Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday William.

Good morning. It's 69° and mostly cloudy. The high will be 82° and there's a 20% chance of rain.

No particular plans for today. I have to run a couple of errands for my father later. For now I have to go and prepare my mothers breakfast.

DSCN0656.jpg

It's a beautiful morning.....I think I'll go oustide and just smile.....awhile. 63* and partly sunny now with 69* being the presumed high temp for the day. Lurching around smoothly inside my sprawling asian themed bungalow with my coffee this morning, admiring my prized large collection of miniature hand carved jade boxcars from the ming dynasty. :)

the
other
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all. Hi Flo. Just wanted to stop by and say Hello. Also to say today is my 45th Birthday. That's right,the big 45:eek:. Getting close to Fifty,man that's a crazy thought. No big plans for today,other than go to work,come home and go to dinner. Maybe Mexican:cool:. Any way,ya'll have a good day. William.

Holy crap! The time she sure do slip away. Had my 57th last week. Happy Birthday William!

Evening all. Thanks for the birthday greetings,guys. THANK YOU:):cool:. What is really amazing about turning 45 today is,that six years ago,I wasn't sure I 'd see 40,let alone 45. The reason for that is, I was looking down the barrel of a possible stroke or heart attack,or both.:eek:. In '06' I was 350 pounds,and had very high blood pressure. So I can truly say I am blessed to still be around. Y'all have a good night,and again,Thank You. William.

Happy Birthday, William!

I know you have done a good job losing weight. Hope you are keeping it off. Wish I could lose as much as you did!

Glenn

Finally got around to changing the oil in the van today. I can tell when it needs it. The light tapping of some of the valves starts sounding like castanets. Let it go for a few more weeks and it could probably stay in tune for the Mexican Hat Dance. A five quart bottle of Pennzoil 10-W30, a filter and a couple cans of Restore USA Engine Restorer and it's happy as a clam and running quiet again. When I first got the van I tried 10-W40 in it thinking that it would be better for an older engine. The dang thing would never stop clattering. Drained that out and replaced it with 10-W30 and the difference was night and day. All that clatter reminded me of some old BN U-boats that came through town many years ago, years before it became BNSF. You could hear those things clattering seven blocks away! The way they looked they were probably headed for a scrap line.

Finally got around to changing the oil in the van today. I can tell when it needs it. The light tapping of some of the valves starts sounding like castanets.
Hey Jeffrey, I'm an oil changer too on my 1997 tacoma extcab V6 4WD...but only once a year now. Don't drive alot of miles. Bought new 15 years ago. Always used mobil-1 10w30. 141,000 miles. With 4 cams, 24 valves, three rubber belts plus rubber cam belt, is fairly quiet motor considering. Original muffler has split seam and big hole so wrapped it with a $7 piece of galvanized sheet metal and hose clamps from Lowes and quiet as new. Runs better than new. People want to buy it....holding out for $10G's. Has only tiny specks of rust. Passed recent frame rust inspection at toy dealer then they corrosion proofed it for free.

Time for me to call it a night. After wrapping up my outdoor activities earlier I found to my dismay that I was leaving bloody boot prints on the carpet - again. Seems that while I was either getting down on my back or struggling back to a standing position during the oil change on my van I ripped open the edges of the wound on what's left of my right ankle. The dressing was completely soaked so I had to cut it off then clean the area with alcohol soaked gauze pad. I got the bleeding stopped OK and put on a new dressing. It's getting to where it's getting hard to move around without this happening. Oh well, life goes on. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN2322.jpg

Are you going to go? My 40th is next year and I haven't decided. At least I'm in the same general area so there's no travel.
I just may go...there are some guys I knew back then that were pretty close.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning

Partly sunny today with a high near 60F forecast...:D

Got some things done earlier this morning...actually sat down and started recording some tracks on to my DAW here...:rolleyes:

Going to spend the next couple of hours doing the coffee and brekky thing...I like my morning coffee sessions....:eek::):)

prayers to those in need....

Have a good day!!!

We got it all!

Morning gang! Could I get the number 3 Flo? Please. With extra homefries?
Just read through the previous posts and I realized we've got it all here in the forums! Oil changes, birthdays,weight loss,noisy motors, bandages,flying time, high school reunions, painted windows, painted windows that open, muffler patches, noisy GE U-Boats and of course, model railroading! Yep. I love this place! Best wishes to all, hang tough Jeffrey. :)

Good morning. It's 73° and sunny. The high will be 85° and it'll be partly cloudy.

Nothing much going on today. I plan on mowing my parents yard either today or tomorrow. I want to give the wound on my foot a chance to heal a bit so I'm leaning toward tomorrow. Also I'm a bit bit more shaky today than usual so it's probably best to stay away from any type of vehicle today. That also puts the brakes on most model work. Perhaps a day of watching movies is in order.

P1010916.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back