Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from central ohio where it's wet, 62* and 72* later on. In this town of roughly 16,000 pop. there are about five main two lane roads coming in from all directions. But it's the only place I've ever lived that has no four lane highway going through it. The closest one is five miles north of town where route 13 goes from two to four lanes. Last Friday was the start of the warmer months tradition of the First Fridays series of downtown block parties on the first friday of each month from may to october. The town square roundabout and main street is barricaded, the streets become an outdoor mall with tents, food vendors, bands and a great hotrod and car show. All the tattooed hobbits come out of the surrounding woods and hills for a little party party....here in MV,OH. (knox county)

Say Mike,
He looks like a fairly tough customer alright and was wondering if he looked familiar to you like one of your ex-employees?

Yeah, that's not one of our guys David. He must be one of those Atlas forums refugees. :eek: :p But seriously, please refrain from posting pictures with that type of content, as this is a family orientated site. :)

Good morning from Fulton county, IL. It's 66 now and going to a mostly sunny 73. Some of the corn is 6" or so high now and going to start shooting up after getting some badly needed rain. The farmers should be happy for a while.

I'm still here, just feeling like crap today.

P1010303.jpg

Yeah, that's not one of our guys David. He must be one of those Atlas forums refugees. :eek: :p But seriously, please refrain from posting pictures with that type of content, as this is a family orientated site. :)

Say Mike,
And here I thought Old Bull was surely one of your ex-guys as I don't recognize him! :confused:

I know that the destruction of company property is frowned upon but didn't expect it would be taken that seriously, :rolleyes:

My father found an antique in my mailbox today. What appears to be a 70's era Athearn GP35 with the power and drive line intact. It has what looks like the original black ring magnet motor with steel flywheels, spline drive shafts and brass worms, plastic gear towers with sintered wheels. I've test run it and it runs quite well. It has that signature Athearn coffee grinder growl that us Athearn old hats know so well. My intent is to convert it to DCC but I'll have to change out the motor first. Those old black motors take too much power.

P1010900.jpg

P1010905.jpg

Good afternoon,

It's Sunny & warm here in Central Cal, I'm working on placing an order for some customers and myself so I need to get back to it.

Have a good day on your RR line.

Got the motor in the GP35 changed out. It now has a motor from a Proto 2000 FA1. I wanted to reuse the flywheels from the old ring magnet motor but the Proto motor has a smaller diameter shaft. That left me with a longer shaft run so I had to cobble together a pair of shafts from junk box bits. I just test ran it on address 00 and it runs just fine. Still has a bit of a growl from the gears.

P1010906.jpg

Morning all from Ye Olde London Towne. Its been a while but I'm still here. Usually sitting quietly in the corner of the coffee shop watching the world go by.

Another cool wet day here. 12c or about 54f. We're in the middle of the wettest drought on record. :D. Annual rainfall is down by around half but most of that has arrived in the past 2 weeks. 5" of accumulated, almost constant drizzle. I think I may have seen the sun yesterday but I'm not sure if I remember what it looks like, and it could have been an illusion. I may be showing the first signs of rusting. :mad:

Starting to gear up for the Olympics. Number 1 son is waiting to hear about his security vetting to work at the games. I'm lucky to be able to work from home most of the time, so I'll be avoiding the crowds. The original plan was to get the heck out of town for the whole thing but the bank account said "no".

Modelling is going slowly as usual. I've finally got about 2/3 of the module frames assembled for the layout. I've got 10 days off starting on Fri, so I hope to get caught up. Only 17 months until its scheduled to appear at an exhibition. Pics to follow eventually.

Where ever you are, and what ever you are doing, have a great day!

Good morning. It's cloudy and 65.
Bill, the men in that photo look decidedly unhappy.

Morning all. Hi Flo. Just wanted to stop by and say Hello. Also to say today is my 45th Birthday. That's right,the big 45:eek:. Getting close to Fifty,man that's a crazy thought. No big plans for today,other than go to work,come home and go to dinner. Maybe Mexican:cool:. Any way,ya'll have a good day. William.

Good morning, everyone! Happy birthday to you, William, you pup!:p

By Bill Tidler Jr.:

COTIDLER_BRIDGEGANG1945.png

Is this a picture of the infamous malcontents of the Broake and Howe RR?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back