Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

Good morning guys, 40 and light rain. It sounds like the air is too warm for snow, earlier they were calling for 8"!

It got up to 62 here yesterday, warmest day in at least 4 months, I believe. It really felt good.

Thanks for all the comments on the phillips 66 photo. That must be the best one.
I was looking at the lows and we will be dipping down into the 30's for a few days and highs in the 40's.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Good morning. 35 degrees to start off the day with overcast skies. Joe, share some of that sunshine. For the past five days we have had overcast skies with a rain and snow mix coming down. Mother nature was teasing us with the few days we had up in the 60's and must be getting even with us.

Garry - Have a safe trip. Hope everything goes well for you.

Eric - I imagine that you are chompin' at the bit waiting for the new locomotive. Let us know how it runs.

I used to be a hermit out here, but more and more people have been moving into the area over the years and it's starting to get a bit crowded for me. I avoid going to town if I can. I also have a pretty good stock pile of beer.

Good morning folks.

It's another rainy day off in southern Minnesota. I don't mind really. The rain is making the grass green up nicely which is a pleasant change from white and brown all winter. It's funny hearing the weather in northern Minnesota(LASM), the Twin Cities area(LAME), and then mine in south central MN. Sometimes it can be quite different and other times it's basically the same.

I don't have much planned for the day. I think I'll fill a few more nail holes in the trim and then head into the train room and continue building one of my kits. Wednesdays usually end up being a beer and movie day for me at some point. It's just another way of tuning out the world. I'm in sales, which requires me to be "on" all day. At a certain point, it's just nice to play a really loud movie or music and chill out!

Time to refill the coffee. I hope everyone has a good day.

How are you guys powering your switches. Been looking for a power pack to run those but can't seem to find anything.

Good Morning All.

Clear and calm this morning, but cool at 43 .. they say 62 for a high today. Folks in the mid section of the country should be getting clobbered with what blew through here the past couple days. It was fast moving, but virtually no moisture left here.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hi Lame--I wonder if you belong to a club down there, and/or if you have a favorite train hobby shop?
I don't actually belong to a club. Might start looking though. I've been going to hub hobby they have a pretty good selection. There is another place in St.Paul that has a huge inventory but I haven't had the time to venture over there.

I don't actually belong to a club. Might start looking though. I've been going to hub hobby they have a pretty good selection. There is another place in St.Paul that has a huge inventory but I haven't had the time to venture over there.

I have been to hub hobby a bunch of times. I have heard about the one in St. Paul but have not been able to find them in the phone book. Let me know if you get an address, I think it is in Roseville?

I have been to hub hobby a bunch of times. I have heard about the one in St. Paul but have not been able to find them in the phone book. Let me know if you get an address, I think it is in Roseville?
I am not sure exactly I found the address online I'll pull it up and see where it is.

Scale Model Supplies

458 N. Lexington Parkway
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55104

It might be actually. But this is the place I might try and find this weekend.

Scale model supplies is a wonderland for train guys. Only thing is, they charge full retail. That being said, they have everything you could ever want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scale model supplies is a wonderland for train guys. Only thing is, they charge full retail. That being said, they have everything you could ever want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. No different than hub hobby. There are some things I don't mind paying full price for especially if they have something that I can't find online.

Good evening gents. 50*F with a 12mph SSE breeze in central MD.

Did a 45min treadmill routine on the way home from work, same as I've been doing on alternate days for the past 6 weeks. It's the only way I can keep my BP at a safe level, the meds simply don't cut it. Trouble now is, it always leaves me exhausted for the remainder of the evening - too tired to tackle the mess in my garage that once was a trainroom. [...but not tired enough to stop me from ordering 11 Peco #6 Insulfrogs from MBK...:p]

Good evening gents. 50*F with a 12mph SSE breeze in central MD.

Did a 45min treadmill routine on the way home from work, same as I've been doing on alternate days for the past 6 weeks. It's the only way I can keep my BP at a safe level, the meds simply don't cut it. Trouble now is, it always leaves me exhausted for the remainder of the evening - too tired to tackle the mess in my garage that once was a trainroom. [...but not tired enough to stop me from ordering 11 Peco #6 Insulfrogs from MBK...:p]

Looks like the Ford Assembly plant is coming along quite rapidly, ken. I like the possibilities it will present. Are you buying up all of the F100s you can get your hands on yet?
I have been working my memory overtime, trying to remember the track layout at Ford Edison. I believe there were three tracks that served the assembly plant, and either two or four tracks for loading the auto rack cars. I have to look for my Industrial switching book.

Well, I got some good news and some not so good news at work tonight. Starting Monday we will probably be working 7-12's for 4-5 weeks, maybe even 6 weeks. The money will be nice but I have to drive 55 miles one way to get to work. Won't be much time for anything else. This is what I used to want when I was younger..........now I'm getting to old for this. I guess I better enjoy this weekend. Plus today is my wife's birthday.

Well, I got some good news and some not so good news at work tonight. Starting Monday we will probably be working 7-12's for 4-5 weeks, maybe even 6 weeks. The money will be nice but I have to drive 55 miles one way to get to work. Won't be much time for anything else. This is what I used to want when I was younger..........now I'm getting to old for this. I guess I better enjoy this weekend. Plus today is my wife's birthday.
What was the good news?

Back