Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 73° and cloudy. The high will be 88° and it'll be partly cloudy.

Well in a little while I'll go check on my mother and see if she needs anything. Later I'll be seeing how some structures look in the area recently vacated by the Shell Service Center. That structure will soon be on it's way north to a new home in Iowa.

P1010122.jpg

Good Morning

Sunny and a high near 66F today...a lot less stick and gum as well....:)

We did an early morning yard sale hunt and found nothing of interest...although I didst bespy a layout in a garage near here..still being worked on...:rolleyes:

We had an interesting evening here...a good 4 hour operating session with 6 operators and NO INCIDENTS at all!!!....yes!!!:eek::D:D

And, we are still working on our house..now we need to work on a new back deck:eek:...sigh:(..which means a continuation on the next to no $$$$ for mrr stuff:mad::mad:

Have a good day!!:)

Good morning from Hooterville USA. Uncle Joe's lumbago is acting up, Sam Drucker is busy loading an order of feed and seed for Mister Douglas over at the general store....and Arnold Ziffel went fishing in the cement pond. :)

Mike

Evening guys how ya'll on this fine day

Hey Jeffrey can i borrow your telescope to see my poverty line, gotta be up there somewhere.

Nothing much happening apart from the local authority have decided my services as the museum housekeeper can be dispensed with,,, but i can re apply for my own job, the department is having a change round and some other department takes over my job so i have to re apply for it which really stinks big time, new contract means back to the bottom of the pay ladder, well wup diddly do thanks for the hard work then. But on the plus side next week i get promoted to be officer in charge of the fire engine :) .

I'm currently hand rearing 2 baby Lovebirds, they are 3 weeks old now and by 12 weeks should be ready for the new owners.

Got my Walthers Flyer in the mail today. I was just glancing through it when I came across the new SD9's. They look really good but at $189.98 for standard DC ($289.98 for DCC/Sound) I won't be buying one anything soon nor anytime in the foreseeable future. The manufacturers must think we all have money falling out our butts.

Got my Walthers Flyer in the mail today. I was just glancing through it when I came across the new SD9's. They look really good but at $189.98 for standard DC ($289.98 for DCC/Sound) I won't be buying one anything soon nor anytime in the foreseeable future. The manufacturers must think we all have money falling out our butts.

Oh but they do Jeffrey!
It always amazes me how overpriced stuff is in the Walthers flier. Wait a couple months, and get the same thing on fleabay for a lot less. If I find something there that I just gotta have, I will let my LHS get it for me, he still beats the Walthers prices for me!:D

A local hobby shop guy in a town north of here told me the Walthers N & Z catalog was the bible of N scale train stuff.....and the publication itself claims to be a reference book on the front cover. I suppose one could possibly refer to it. So I bought one for at least $15. None of the locomotive brands I was interested in are in there. IMHO....it's an ok but overpriced catalog of walthers favorite vendors.....far far from complete. Their scenery lines have the best coverage it would seem. Actually ordering from this book at those prices would be only for the indiscriminately wealthy. They do make some good models though...I have a couple of Walthers C&GW smooth side baggage cars that are real nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for me to call it a night. Had two characters pop in on me unexpectedly. Tiredness and exhaustion. Time to go see what my pillow is doing. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010897.jpg

Good Aftrernoon Guys,
It's sunny but cool in the foothills,

I've been kept busy trying to adapt some of the Kadee couplers I have to work on the Little 98 Dockside. Two problems I have are that I used a Rivarossi frame & drive gear from a little shifter. Everything fit just fine except that the front coupler evidently requires a Medium Under Set Shank [USS] for the front which I don't have as well as a long USS for the rear and maybe more as the rear was set up for a Drawbar and may require some other type of attachment such as their Extended Swing Gear box? I wasn't expecting all this difficulty but I never had any AHM/Rivarossi Loco's before either.

Well anyway, after the guys at the C&S West repair shop got through rebuilding the old wreck, that it sure seems as though some of the disgruntled Ex-Broake & Howe guys really abused, it's looking and running great! I still can't get it to creep but it's starting to getting fairly close.

I think they did a Bang-Up-Job! What do you think?

restorationCorrEnhBkgrnd-Reszd904x603jpg-1DSCF5495.jpg

Here what they had to start with:

BODocksideEnhancedBackgrnd-Reszd904x603JpgDSCF5500.jpg

Have a good day!

Looks great David! Thanks for tossing the ex-Broake & Howe guys into the post. Word has reached my layout of their notoriety. Some of the little folks think those guys are famous!

So what's all the noise about complaining about high prices anyway??

I've offered to give you guys some really good deals on the products I have available and can most generally beat anybodies price too and I don't mean just by $.25 to $.50 either unless it's an extremely competitive item.

I don't have access to anything Walthers sells but do have many other name brand items.

All I can do is to offer my services to you guys, you holler about high prices yet over look savings that are readily available to you. Why not start saving some money by dealing with me?

Just let me know the item/s your interested in and I'll let you know what I can do for you.

Talk with you soon,

David Smith,
All my contact info is below.

Looks great David! Thanks for tossing the ex-Broake & Howe guys into the post. Word has reached my layout of their notoriety. Some of the little folks think those guys are famous!

Say Mike
Thanks for the compliment too, it's appreciated.
Do you by chance know what color scheme the B&O had for these Docksides?
I have a B&W picture of the real loco but I can't determine if the window were a different color or not? I did a cursory search on the web that turned up empty?

Your welcome of course for the plug, hope you really meant it?

Ya, I'm sure some of the little folk tend to get rather swell headed over the notoriety for sure! Well, if the truth be known, I also have a few rowdy Ex-C&S West guys too so it isn't totally correct to point out just your guys. It's just that this is the first really decent little Dockside I've had.

If you come across anything on color schemes, let me know, ok?

Talk with you later.
David

Say, your sure either up late, like I often am, burning the early morning hours as I didn't expect to hear from you till later today. But always good talking with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning

We are having a mix of sun/cloud with the ever popular chance of showers:rolleyes:

Today is a relaxing day of train stuff and cuddling the little Spring..who is demanding attention now lol!:D:D

Good morning from the proposed 51st state of Forgottonia! Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgottonia for a little info on how politics can affect a region and the effects on railroad mergers and passenger service as a result.

Sad times this morning as our son, daughter-in-law and "granddog" left to return to their home in Texas.

So what's all the noise about complaining about high prices anyway??

Complaining no, just pointing out that Walthers prices out of the fliers is ridiculous!

Just let me know the item/s your interested in and I'll let you know what I can do for you.

Talk with you soon,

David Smith,
All my contact info is below.

I know David, its just that I am blessed with a fabulous LHS that destroys Walthers pricing everyday! :D And non-Walthers stuff too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back