• 35-55

Votes: 82 38.3%
  • 55-75

Votes: 64 29.9%
  • 75 and older

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm 71, but, not the oldest. This weekend I felt like I was a lot older, whatever that feels like. My wife says I look like I'm about 90 when I don't feel good.

29 here although the wife keeps reminding me I won't be in the twenties much longer. Probably cause I gave her a hard time a couple years ago. Oh well.

For you "older" gents. I had an old pilot tell me when I was a young pilot that getting older beats the alternative. Another one told me every day you get older is another day you did your job right.

For you "older" gents. I had an old pilot tell me when I was a young pilot that getting older beats the alternative. Another one told me every day you get older is another day you did your job right.

Sounds very much like, "There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there aren't any old bold pilots!" :D

64 in 2 months. Never thought I would get there.
Bob

Bob, I never thought I would see 50, then when I passed that mark I figured I would live the rest of my life. Now, I'm looking forward to 100 & still be playing w/trains.:rolleyes:

I'm with ya, Jon.

Mebbe we should have a government investigation on this.

I'll be 57 next month.

I'm glad I ain't chasin' girls any more. I'd be too winded to do anything if'n I ever caught 'em.

Bob

I thought it was the passing of gas!;)[/QUOTE]

Not unless you have the dis-stink-cheon of being an Old Fart.:)

Now that you mention THAT, it does seem like everytime we turn around we are changing the TP roll and paying the power bill :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone noticed the correlation between age and the passing of time? The older I get, the faster time passes! Is this some kind of Einstein principle? :eek:)

Regards,
Jon

Although perhaps presented here as rather tongue-in-cheek, this is indeed a very real situation, or effect. The proposed explanation for it is that the human mind is constantly, but subconsciously, always comparing the current passage of an interval of time to the full experienced duration of the person's life up to that point. Thus, a year to a six or seven year-old would seem excessively long and dragged out, while to an octogenarian a year would seem to just fly by. ;)

NYW&B

Last edited by a moderator:

Back