What happened to Tony?

Was wondering the same thing myself just the other day, whatever it was or is, can't be good.

I only have an email to contact him and he has not replied to my latest email, keep him in our prayers.

Tony is one of the finest people I have ever know.

I have also sent Tony a number of emails over the past few months and haven't had any response.

Hi Everyone and darn, I am over whelmed by the concern - thank you very much.

I have never aired my personal life too much on here, or any where to be honest, but this has not been a great year for me. At the end of last year I became ill resulting in me spending much of my time either in bed with no energy or being able to stay awake for any period of time. Not long after I recovered I was confronted with the news that my mother had very unexpectedly passed away back in Australia. Need less to say I was on a plane back there and have not long returned to the US. While there I also found out that my younger sister has cancer. There have been a few smaller issues that I have also been contending with and when added to the above it all became a little too much to deal with. As said it hasn't been the best of years.

For those who sent emails, I apologize for not replying to them as I normally would. Not wishing to sound as though I am making excuses but my ISP changed its email platform and I did not receive many emails, just as many people (apparently) did not receive ones I had sent. As such, I have changed my email to a generic "yahoo.com" address.

With all that was happening, "playing with trains" was the last thing on my mind, even if I had the motivation and time to do so.

Now I am in the process of planning the intended indoor N Scale Layout, the one I was planning at the end of last year. That will be done from scratch as I have gained a little more room for a larger (longer) layout. With that being said, my HO layout is being pulled down for the N Scale, my G Gauge has been sold off due to the time and work involved and my "Shed N Scale" is still at the same stage it was when I last posted regarding it.

With the sudden passing of my mother, I realize more than ever that nothing is forever and it is better to focus on just one thing at a time and do that one thing fully and properly. I hope that my indoor N Scale will be just that - my focus and my priority to get it perfect.

As said, I am over whelmed at the concern shown and am very much humbled by it and thank you all. I hope now that I can get back into the hobby, the forums and become a useful regular member again.

Please accept our condolences Tony, I know I speak for everyone when I say how sorry we are to hear about your troubles.

As I have gotten older I realize how cold and hard life can be. It's one of the many reasons I keep coming back to this forum. Guys like you Tony make it a great place.

I had some troubles myself and like you I am hoping they are behind me. Now it's time to play with our trains again!

TONY TONY TONY!!!! We are glad to have you back!

Good morning. Started off at 60 degrees and are only expected to get into the high 70's.

Tony, Great to see you back. We missed you. Sorry to hear about all of the troubles you have experienced in the last year.

Glad to 'hear' from you, Tony. I haven't been one of the vocal worriers, but I've been following what's been going on and hoping for the best. The best isn't exactly what you've had happen, and I'm sorry to hear about that, but it is good to at least see you back.

Hey Tony sure good to have you back, you were missed!
Sorry to hear about all you've been thru, hopefully better times lay ahead.

Let me add my condolences on your mum's passing and sorry to hear of your own battles as well as those of your relatives. Knew things must have been tough to keep you away from here. Good to have you back. A shame about your "Opus in the letter G", we were all enjoying that big adventure. I'm sure the future "Symphony in N minor" will be just as pleasing.

Hey Tony sure good to have you back, you were missed!
Sorry to hear about all you've been thru, hopefully better times lay ahead.

Sorry for your losses Tony , glad to see you back.

Great to have you back Tony!

I am sorry to hear about your losses.

Yannis

Sorry for all your troubles Tony its good to have you back!

Let me add my condolences on your mum's passing and sorry to hear of your own battles as well as those of your relatives. Knew things must have been tough to keep you away from here. Good to have you back. A shame about your "Opus in the letter G", we were all enjoying that big adventure. I'm sure the future "Symphony in N minor" will be just as pleasing.

Glad to 'hear' from you, Tony. I haven't been one of the vocal worriers, but I've been following what's been going on and hoping for the best. The best isn't exactly what you've had happen, and I'm sorry to hear about that, but it is good to at least see you back.

