Search results

1. S

Code 55 Track and Deep Flanges

Hi! I recently got back into Model Railroading (well, back in May), and decided to build an N scale layout. For the most part, everything has been moving smoothly so far. However, I came across a problem today that I don't know how to deal with. I am using Micro Engineering Code 70 track...
  2. S

Anybody Coming Out...

...With this engine? I haven't heard of any companies with a release of the 7400, but I haven't been keeping track. This one would be a great one to have! http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=353812&nseq=24
  3. S

Caboose detail parts

I'm modeling an MP caboose in N scale. But I cant find any good N scale detail parts. I'm looking mainly for stove chimneys, roofwalks, and brakewheels. Also, in N scale, what size of wire do I need to make handrails? The caboose is a Bachmann caboose that I want to put next to my station. Any...
  4. S

4NScale and Rio Grande Hobbies Closing

http://www.riograndehobbies.com/ Too bad, I loved their site.
  5. S

Stripping paint

I plan to strip the old UP paint off of a Bachmann caboose, and paint it and decal it it MP red with my new airbrush. It will be my first time and I want to start on something I don't care about. Anyway, to strip paint off, I've heard of using 90% isopropyl alcohol and scrubbing the paint off...
  6. S

Cork Q's

I have a few quick questions about cork roadbed. I bought Midwest cork at a train show a little while back. However, I can't get it to curve. The sides aren't beveled, is that my problem? Also, this cork is very wide. Can I trim it up a little on the sides? And the cork is the right hight for a...
  7. S

GEVOs in N

I was wondering if anyone has scratchbuilt a GEVO in N scale. Odds are probably against me, but I was just courius. I wish a manufacturer like Kato or Atlas would make a model. Not looking good now though.:(
  8. S

MP Red?

I have looked through the Walthers catalog and haven't found a MP color. I'm trying to paint and decal a caboose for the MP but I can't find the colors. I will paint it with a Badger airbrush.
  9. S

Looking for DCC starter set

I'm looking for a DCC starter set and I am looking at NCE's Power cab, MRC's Prodigy Express, and Digitrax's Zepher. For all of you who own one of these systems, please tell me the pros and cons. Right now I like the NCE best, but I need to do more research.
  10. S

Making grades

Hi all, I'm new to the model railroad forums, but I've been over at railroad forums for almost 2 months. I am planning to build a 6 by 8 layout in n scale. It's my first layout and the table is already built. I want to make grades and I know Woodland Scenics makes foam risers. But I believe the...

Back