Recent content by nycentral57

1. nycentral57

Trucks

What are the best trucks to purchase for Rolling Stock. I seem to have problems with the majority of trucks on my trains. Thanks Rob...
  2. nycentral57

The Best Wheels and trucks

Can I get some opinions on Trucks and or wheels? When you purchase a new train any rolling stock, and you decide to put on some good trucks "What do you purchase to give your new train that really good ride? I would like to know what you think is the very best and what you consider good enough...
  3. nycentral57

Flywheel armature

Hello Fellows I'm in need of some help. I have a HO Rivarossi C 420 that's missing a (for lack of a better name) flywheel armature. Well it's the piece that connects the flywheel to the truck gears. I don't know how or where I could I could go to get a spare one. I looked on ebay but I don't...
  4. nycentral57

Hesitation and plain old wont move.

It's definitly getting power, the gears are not turning. The lights are all ablaze like it wants to take off BUT... I have taken the shell off the cleaned it up tried turning the wheels but of course they won't turn.....Yes I am using section EZ Track but I know it's clean I don't have any...
  5. nycentral57

I'm sorry, Well actually I have 2 engines 1 is C420 I'm not sure of the manufacture or the decade probably 80's This engine wants to run it gets lots of power but doesn't go anywhere. The other is a FP40 (Spectrum) I think the 90's It has the same problem. Gets power but doesn't move. Then there...
  6. nycentral57

Hello my friends I have a question for you fella's who know how to fix these dang engines. I have an engine that wont move. When you apply the throttle it gets power just fine but it just sits there humming. Has anyone ever fixed a problem like this?
  7. nycentral57

Running Bear's Coffee Shoppe LX

Go Get em Willie
  8. nycentral57

Ihc sd-24

This is a follow up to my own question. I accidentally confused this SD-24 with another one I own. After further inspection of my SD-24 (Rio Grande) I noticed that there was indeed a fuel tank weight in this engine, and discovered what I am sure is the reason for it's lack of weight. There are...
  9. nycentral57

Ihc sd-24

Howdy My Railroad Friends I recently purchased a IHC SD-24 (Rio Grande) on eBay. It's a beautiful engine and runs Excellent. I have only one complaint. And that is, it's just too light. It actually feels like a dummy engine. Can I get some suggestions on how I can add some additional weight to...
  10. nycentral57

How to identify Geeps and or SD's from one another

I also recently have learned that trick and your right it never fails.
  11. nycentral57

Ya know it's my problem. It's the perfectionism in me that make's it absolutely essential to have to identify each and every train. And for what reason? I have no idea. It's not like there's going to be a pop [quiz at the end of the week. LOLOL I hate this in me. But thanks to all of you who...
  12. nycentral57

Hello from South Jersey

Hello Railfans all over the world. I am from South Jersey and have been into model railroading since the age of 10 ( That would be 49 years now). My main roads are New York Central and Reading and some B & O on the side. Actually I never met a road I didn't like. I am presently just starting my...
  13. nycentral57

Does anyone know of a sure way to identify GP and or SD locomotives from each other. (Example a GP9 has 3 exhaust fans on her roof, while a GP20 has only 2. I thought it was in the number of fans they had on the roof. Is there a website I could go to and study pictures to learn this. Robert.....
  14. nycentral57

Athearn HO Scale RTR Grinding Gears ProblemSo So I got an Athearn

Hi DNSH I had a similar problem with a RS3 (Roundhouse) There was a grinding noise that I could not for the life of me get rid of. I mentioned it to an old timer at a hobby shop his guess was Sometimes the flywheels are ever so slightly off center and the noise it makes vibrates throughout the...

Back