Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 65 and raining.

It seems the "tech support" has been passing my phone number around, and I've suddenly started getting at least a half dozen calls per day from somebody wanting to scam me into giving them money, access to my internet or computer, or bank account.

It seems the "tech support" has been passing my phone number around, and I've suddenly started getting at least a half dozen calls per day from somebody wanting to scam me into giving them money, access to my internet or computer, or bank account.

Dang Terry. Get on the do not call list!

Good morning. 40 degrees to start off the day with overcast skies.

Curt - Have a safe trip.

Friday, don't care what number it is. Hopefully I can get some work done on the layout this weekend. Nothing planned except for the two oldest grandson coming over to mow the lawn weather permitting.

Good morning, 40 and cloudy, a bit of drizzle.

Ran the train around the track a few times last night, last chance to do that before I go on vacation. I was going to shuffle cars around some but since wearing the bathrobe with big arms thought it best not to chance wrecking anything. I have learned to wear tight or short sleeves when messing around the trains.

Leaving at 4 pm today for Esterbrook, Wyoming. Camping, trout fishing, roughing it and relaxation for 8 days. Leaving the wife at home and meeting up with a college buddy. Probably down a couple beers.

more later...

What I like to do to those people is act like I'm trying to order a pizza, and I keep repeating that all I want is my 12" pepperoni pizza. Keep talking over them until they hang up.

I can't count how many calls I have received on my cell phone, which is on the do not call list from "credit card services". No way to stop the calls except to block the number and then the call come from another number. We haven't had a land line phone for almost 20 years thankfully or there would be more scam calls.

As best I know ... charities and political "crap" are excluded from the NO CALL list.
Just another crapolla law from g'ment that has no teeth; the same as the law banning automobiles from the town of Dallas, TX (LoL).

Y'all don't want to get me started on "laws".

I must receive 6-8 calls a day ... on landline. Fortunately they have not found my cell, so far.
I certainly am going to try the pizza ordering - see how that works.

Supposed to only be 80 today and 75 tomorrow. Reached 89.2 yesterday - and trying to do some work outside - I felt it.

Later gang!

The do not call list only works for legitimate businesses. Scammers generally do not honor laws or rules...

We dumped our land line however my wife transferred the phone # to her cell phone. She gets a lot of junk phone calls and I get none. I purchased a cell phone with a new number.

Going "cell only", and being protective about who you give your phone number to, is one way to get around the system.

For landline phones get something called a Call Blocker. When the phone rings and it is some number I don't recognize, I do a quick Google on the number. Unless it comes up as an entity I would want to talk to, I simply reach over and press "Block Now". It works and is very satisfying..... :cool: I keep my cell phone in my pocket..... Turned off at all times so I don't have top worry about getting any calls on it. I don't give out that number to anyone either. If they ask for it I just say "I have no idea"........

The problem is, I gave this number as contact info to dellwhen I bought a new computer from them. They say an employee stole the info and sold it to third parties. Of course, when I confronted dellabout it, nobody knew nothing about nothing.
The scammers have my name, address, email, phone number, model and serial number of the computer I got.

Friday, Friday, Friday

friday, friday dance.jpg

Sherrel: I fully agree!!

My vacation begins in 38 minutes, so won't be back on line until May 24. I will miss you guys for the while, but will try to be having fun without the trains!

Hasta Luego

lasm

Hello everybody ..

No model railroading progress from me. ..... My Mom continues to suffer with severe pain in the hospital with her back injury of Wednesday morning.... Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. ....

Good evening fellow Rail Spiker's,

Clear
89.2 °F
Feels Like 89 °F
N
Wind from West

Tomorrow is forecast to be Much Cooler than today.
Today High 96 | Low 53 °F
0% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 103.1 | Low 59.7 °F
Precip. 0 in
Pressure 29.85 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Clear
Heat Index 89 °F
Dew Point 60 °F
Humidity 38%
Rainfall 0.00 in

Say, Garry: I sure hope your Mom is able to find some comfort fairly soon as I know it must be fairly time consuming driving back and forth and a drain on you! As a thought, would a variable pressure air mattress possibly help your mom rest more comfortabl6y as the spine is curved to begin with?

Say, Shrrel: I didn't realize you were that full of energy, that's quite a Jig your dancing there, guy.

I hope you all have a very good night and weekend.

Good Morning Everybody!

59 with 80% humidity under clear skies in southeast Baltimore.

I am looking forward to my baseball clinic for pitchers and catchers today. We have been rained out 2 of the last 3 Saturdays.

Have a great day Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back