Conway Coal Photos

Black Davy

So I am pretty much complete with the basic structures, vehicles, and cars so I took a few shots. Detail items will be added over time. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Wow Davy your scenes are deluxe!! You did a great job and I know a lot of your stuff, if not all, is scratch build. I can't say I have a favorite but they are all top shelf work.

If you are new to the forum you can check out his other threads and see how he made a bunch of the stuff.

lasm

Lasm,

Thanks for for such kind words.

Its been over 30 years since I built any type of "model" I was pretty scared when I started this after lurking and looking I went for it. I must say my model building experience as a teen encompasses well over 100 1/25 scale cars and trucks, so I am not new to it. My basis of the build was to try to use as much material as I could that was stuff I had, free, scraps and or repurposed thus building a 2x2 layout for very inexpensive. Note pad cardboard, coffee stirrers, printed paper graphics, cheap craft paint make up a big portion of this build. A lot of the scenery such as dirt, gravel and coal were sifted and classified for use I also used real leaves ground up in a food processor. I used existing Tyco and Matchbox equipment modified for the coal industry looking at old patent drawings. I did purchase some new coal hoppers that had road names that matched delivery receipts for the coal company. The end result came out pretty good.

Top notch work on your layout! Your attention to detail really makes this a stand out series of scenes!

Back