Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

Where is the decoder, all I see is the P2K light board for the 1.5v bulbs.

The decoder is off the photo to the left. I have 12 v led lights that will get hooked up for directional lighting, the previous owner must have taken them out to accomodate the decoder. It is a TCS decoder. I think part of the decoder wires are shown, all the wires and the harness.

Good Morning. 44 heading back to 70 for a high today. It's been in the very low 40's and even dipped into the 30's night before last. I actually got to build a fire in the fireplace which has seen very limited use this past winter. Have some 2-3 year old wood plus construction scraps that are getting to the "light and poof their gone" stage.

Had a scare here as well, Chet, a great big towering cloud appeared, the sky got dark, lighting flashed, thunder rolled, and we actually just barely got enough moisture to wet the pavement .. but it was very exciting.

Nice buy there, Dave .. someone else, can't remember which forum, was complaining that they caught a buy such as yours, but the shipping carrier completely crushed it! Glad yours is OK. I like the colors of the C&NW too!

WOW, BBob, any reason for the sudden shift in the work schedule? That's going to put a crimp in your lifestyle, but good for the pocketbook.

Willie .. You are making me envious with your gardening. I was thinking maybe I could get something in the ground here, but don't seem to ever find the time, or energy, to accomplish it. I could get along very well living where you do. Yesterday, Spousal Unit and I attended a BD party luncheon for one of our friends in Escondido. Driving back at 3:30 in the afternoon - the 6 lane Interstate was packed. It even reduced to a stop and crawl the last 4 miles to town. They are going to have to do something. When I moved here in 1990 - the pop was 23k .. now it's 120k plus, and there is only 3 exits off the Interstate. I am going to say that 2/3 rds of the folks that live here are commuters to San Diego or the LA region. I'd gladly move, but the weather is just so darn nice!

JOE, KEN .. you guys had me worried with your hundreds of vehicles until it dawned on me that you were talking models .. I kept thinking, " What the devil are they doing with that many cars and trucks"...LOL.

I know that I am overlooking a few people -- sorry. My mind forgets who all posted after 3-4 pages.
Have a good day everyone.

So these appeared some time after I left work yesterday.
a2ee8e5dd7f1517e61c41d7095ea65d1.jpg

I didn't know Minnesota commercial worked after 330

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Oh and like clock work here they come with a haul of empties to bnsf northtown operations. Unit 84 which I believe is a dash 8. Everyday rolling through around 1030 1100 am.

Oh and like clock work here they come with a haul of empties to bnsf northtown operations. Unit 84 which I believe is a dash 8. Everyday rolling through around 1030 1100 am.

Are they putting in a pipeline along the tracks, and what is the junk piled in the silt fence? Also, the red loco, what road is that?

No that black pipe is 3 separate pipelines of temporary hdpe bypass pipe for our job. We are rehabing a couple thousand feet of 60 and 66" sanitary pipe for metropolitan council. All of that orange stuff is 4" layflat hose that we use during the curing process of cured in place pipe (part of the rehab process it's a fiberglass liner that forms to the concrete host pipe) that black pipe is 18" diameter.

That loco is owned and operated by the shortline Minnesota commercial. Local to the twin cities.

3a06e8cab2183fae9b479957b810ad73.jpg

Here is a picture of us installing one of the liners. About 450' in length. Fill with water so it takes shape of the pipe and heat the water up to cure it.

So I did find Becker's, they are in a little strip mall next to a hair salon. Hard to find because they just have a small sign in the window. But the selection is great. And the prices are not bad either!

Lame, I don't know how old you are, but I made my first model railroad purchase at Har Mar Mall, in Roseville. Used to be a hobby shop there. That is where most of my allowance and money from chores went, as a youngster.

I wonder if they relocated or sold out. That would have been about 1969?

Well before my time, not to make you feel old! I do know where har Mar is but I am not sure about that hobby shop.

I know the hobby shop is gone.

Curious if you knew about the "big" one rumored of being somewhere in that area. Full of old craftsman kits and stuff. I suppose the owner is pre-internet.

3a06e8cab2183fae9b479957b810ad73.jpg

Here is a picture of us installing one of the liners. About 450' in length. Fill with water so it takes shape of the pipe and heat the water up to cure it.

Cool -- I've done a lot of writing for a trade pub serving the municipal sewer & water utilities and have occasionally written about CIPP, but this is the first time I've run into it outside of doing a story on it!

Cool -- I've done a lot of writing for a trade pub serving the municipal sewer & water utilities and have occasionally written about CIPP, but this is the first time I've run into it outside of doing a story on it!
Yeah it's my bread and butter. We're so busy it's crazy.

So I did find Becker's, they are in a little strip mall next to a hair salon. Hard to find because they just have a small sign in the window. But the selection is great. And the prices are not bad either!

Didja tell Bill I sent ya!??

Terry in NW Wisconsin

Back