Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

Thank you. Actually, it's DSK-M, although the way I phrased it might have been confusing... But we're grateful for the support. Thank you.

Yay. I finally got a shower and shave!
I don't bother with either during the week because quite simply there is little time for me unpack my stuff, have a drink [maybe], scarf a little food and I'm ready for the rack by 2130. Thus why I'm up around 0200 for a while.
As to the shower necessity, yeah, it was necessary. It actually got quite hot for me today and had to peel my shirt several times. By around 1600 I was smelling myself - and I'm not much of a sweater really. Yeah, time for shower - ya reckon!

Seems to me I should be on some sort of roll.
Maybe I should have got a lotto ticket - not like me really.
Perhaps a few future Mrs. White will stroll in the door. ( not likely)
The door is open - literally. Larry even put on the A/C today!!
I'm not worried about my door open. I'm strapped back up as usual.
No one around here messes with me anyhow.
They may know of me but they don't really know of me.

Reminder to everyone since I just now thought of it, set your clocks ahead Saturday night/Sunday morning.
E

DSK-M, Hooah! and Stay Safe. Dairy State Mom and Dad, welcome to the Army Family. I've been a Marine and Army dad since 2002, so I sometimes forget what it was like when my sons first deployed. Will keep y'all and your Soldier in my prayers.

US Army, military police. He'll be in South Korea for about 2 weeks before we know exactly where he winds up. But communication should be a lot more frequent than during his training.

Heading off to bed now. All best to everyone...

See there. Joe knows the difference between a "hooah" and a "oorah". The teams was a little more curt. I'm not sure how to spell it. Just better follow it quickly with "Master Chief Instructor Avis". "Roger that"

Special treat for all you pilots, Especially for Capt. Weems:
Larry's former father in law was apparently some big wig at Boeing. These are apparently display models for exec's. All have a mounting hole underneath like they should be on stands on the credenza behind one's desk.
Sherrel can probably recognize them all. Especially "that big white boy".
I'd bet the yellow one (Qantas) is a 737 and the silver one (Northwest Orient) would be the 727.
View attachment 56253

727is/was a three engine jet, so that's not it..

I'm guessing 757 by the proportions.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Since Erik mentioned So. K., has anyone heard from NG?
He was all eat up about SK.
I'm kind of worried about him actually.
He has my number and direct email should he care to reach out. I'm there.
E.

727is/was a three engine jet, so that's not it..

I'm guessing 757 by the proportions.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Per your post I had another good look. They (the yellow and silver) appear to have the exact same features but in different scale. So now I imagine both are 737s. Would that be more likely?
I've flown on all these plains but it's been a looonnnggg time.
You want some more pics? I can do that.
E.

Holy crap guys!!!! I just took the boat apart - well the upper shell. The remote control was inside!!!
Golly mercy this thing must have cost a couple grand.
P3110006_3.jpgP3110008_3.jpgP3110008_4.jpgP3110006_4.jpg

One thing about that boat E, it shouldn't get stuck in a tree :eek:. Unless the tree's fallen in the water. One of those coolant lines looks a bit close to the muffler for comfort, or is that water cooled as well. Controls should be easy, port or starboard and FOOOOOOOORRRRRRWAAAAAAAAARD.

Good Morning All. 60 degrees and drizzling right now, looks like we received 1" overnight after just a misty/drizzly day yesterday.
Chet - Congratulations on the bowling if I haven't already said so. Again if I have!
Sherrel - I hear you. My BP medications are all diuretics and 3-4 hours is usually my limit. Good news on the CT scan, I hope the results are good. Best of health going forward.
Ken in MD - None of my three kids have ever seen me without a beard. They were all freaked out back in the late 80's when I trimmed from a 6"+ length to about 2", where I keep it now, sorta.
Eric - What a haul! Looks like you can go from air (drones) to sea. Yeah! those 4-wheel freight cars are definitely European style models. I saw many of the real thing when I was over there years ago. Glad to hear that you got a shower worked into your schedule. We started to get winds from the east yesterday!
Erik - You have every reason to be proud of DSK-M.
Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Happy Saturday.
60 and cloudy here right now.
I need to head out for some groceries.
Suppose to rain tonight. 70% it says right now.
My NC buddy and wife will be stopping by at some point to visit trains and me.
Guess I should be sure the tracks are clear and they are running.
The FP45 and ES44AC are currently hooked up and they are great runners so I'll leave them to show.

I forgot to post before leaving to the groc store. I'm already back and have everything put away.
Of course this week's list had to be mostly all canned goods making for a heavier than normal pack.

You all mention about my non-sleep habit. One advantage: It's not even 0800 and I have already put in a half-day.
Being a Saturday, that means I can have a beer and not feel bad. (not that I would anyhow). :cool:

Guess I should head to the train room and be sure things are operational for later when my friends get here.
Think I'll even open a window or 2 here!!

E

Back