Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

It will also be the programmable track and testing track. At the other end of the bench work, (with time) it will be a dispatcher's corner (computer corner).
I always like a direct route from the work bench to the layout. Any time one must pick up a piece of equipment it is in danger of getting broken / warped / etc.

The helix looks really good LLoyd . The train runs very smoothly both forward and backward. On a different note , 2 days ago Trainworld had some Atlas gold DCC w/ sound RS-3's decorated for the Canadian pacific .

Thanks for the heads up Jim, but I do have an RS-3 but from Bachman
I always show the same locomotive but I do have 24 more CP's which are still in their boxes
Hope to make a video of all of them in the very near future

Lloyd - Looks like you have been busy. The helix looks really good and seems to run flawlessly. That's good as it will minimize those trips under the 24" lower level if/when something doesn't act good. I too like the direct track to the workbench and I have always incorporated one in my layouts.

Willie

Hey everyone'

Been busy with my helix. I can say that the the construction is done and the only thing left is the wiring. I've put sidings to prevent trains to fall off. I had a test run on both track, forward and backwards at slow and fast speed and it's been a success.

IMG_1758.JPG

This view, the train will be going or coming to/from Montreal (staging)

IMG_1757.JPG

This view, the train will be going or coming to/from Ottawa (staging)

IMG_1756.JPG

I started working on the frame work for the beginning of the Hawkesbury yard

IMG_1759.JPG

Beginning to look a lot like..................... a huge layout

Any questions or comments are welcome

Later

Last edited:
I started working on the frame work for the beginning of the Hawkesbury yard
Beginning to look a lot like..................... a huge layout
Those yard tracks look like they are 4" - 5" apart. Are they really spaced that far or is it some sort of optical illusion or angle on the photo?

Thanks everyone

Yes Dave, it's quite an undertaking, hope to have all my tracks installed by the end of the year. I still have to build the rest of the layout which is about 20' by 15' with 2 levels.

Those yard tracks look like they are 4" - 5" apart. Are they really spaced that far or is it some sort of optical illusion or angle on the photo?

Definitely an optical illusion, they're 2.5" center to center

Hey everyone,

Still busy working on the layout. In this picture you can see I started working on the framework of the staging area at the 24" level.

1588531207044.png

Now that the helix is almost finished (wiring still not done), I've been working on the peninsula framework. You can also see the depth of the layout which is about 42 feet in the next 2 pictures.

1588531221159.png

1588531238565.png

Here, I started working on laying tracks in the Hawkesbury yard. You can also see on the walls, 2 pieces that are attached which will support my brewery industry. The area for the brewery is about 7' by 7', it's going to be HUGE.

1588531257552.png

I continue working on buildings for the industries. Here you can see a refinery area and a propane area. Much more to come for those 2 industries

1588531271709.png

That's it for now
Comments and questions are welcome
Later

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Lloyd , when it is finished it will be one for the magazines , I am sure . It looks like you are making the most of all the room you have ( yes I am jealous!!! ) When track work is complete how much mainline do you figure you will have ?

Hawke,

I am STILL amazed by your layout and it really will be one for the mags. I am a little surprised though, only 170' of mainline track, it looks a whole lot bigger than that. Mind you, 170' is a darn lot of track.

Thanks Tony,

170' is the run of the main line, but I have just a bit more than 1,000 feet of tracks
As for the mags, maybe in 5-7 years...lol

PS. Really nice to see you back

Lloyd, very nice and super tidy work!!! This photos are a great inspiration for my next permanent layout.

Apologies if what i ask was mentioned earlier, but the vertical posts that go from the floor all the way up to supporting the valance, what are their dimensions (width - depth). Is it pine?

Very nice work again and thanks for posting it.

Lloyd - Nice progress on the layout. I can't believe that you only started 9 or 10 months ago. For me, benchwork, wiring, track and ballast go rather quickly; scenery takes me forever!

Willie

Back