Thank you all and I normally I would respond to each individually but all I would really be doing is repeating myself by saying thank you and your thoughts and condolences are very much appreciated.

Toot'n, pulling up the G was a common sense decision I think. While it was great to have something so large, it was also going to take a lot of work to keep it maintained and operational the way I would have wanted it to be. After talking with my wife about it, we both felt it best to "end it" sooner rather than later.

The new N Scale is going to be my focus and something that will be built from what you guys have taught me, and from what I have learnt from the mistakes I made with the HO. It is something that I am looking forward to working on as soon as I can clear the HO from the room.

Once again gents, thank you all for your thoughts - they truly are appreciated.

Sorry that the G scale is going to be torn up. I enjoyed your videos of the trains running, but you're right about the work it takes to keep it up. Years ago I had thought about building a G scale layout as I have so much room for it, but with our short summers and, like you mentioned, it takes work and I have so many other interests that I probably wouldn't have had the time to put into it.

I'll be looking forward to see what you come up with for your N scale layout. With your limited space, I think N scale is your best bet. I enjoyed my N scale layout, but that was in the late 70's when the quality of the locomotives really stunk. If the locomotives back then ran like they do today, I would probably still be in N scale. The plan you had posted before you went missing was interesting. Are you going to have something similar ????

Toot'n, pulling up the G was a common sense decision I think. While it was great to have something so large, it was also going to take a lot of work to keep it maintained and operational the way I would have wanted it to be. After talking with my wife about it, we both felt it best to "end it" sooner rather than later.
Both my N and O-scale layouts hung around for 20 years before I made the "end it" decision for them. 2003 RIP. I just ran out of space for them. O-scale was actually stored outside in the yard under a tarp for its last several months.

Sorry that the G scale is going to be torn up. I enjoyed your videos of the trains running, but you're right about the work it takes to keep it up. Years ago I had thought about building a G scale layout as I have so much room for it, but with our short summers and, like you mentioned, it takes work and I have so many other interests that I probably wouldn't have had the time to put into it.

I'll be looking forward to see what you come up with for your N scale layout. With your limited space, I think N scale is your best bet. I enjoyed my N scale layout, but that was in the late 70's when the quality of the locomotives really stunk. If the locomotives back then ran like they do today, I would probably still be in N scale. The plan you had posted before you went missing was interesting. Are you going to have something similar ????

Chet,

I really liked the G Gauge for its size and being able to physically walk on, in and around it all. From that perspective it was very easy to create; however, I had to way the amount of time I would have enjoying it against the amount of work that was going to be involved in getting that enjoyment and that didn't work in my favor sadly.

Hmm the N Scale build, that is going to cause controversy I think. Since having the track plan designed my youngest son has moved to Alaska, with his brother, so my wife has moved out of MY room and into my youngest sons old bedroom. As such, I have gained an additional 72" X 40" (approximately) of space for the layout, as well as a few more inches on the original bench work. That being the case, I am in two minds whether or not to start afresh OR try to modify the plan that was done. Considering I can now (probably) increase my radius from a maximum of 15" to a minimum of 18" (outside track) I am inclined to just start over with something totally new.

Another consideration, for me anyway, is the plan that was made for me was made using XTrack which I no longer have and wasn't able to figure out how to use. Not a good excuse granted, but I can't see myself trying to replicate that made plan (using SCARM) when so uch is able to be changed. Short answer though is, probably not at this point.

Both my N and O-scale layouts hung around for 20 years before I made the "end it" decision for them. 2003 RIP. I just ran out of space for them. O-scale was actually stored outside in the yard under a tarp for its last several months.

Horseman,

Storing the G Gauge was an option for me too; however, I think it was easier and better to just bite the bullet and part company with it all now. I know if I still had it I would want to re build it and end up with the same problem come next year. Ironically, having to pull up my HO for the N Scale is a harder decision for me to make, or more to the point, to effect.

Back