic one would expect those tracks to be pretty rusty,
that said, the detail and effort you have put in are otherwise spot on, perhaps some dirt build up around the broken tarmac, as wind and rain push in dust etc…..

love the leaves, the grass, a puddle would be nice, (if not water modelling glue, investigate PVA glue on a seperate piece, or some varnish.

FYI I took the time to criticise, because you go the extra mile and are worth the effort to do so.
I could add examples from my own work BUT this is your great thread, and I have already seen great ideas here.

I have only one issue, the old railway track, a dock or such? Would have been tarmaced after a time of disuse, so if the tarmac gets broken up by cold weather and heavy traffic one would expect those tracks to be pretty rusty,
that said, the detail and effort you have put in are otherwise spot on, perhaps some dirt build up around the broken tarmac, as wind and rain push in dust etc…..

love the leaves, the grass, a puddle would be nice, (if not water modelling glue, investigate PVA glue on a seperate piece, or some varnish.

FYI I took the time to criticise, because you go the extra mile and are worth the effort to do so.
I could add examples from my own work BUT this is your great thread, and I have already seen great ideas here.
Thanks Jaz,
After I took the picture, I did rust the rails and added grime.

Back