Geared wheels for Arnold/Hornby U28C or U25C?

GGNInNScale

Granite Gorge and Northern Again
Hi I want to remove the traction wheels from both trucks but still retain the pickup. I have tried Hornby USA and Hornby UK, but they either don't respond (UK) or tell me there are no spares (USA). So, does anyone have a couple to spare? I do not want to just remove the rubber bands. I could fill in the groove, but a real set of wheels is preferable. Kindly reply if you can help. I will pay for the parts and shipping. The wheels are common to both the U28C and U25C, and maybe others. Thanks in advance.

HI Smudge I got your note. Silly me. Since they own Arnold, I figured they would answer questions. Oh well. I did recheck their site- you are right. TT is the smallest gauge that they show for products. However, they have lots of info on all gauges.. Just did not investigate deep enough. I think I will look at some of the Euro makers. Maybe Rivarossi or AHM (or whomever they are now) might have some NOS stuff. It is Chinese manufacture, so there must be some copies running around.

HI Smudge I got your note. Silly me. Since they own Arnold, I figured they would answer questions. Oh well. I did recheck their site- you are right. TT is the smallest gauge that they show for products. However, they have lots of info on all gauges.. Just did not investigate deep enough. I think I will look at some of the Euro makers. Maybe Rivarossi or AHM (or whomever they are now) might have some NOS stuff. It is Chinese manufacture, so there must be some copies running around.
Rivarossi are owned by Hornby, but they do have their own website so you might be lucky.

Can't you pull an insulated wheel off a non runner, or maybe even a freight car?
I've done that with a couple of my old Triang freight wagons as modern Hornby axles are shorter than the old Triang ones.

Hi The gear train is tied through the idlers. It may be possible to make the "rear" axle a dummy. Will have to pull it apart.

Back