Search results

1. GGNInNScale

AC units- 3D resin printed 4Ton, commercial chillers and ducting

I posted this elsewhere (probably the wrong place...) Anyway, here is a picture of the finished parts. Printed on an AnyCubic Mono2 at 30microns. the .stl file is at https://www.tinkercad.com/things/7YUzCiirkt3-ac-units-and-ductwork It is open for non-commercial use. Not yet painted...
  2. GGNInNScale

3D resin printed AC units- 4 ton, commercial chillers and ducting

I saw some designs online, so I figured I would make my own. The file is available in TinkerCad, https://www.tinkercad.com/things/7YUzCiirkt3-ac-units-and-ductwork It is open for copying, not for commercial use. See the image. Not yet painted... After painting:
  3. GGNInNScale

Converting an Old Kato U30C to LokSound

I am changing an older Kato diesel to sound. The engine started with the two clip-in lighting PCBs. I machined out the frame as shown in the pictures using my Dremel bit in my drill press approach. I 3D-printed a small case for the 9x16mm OWS speaker (DigiKey). My case designs are on...
  4. GGNInNScale

A whole LOT of N scale trucks, wheels, couplers, springs, pins, etc.- SOLD

Hi to all See the pictures. I am offering a big lot of trucks, couplers and related parts. These were removed during conversions of passenger and freight cars. There are MicroTrains and Rapido style parts. Metal and plastic wheels. $20 takes all. Shipping will be $6 by USPS. I take...
  5. GGNInNScale

HO parts- Caboose Ladders, Brake Wheels and Airhorns- $10

Hi to all I have a bunch of part for sale. See the picture. The ladders retail on ebay at ~$8 per pair. $10 takes all. Shipping is $6 USPS. I take PayPal. Send me a PM if you are interested.
  6. GGNInNScale

Brand New NCE N12SRP 8-pin Decoder- SOLD

I have an NCE N12SRP decoder with the 8 pin connector for sale. Never opened the bag. I have converted to sound, so I do not need this unit. $15 plus $6 shipping. I take PayPal. Send me a PM if you are interested. Thanks!
  7. GGNInNScale

SOLD- Lots of HO track- Switches, Wye, straight, curved, flex, power tabs, Code 100

I have a bunch of HO track- some used, most is new. Nickel silver and brass pieces. Switches and Wye are ready for motor. Measured the rails to confirm Code 100. See the pictures. $60 takes all, plus shipping to your home. I changed to N scale. Note that the pictures overlap slightly.
  8. GGNInNScale

Azatrax D2B2 block detectors- SOLD

These were sold, thanks to all that responded.
  9. GGNInNScale

Atlas Switch Controllers- 9 units with screws and labels- SOLD

I have 9 Atlas switches with screws and labels left over from installations. See the picture. $15 for all, $6 shipping USPS. I take PayPal. Send me a note.
  10. GGNInNScale

N scale DCC decoders for sale- TCS, Atlas, Lenz/Atlas- a few left...

Hi to all I am changing all of my diesels to sound. Thus, I have a bunch of decoders removed from my diesels. They are all functional. $15 each plus shipping. The lighting boards- $3 each, all three for $8. Small box shipping is $6 USPS. No international shipping please. I will combine...
  11. GGNInNScale

Arnold/Hornby U28C with ESU LokSound

I finally finished the conversion of an Arnold U28C to sound. I had a TCS EUN651 non-sound decoder, which plugged into the 6 pin jack on the main PCB in the engine. I wanted to add sound, but initially I could not find a narrow-enough decoder to fit in the shell. I found the 58923 decoder...
  12. GGNInNScale

Conversion of Kato/Con-Cor E8 to LokSound with custom speaker box

I just finished converting an old Kato/Con-Cor E8 to DCC. I used an ESU 58923 with a 51993 plug and wire assembly. I milled out the top of the frame for the decoder and wire slot, added some small grooves for the motor leads, and added an SMD LED (0402) with a 2.2kOhm resistor for the...
  13. GGNInNScale

Finished converting Kato E8/9 to LokSound

I removed the NCE N12A0 decoder that I installed a couple years ago, replaced with a LokSound Micro DCC Kato Direct Widebody. Added a 11x15mm OWS speaker with a custom 3D printed case. The rear of the frame was milled to fit the speaker and case. The decoder dropped in, soldered to the motor...
  14. GGNInNScale

Atlas Dash8 with LokSound decoder- new install today

Hi to all Installed a LokSound 58721 into an Atlas N scale Dash8 diesel today. Took about 20 minutes total. A bit of shimming here and there; Kapton tape, and I reused the plastic insulator plate. This frame has the "speaker in the fuel tank", so the speaker wires come up the sides of the...
  15. GGNInNScale

Resin printed 40 foot containers- now 48 foot too

First 3D printing effort using my Photon Mono2, using build files from S. Savard (really nice, detailed .stl files). I painted the case, and put on MicroScale decals. More to come...
  16. GGNInNScale

Installed ESU LokSound into Kato SD70 with resin-printed speaker case.

Hi to all I just finished updating a Kato SD70 with a 58741 ESU decoder, and home-made speaker/case assembly. I resin printed a 4mm deep case, and added a 9x16mm 8 Ohm OWS speaker from DigiKey. The speaker fits into the frame without machining. I added LEDs for the front and back lights, as...
  17. GGNInNScale

Geared wheels for Arnold/Hornby U28C or U25C?

Hi I want to remove the traction wheels from both trucks but still retain the pickup. I have tried Hornby USA and Hornby UK, but they either don't respond (UK) or tell me there are no spares (USA). So, does anyone have a couple to spare? I do not want to just remove the rubber bands. I...
  18. GGNInNScale

N Scale in Arizona

Hello to all I retired after 40 years in research and semiconductors, and a few years as a Professor. My grandfathers and an uncle worked on the CN in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. My dad bought me SuperO Lionel and Lionel HO when I was young. My brothers and I built the Atlas Granite Gorge...
  19. GGNInNScale

My Version of J. Armstrong's Granite Gorge and Northern (1959)

We built the GGN in HO scale twice when I was younger... So, now a bit older. I took the old Atlas "6 HO Railroads That You Can Build" layout and added to it. It is about 5 1/2 feet by about 4 feet. You can see the GGN in the core, with a yard and engine house, and a perimeter ring for...
  20. GGNInNScale

My N Scale GGN with extras

This is my version of the old Atlas Granite Gorge and Northern layout (I believe this was John Armstrong's original concept). I added peripheral tracks and a station, and a yard in the "front". It is a cross-roads layout- many roads are represented. It is controlled with a variety of Arduino...

Back