A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

One from the train room

IMG_2069.jpg

Like I said. Well done and congratulations.
Wayne

Thanks Wayne.

Great job Eric!
Loving the black ceiling too, might just do mine like that.

Rico the black ceiling was "daring" in Both the train room and Media room. I really did not like the black drop in the media room until I put the lights in , that brought it all together. I really like the flat black I sprayed in the train room. That gave that room a "Train Depot" look

Very nice photos Eric. That should be quite the layout and a peanut gallery for observers. Well done.

Eric,

Have just browsed through your entire post and wow, what a lot of work and top notch work at that! How far along are you with the track work? Sorry if this has been answered and I missed it.

Eric,

Have just browsed through your entire post and wow, what a lot of work and top notch work at that! How far along are you with the track work? Sorry if this has been answered and I missed it.

No problem. If you look on page 21-23 you can see where I am at. I still yet to complete the "Main Loop" , had to stop to get the rest of the basement done plus other projects. We just moved in this house last August and there has been a lot of construction going on. This is our last house and we wanted to put everything we wanted into this one. My family right now is in Florida and with rain predicted this weekend I think I may work on the layout. :p I don't want to rush things on this one just to get it done, I really want to make it nice. My plans are to have the " Mains" completed by September and then start on scenery. I will add spurs when I decide where all the buildings will go. The roundhouse area has to be built too so that will be one the projects before the scenery. I have to get it ready for a few of my buddies to come over and enjoy the bar, I mean trains. :eek:

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...37885-A-sad-day-for-my-Central-Midland-Layout - This is where this all started. This was my old layout that I basically just had to trash.

Thanks for all the comments

Eric

Update 8-24-2016

I am really excited to get back to working on the layout. I have really laid some track down in fact so much that I only have one turn left on the upper loop before I can make a complete test run of the mains. The last turn over the trestle will be the hardest. I will have to put the lake in below it at the same time I lay track. I hope this gets you all pumped up to get back to working on your layout. Enjoy.

IMG_2159.jpg IMG_2158.jpg IMG_2154.jpg IMG_2156.jpg

I am looking forward to getting back to my layout, but it won't be for a few weeks yet. I love the pics and what you are doing with your trackage.

Looking fine Eric. You have accomplished a lot. I guess you're chompin' at the bit to get that test run going. Nice work.

Looking fine Eric. You have accomplished a lot. I guess you're chompin' at the bit to get that test run going. Nice work.

Actually I did a test run tonight to check out some of the turns. I put my MTH k-4 ( which derailed a lot on my old layout) and it did pretty darn good. One turn had a bit of a hump in it and I already fixed it. No derailments and went full speed through the turn outs to see how they acted. Those PECO switches are very nice. ;)

The Test run of part of the layout

Here a K-4 by MTH test run on a tricky part of the layout. The K-4 on my old layout was notorious for derailing on tight turns on my old layout.

All & all I am
very pleased.;)

[video=youtube_share;dP74RkfjloM]https://youtu.be/dP74RkfjloM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Final connection

This is the final connection of my mainlines. What is taking me a while to connect this is that I have to do the scenery "First" . Then I can lay the track down and start wiring. So here is what I have done so far. I have installed the trestle over a body of water that has an old mill by it. The first coat of water is done enough that I can install the trestle and get the trains rolling. Of course I will add a lot more detail to the scene when the time comes. So far I think it may work out OK.

FullSizeRender.jpg

You aure are making some good progress. Must feel good ti finally see trains running. The trestle is a fine looking build. Keep the posts coming.

Hi Eric/ guys,
I just got through this tread and I'm up to date. I'm amazed at how much you have done in a short time. Your work is great. First I love the whole basement work you have done. I can't even think about how much home you must have with a basement that large. I really like the layout you have done and I think it looks good. I'll be hanging on from now on to keep up with your progress. Lots of great info to help me with my own layout.

Dave

Back