Your Other Hobbies

Z... oh you look waaaaayyyy too comfy in that second pic!!
Boy I miss the mountains! :(

For me, a comfy way to spend halloween, and this is what I woke up to the following morning.

Also some pics for you of mountains. Hope you get back to visit them soon.

Well this is my current second hobby, had many others in the past that I have no time for now. However this one became a necessity, and the more we used it, the more we found it lacking in our comfort. Over the past 5 years it took all my spare time to do the required modifications to make life on the road just a little more comfortable.
There isn't much more I can do to it other than repairs if and when required, so now, finally I can get back to rebuilding my layout

Click-->
th_DotinRVWindow.jpg
and Click-->
th_100-0034_IMG-1.jpg

Cheers
Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
My other hobby loves are gaming of any kind and flying high-power model rockets, that is engines from E-L class, as opposed to the A-D motors most people are familiar with from Estes.

DSC_0951.jpg

I don't really count these as hobbies, but they do occupy a lot of my time :)

R6-1.jpg

RandolphTagUnhinted.jpg

Well this is my current second hobby, had many others in the past that I have no time for now. However this one became a necessity, and the more we used it, the more we found it lacking in our comfort. Over the past 5 years it took all my spare time to do the required modifications to make life on the road just a little more comfortable.
There isn't much more I can do to it other than repairs if and when required, so now, finally I can get back to rebuilding my layout

Click-->
th_DotinRVWindow.jpg
and Click-->
th_100-0034_IMG-1.jpg

Cheers
Willis

Looks like you have driven from coast to coast?

My other hobby loves are gaming of any kind and flying high-power model rockets, that is engines from E-L class, as opposed to the A-D motors most people are familiar with from Estes.

DSC_0951.jpg

I don't really count these as hobbies, but they do occupy a lot of my time :)

R6-1.jpg

RandolphTagUnhinted.jpg

Cool stuff!

Fly fishing is my other hobby, wether it be walking a stream looking for trout or fishing for salmon from my boat.

P1000381-1.jpg

P1080647.jpg

hehe i had forgotten i used to make model rockets a few summers ago. my neighbor is a pratt&whitney enginneer and he has the CAR license to get those huge rocket engine, so he used to get them for his boy and me.

Toyguy have you seen that video of the water powered rocket that goes a like 7 km high ?

With a username like mine. You dont have to think hard to see what my other hobby is. I own both a 66SS and a 69SS. 69 is a long term down the road project, 66 is much more complete and is more of a driver currently but hasnt been driven since 05. I have a lot of things planned for it. The 66 does need a bit of work as well though.

I collect antique Airstream travel trailers. In fact, I'm sitting on the front couch of one as I type this. I have several friends that also do this. One guy has had as many as 30 of these things sitting around at one time, though he's now down to about 3. I've had as many as 6, though now I'm down to 1.
Let's see if i can load the photo of mine I took yesterday:

Is there a market of reproduction and replacement parts for these? I know where there are 3 of them sitting in 3 seperate yards around here. One may have been moved a while back though. But the other 2 have just been sitting. I always liked Airstream trailers.

Cars- currently drive an 05 GTO, selling it to get a newer (06+)Corvette ZO6 in the next year or so. Have had many other cars that I have modded and sold before finishing what I started, 3 LS1 Trans Am's and one Firehawk Formula. Occasionally help friends and family with their cars. I also play with a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic. Planning on a Trailblazer SS for the wife soon. Been around cars my entire life.

Model Aircraft- Spent 5 months last year building a Tamiya 1/48 scale Block 52 SEAD F-16CJ. The year before, I built a Ukrainian 1/48 SU-27 in blue splinter Camoflauge from a Trumpeter kit. Took almost an entire year off and on. Still haven't done the decals on that one. I've also built many F-14's, and also a couple F-18's, since my time in the Navy helped with the details. One day I'll build an MH-60S, as my last assignment was a nighthawk squadron. I've been building models alot longer than I've been into trains.

Also try to spend as much time as possible with the wife and my soon to be 2 year old son.

I just started model railroading a few years ago. I also build and fly RC planes, carve leather, woodwork and work on my 1979 Volvo Bertone Coupe when I can. These were made in Italy at the Bertone plant and are fairly rare with only 1100 built. I fell in love with the 4" factory chop top and Italian leather interior. Mine is identical to the one in the pics.

I love dabbling in graphic design - model railroading has provided me with quite a few projects. Every time I buy a new building I end up coming up with a backstory and visual identity for it.

I'm also mad about the Mouse. Hence the ridiculous amount of Disney references on my layout.

Is there a market of reproduction and replacement parts for these? I know where there are 3 of them sitting in 3 seperate yards around here. One may have been moved a while back though. But the other 2 have just been sitting. I always liked Airstream trailers.
Surprisingly, there is more available then you would think. Of course, I work for an Airstream dealer, and have a more than nodding acquaintance with the mucky-mucks at the company, so there's very little I can't find somewhere. Whatever I can't find, I manufacture myself. It's not as readily available as Rat parts, but they didn't make as many, either.

I collect antique Airstream travel trailers. In fact, I'm sitting on the front couch of one as I type this. I have several friends that also do this. One guy has had as many as 30 of these things sitting around at one time, though he's now down to about 3. I've had as many as 6, though now I'm down to 1.
Let's see if i can load the photo of mine I took yesterday:

I thought you might appreciate these two shots I took at the Modern Museum of Art in NYC.
Cheers.

Genarally over here in South Africa model railroading is seen as an 'old man' hobby....'old guys with nothing else to do'

The reason why I started this thread is so we can all see each other's interests,hobbies,sports etc....must say,quite a couple of caracters already....keep those interesting things comin'.....hope everyone is having a very nice weekend....J

Back