Recent content by CN2117

1. C

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

I understand exactly what you’re saying. If you don’t get feedback, people don’t love you, and you’ll be sad, so you need to stay somewhere where people will give you the attention you crave. I think it’s important to keep that up. Have fun. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. C

Locomotive Design Thought...

Wasn’t there a guy on here with a business doing exactly that, but he’d take deposits for stuff and then closed up the business and started again with a different name. Rail flyer, I think it was. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. C

Need help. Metal truck and wheels shorting out.

Yes, check each axle, one wheel must be insulated from the axle, so make sure they’re all oriented the same way. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. C

Criticism towards fellow model railroaders.

If you want to have a horrible view of humanity, read youtube comments. It barely matters what the subject of the video is. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. C

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

This should be a 4x4x8 crate with plywood that you could print fold and glue as an example, quickly and relatively poorly done, but it's an example.
  6. C

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

One thing I've done is use Sketchup ( a free 3d drawing program) to draw some things in full size, then print them out at scale. It has textures such as plywood, metals, etc. There is a bit of a learning curve, but one interesting thing is that there are lots of 3d drawings available free to...
  7. C

Pink or blue foam pieces

I picked up a 2x8 ft piece, in order to fit it in the car, I brought a knife with me and cut it in half out in the parking lot. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. C

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

What I like to do to those people is act like I'm trying to order a pizza, and I keep repeating that all I want is my 12" pepperoni pizza. Keep talking over them until they hang up.
  9. C

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

So, probably some of you folks have heard about the fire in Alberta, in Fort MacMurray (heart of the oil sands). It's burned well over 2000 buildings, forced the complete evacuation of a city of 100,000 people, and is something like 8 times bigger today than it was yesterday. This is dashcam...
  10. C

Iron fence

checkout langleymodels.co.uk
  11. C

Brewery Questions

If you use the Googly Earth or maps, there is a brewery at 45.257036, -66.095874 It's a mashup of 100 year old buildings and new ones. The single track along the backside of the building is used for liquid and solid deliveries, tank cars and covered hoppers. Finished product goes out the far...
  12. C

How and what was a Speeder used for?

To get back to the question of what speeders were used for, here's what Buster Keaton used one for. 24 minutes https://www.nfb.ca/film/railrodder/
  13. C

The description says WHAT????

"Traveling, but was confirmed thank you who can, such as a little heavy maintenance adjustment. . It is made ​​in Japan brass precision model. There is no relatively feeling. Thank you at the precise model to be familiar with a person aged secondhand goods and understanding. We fine scratches...
  14. C

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

727is/was a three engine jet, so that's not it.. I'm guessing 757 by the proportions. Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
  15. C

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Okay, I can definitely see that the sky in this one is different from the ones the other day. And the turntable has moved. And, and, and,... LOL.

Back