Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
By Trussrod:

Well give them a couple of attaboys to take to the bank. I've heard that most of them have the paperboy cash their paychecks!:eek:

Things are pretty sparse around the C&S West for sure. Just feeding the crew and their families gets to be a challenge. :eek:

We might have some of them there Broake & Howe boys running around down here. Folks been complaining about their cows being tipped and cars being tossed up onto firewood stacks.

Time for me to call it a night. I had to change the dressing on my foot three times today. It's been bleeding like a stuck pig. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010899.jpg

So what's all the noise about complaining about high prices anyway??

I've offered to give you guys some really good deals on the products I have available and can most generally beat anybodies price too and I don't mean just by $.25 to $.50 either unless it's an extremely competitive item.

I don't have access to anything Walthers sells but do have many other name brand items.

All I can do is to offer my services to you guys, you holler about high prices yet over look savings that are readily available to you. Why not start saving some money by dealing with me?

Just let me know the item/s your interested in and I'll let you know what I can do for you.

Talk with you soon,

David Smith,
All my contact info is below.
Hello David, I just now was on your site and for some reason, when I click to see your N scale locos, cars, or any link in the menu....the page blinks but stays the same....can't get to any other page. I'm sure it's just a temporary glitch....maybe you're doing maintenance at the moment. I'll keep trying and when it works I will memorize everything on it. Thanks for making me aware of it....which is progess in itself (when someone can make me aware of anything new....because I am dense in the head :p).

Mike

Hello David, I just now was on your site and for some reason, when I click to see your N scale locos, cars, or any link in the menu....the page blinks but stays the same....can't get to any other page. I'm sure it's just a temporary glitch....maybe you're doing maintenance at the moment. I'll keep trying and when it works I will memorize everything on it. Thanks for making me aware of it....which is progess in itself (when someone can make me aware of anything new....because I am dense in the head :p).

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks but I haven't loaded any product on the site due to a problem. That being in using that site I'm expected to go through either a Google or Amazon checkout even when the item is one that I make myself and I don't see why I should have to pay anyone else to sell the product or ship it that would be direct from my location or have it drop shipped from my supplier to the purchaser.

So hence, there are no product listings or pricing. Also to maintain a web site seems more than I care to attempt being a sole proprietor.

The basic site just list the various suppliers of equipment I have available. Just take note there are no symbols in front of a listing as generally they are mfg's I'm going to try and get set-up with that my current supplier doesn't deal with. Of course sometimes that easier said than done.

Just send an email to my foothill station address with the items your looking for so I can price them out for you so you'll save some expense.

Good Morning

Got dem ol' clouds back with the ever popular showers and those ol' t'underin'boomers for today...tomorrow...Wednesday....et cetera....:(

Getting some groceries today and some more pink/blue stuff for the layout..as I continue to rework certain areas...:rolleyes:

We ordered the wood for the new back deck...all redwood with pressurized posts as well...going to be something a little different here...:eek::)

Have a good day!!:):)

Good morning All! Thanks for the picture Bill. Reminded me of those ex-Broake & Howe employees that are running amuck on other folks model railroads. We've got 57°F and rain here.

Good morning. Well I guess that's open to debate. It's 73° and mostly cloudy. The high will be 88° and partly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Well last night I got the bleeding problem with my foot taken care of but another problem cropped up. My diverticulitis has flared up again and my chances of getting a good nights sleep went down the crapper quite literally. More than half the night was spent on the throne and I got no sleep whatsoever. In most cases people with this have pain and swelling on the right side of the colon, some have it on the left side. I'm one of the unfortunate few who has it on BOTH sides. I have to take medication for it every day, not just when it flares up. The meds are supposed to limit the severity of it. Much of today will be spent not far from the bathroom. In addition to the loose stool it also causes lots of gas and bloating. I really hate it. If it follows it's usual course in a few days I'll probably be constipated. So the regimen for today is going to be drinking lots of water as I'm already somewhat dehydrated. I'm nauseous but haven't had any vomiting. I rarely do in these cases. That's probably the rest of the week ruined but maybe I'll get lucky and it'll pass in a couple of days. No layout work today obviously. I hope I don't have to go anywhere.

