WPF 22 Oct - 01 Nov 2010

Wow great stuff as usual guys!
Great job on the boxcar Laid off!
Lots of Cascade green too... thanx for thinking about me! :D
Here's a shot taken from a new friend's layout that features hand laid code 70 rail and tons of scratchbuilt structures:

Rico - Your buddys got a good looking layout and what a great shot! Did you take it?

The UP has rolled into town with some ex-SP and SSW power.

100_1078.jpg

100_1077.jpg

100_1076.jpg

100_1075.jpg

Rico - Your buddys got a good looking layout and what a great shot! Did you take it?

Yeah I finally learned to take at least six pics, one usually turns out!
Here's another of his houses:
Jerome nice job on the locos by the way!

Karl, very nice indeed!!! Question, the front truck has 2 speed recorders on it. Any idea why they do that?

Karl, very nice indeed!!! Question, the front truck has 2 speed recorders on it. Any idea why they do that?

Actually, all 4 axles have them. The front truck has them on one side, the rear truck the other. And yes, it is for slippage control.

Must be part of the dash-3 hardware.

Not bad for an Atheran BB if I say so myself.

Next loco project. 3 (yes triplets!) chopped nosed GP9's for the Midland. I've got 3 undec P2K units about to go under the knife!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
So thats what those things are, i always thought they were part of the brakes or something :eek:

I got some railfanning done today on the mountain and just wanted to share. It was a short day with a BNSF grain train and the Livingston-Bozeman local being the only two catches eastbound. I was shocked to see #4433 poke its head back out of the tunnel again. I've seen that puppy a couple of times around these parts. Someone needs to repaint that ugly fade.

909-7.jpg

909-4.jpg

Josh would you happen to know what that dude was using for the roof on that passenger car?
The guy mentioned it, but heck if I can remember something like that. I know, if you check eBay, Eastern Car Works kits come up from time to time, and they have a decent separate roof.

Atlas O 2 rail CSX box car with load. Weathered with cut levers added. Lots of texture on the wheels and trucks using acrylic paint and weathering powders.

This marks the first time I've actually posted to WPF- although I've lurked it for quite a long time looking at all the great stuff posted every week.

I got around to finishing two more cars this weekend- the first is a custom painted ACFX 33K tank car with home-made decals, Kadee #58s and metal 36" wheels.

5133004396_b778a060f0_z.jpg

The second is an Intermountain PS4750 custom painted for a PTLX owned hopper leased to Woodward Grain of Woodward, Iowa. The decals for the lettering are home-made, and Microscale for the warning label and ACI plates. The car has Plano etched roofwalks, Kadee #58s and 36" metal wheels. If I'm lucky I'll get the airhoses and uncoupling levers put on this one tonight-

5132402921_be1c6ff820_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Matt Holman
Spring, TX

Finally finished up decaling a couple RPS trucks to go with my utility company Ill have on the layout.

Trucks decaled courtsey of William Brillinger
th_P1100534.jpg

RPS Trucks with decals applied
th_2010-10-31174415.jpg

th_2010-10-31172814.jpg

Back