Search results

1. Black Davy

H0 Collection 3 on Youtube

Excellent nice job!
  2. Black Davy

Showing off with a story

Great story and excellent job on Sonnys.
  3. Black Davy

Conway Coal Photos

Lasm, Thanks for for such kind words. Its been over 30 years since I built any type of "model" I was pretty scared when I started this after lurking and looking I went for it. I must say my model building experience as a teen encompasses well over 100 1/25 scale cars and trucks, so I am not...
  4. Black Davy

Conway Coal Photos

Thanks guys
  5. Black Davy

Conway Coal Photos

So I am pretty much complete with the basic structures, vehicles, and cars so I took a few shots. Detail items will be added over time.
  6. Black Davy

Scrap Yard Crane

Very nice conversion.
  7. Black Davy

Converted Plow Truck to Coal Truck

With spring here and the duties of the farm and work I have not had much time to work on the Conway Coal layout. I finally stripped the B&M blue paint off the plow truck. Stripped with brake fluid, cleaned, primed and painted. I added head lights, blinkers, tail lights, side boards and Conway...
  8. Black Davy

How many members have Hobby Lobby close? Do you shop there?

The nearest Hobby Lobby is 30 miles but since I travel a lot it's on the way home from the airport. I always use the smart phone coupon that way I can download it anytime. That 40% makes a big difference on a purchase. I have purchased the chalk sticks from General they have great colors for...
  9. Black Davy

Working on a better version of a Cletrac Tractor

After looking at more photos of Cletrac / Oliver tractors I decided to cut up the Tyco tractor a bit to make a more realistic reresentation.
  10. Black Davy

Large Coal Piles made easy

additional photos Finished piles in pockets, I will need to detail out the edges of the piles.
  11. Black Davy

Large Coal Piles made easy

To make large piles of coal without a mess and waiting for glue to dry deep inside a pile I choose to sculpt a foam base first and test fit into the pocket and then coat with black paint full strength. I then wrap with saran wrap to protect the outlying structure from glue and place it in the...
  12. Black Davy

Conway Coal Yard progress

Scale building progress I made the Fairbanks 20,000 lb pit scale platform and housing from coffee stirer sticks, the Fairbanks scale beam was cut out of styrene. The washes were a combo of Testors acrylic washes and enamel stains also some acrylic red mixed in with the wash, after that chalks...
  13. Black Davy

Helping Step-Son Build a Diorama - Really Cool!

Kaleb, Kevin, This is coming along fantastic. Kaleb your skills are really good!
  14. Black Davy

Sumas Prarie Barn - scratch build

Looks great Bob cant wait to see it progress.
  15. Black Davy

Check this Out!

Nice rigs!
  16. Black Davy

Cletrac Dozer with Nelson Coal Screw Conveyer.

Lasm, I here ya, I looked on the web and tried to figure out what brand represented the look of the casting. The orange looks like your greenish color. I took the liberty to go with the grey and red that I had seen on other dozers from Cletrac in the 30's. I will probably add an orange one in...
  17. Black Davy

Cletrac Dozer with Nelson Coal Screw Conveyer.

Weathered - before and after Well thats is works great loads a lot of Coal.

Back