Your Other Hobbies

Jannie

I started out in '88 with Trains...then model cars in '96....so it grew.....

Now I've got trains,model cars,Transformer collectibles,Movie collectibles & small cactus plants....also started to collect limited edition LEGO sets....

I think I could be called a collector of such...

Care to share your other hobbies? ;)

Cars and I am a crew member of a Formula 2000 race team.

I also collected Lego Technic sets.

But now with a kid on the way, money wont be going to hobbies as much.

Seeing that we're talking cars also...I don't think mine qualifies as a hobby...seeing that I restore old vehicles aswell as build Hotrods & Kustoms for a living....But I truelly love every second of it ;)

I've a lot of hobbies:
operating the railroad,
scratch building for the model railroad,
kit building for the model railroad,
planning layouts for FREMO meetings,
building turnouts and crossings,
wiring modules,
reading books (about railroad),
taking pictures of model railroad
:)

Wolfgang

I collect antique Airstream travel trailers. In fact, I'm sitting on the front couch of one as I type this. I have several friends that also do this. One guy has had as many as 30 of these things sitting around at one time, though he's now down to about 3. I've had as many as 6, though now I'm down to 1.
Let's see if i can load the photo of mine I took yesterday:

My other hobbies include:

a modified DRZ 400 supermoto... :)
IMG_1771.png

various .22lr guns... :)
IMG_3347-1.png

a 36 year old Raleigh I rebuilt... :)
IMG_3286.png

and a little home I built... :)
GrabbedFrame12.png

Greg

^Lov those trailers...there's a couple of them over here too....would like to get 1 1day...

As for sports I do Downhill Mtb-ing...was sponsored by Fox-racing when I was still racing pro....Further more I do 'Street luge racing' aswell as abit of Bmx & bodyboarding....

Hey Jannie, :)

Street lugers are cool! I live on a really steep winding road and often see the street lugers whizzing by. ;)

Greg

Hiking in forests especially rain forests and travelling, travelling, and travelling abroad; can't get enough of it. Also the occasional dip in a glacial fed lake for about 10 to 30 seconds after a long hike on a hot day.
Check out the size of the driftwood.

^then u must seriously get yourself 1 or build 1...we've got a private track not to far from me....GPS Speed Record on that track stands @ 73mph

No better feeling going those speeds laying only an INCH off the ground with No brakes but your feet!

Whoooo Hooooo!

^Nice wood ;)

....that does look very relaxing

Sure is especially when all alone deep into the woods in the middle of nowhere... with cougars, bears, and eagles. I've only heard a cougar once, but have seen many bears and eagles.

^Nice wood ;)

....that does look very relaxing

Sure is especially when all alone deep into the woods in the middle of nowhere... with cougars, bears, and eagles. I've only heard a cougar once, but have come across many bears, coyotes, wolves, and eagles.

O yes! I also play Warhammer 40000 board warfare games...since '95 ;)
I was into that for a few years around 1999-2002 but everybody that played either moved or sold their collections and now nobody is really interested anymore. I loved all the detail that had to go into painting and building armies and then the strategy of actually playing it. In ways very similar to model railroading.

Back