P1010582.jpg

Good morning. Well I guess that's open to debate. It's 73° and mostly cloudy. The high will be 88° and partly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

That's probably the rest of the week ruined but maybe I'll get lucky and it'll pass in a couple of days. No layout work today obviously. I hope I don't have to go anywhere.
I'll keep you in my prayers Jeffrey. I and I'm sure others appreciate your kind spirit in the face of your difficulties. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon.

Seeing your AC unit in the picture reminds me the management at my apartment complex is supposed to install me a brand new GE zoneline heater/AC hopefully this week when it arrives. Luckily weather temps are cooler this week. Last week in the near 90* heat I fired up this 30 year old unit and the last bits of freon had finally escaped over the winter. The new ones are whisper quiet, computer controlled with a digital display, use less electricity, and have personal sympathy companion nanny system...:confused:....which I may make use of with my weak lower back. :p

Mike

I'll keep you in my prayers Jeffrey. I and I'm sure others appreciate your kind spirit in the face of your difficulties. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon.
I believe it's essential to keep a good positive attitude. Sure I could let my situation get me down and take it out on everyone else but that's not helping anybody. By keeping positive and doing as much as I can with the very little that I have and the little use I have of my hands I can show what a disabled person can do and serve as an inspiration to others. If I can do something they can too.

Good Afternoon...

Well, it started doing the rain thing here this morning..been raining ever since...

Have some people coming around tomorrow to do some operation stuff with the layout..and see, if it is permitted that is, if it will run OK...

I didst do this falling out'n the shower thing earlier today...went to step out of the shower, caught said edge of shower...pooof...down I went. Luckily my head took the fall..so nothing of importance was damaged....:eek::rolleyes:

Jeff: Take care....

Haven't gotten much done today other than having my father send off a package for me. It's just been too painful to move around much so most of the day has been spent watching TV. I did manage to get about an hours worth of sleep earlier. I hope to get more tonight.

P1010470.jpg

Well last night I got the bleeding problem with my foot taken care of but another problem cropped up. My diverticulitis has flared up again and my chances of getting a good nights sleep went down the crapper quite literally. More than half the night was spent on the throne and I got no sleep whatsoever. In most cases people with this have pain and swelling on the right side of the colon, some have it on the left side. I'm one of the unfortunate few who has it on BOTH sides. I have to take medication for it every day, not just when it flares up. The meds are supposed to limit the severity of it. Much of today will be spent not far from the bathroom. In addition to the loose stool it also causes lots of gas and bloating. I really hate it. If it follows it's usual course in a few days I'll probably be constipated. So the regimen for today is going to be drinking lots of water as I'm already somewhat dehydrated. I'm nauseous but haven't had any vomiting. I rarely do in these cases. That's probably the rest of the week ruined but maybe I'll get lucky and it'll pass in a couple of days. No layout work today obviously. I hope I don't have to go anywhere.

P1010582.jpg

Say Jeff old friend,
Blue berries are excellent to cure intestinal problems, even the frozen kind! Also try to eat enough ruffage such as whole grain bread, salads and fruit.

Glad you got the bleeding stopped in your foot.

Good morning All! Thanks for the picture Bill. Reminded me of those ex-Broake & Howe employees that are running amuck on other folks model railroads. We've got 57°F and rain here.

Say Mike,
Speaking of the ex-Broake & Howe guys running amuck on other folk's layouts, look what I just discovered! :eek: I just installed that whistle last night and thought I had it tightened down pretty good too. Anyway I get over to where I parked the little Dockside last night after shuffling a few cars around only to find this character, I'll call him bull for obvious reasons, standing there peeing on it in an attempt to send a message it would seem? He looks like a fairly tough customer alright and was wondering if he looked familiar to you like one of your ex-employees?

I think if you look close toward the bottom of the steam dome you can see the hole it was fitted into. I sure don't want to tangle with his kind nor can I stand this kind of abuse to the equipment. If you know him let me know, ok?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning

Periods of rain followed by some periods of sun this afternoon..high of 70F expected....

Today is going to be housecleaning day for the operating session tonight...everything, trackwise, seems to be running OK, for now.....We'll see what transpires tonight....:rolleyes:

My little toe is all technicolour this morning..probs busted it...may need to get it checked out...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back