Weekly-Photo-Fun-Dec-26-Jan-1

Rico

BN Modeller
Well Ray said I could do the honours with the next weekly thread so here we go!
I have nothing to post myself just yet but I'll get something later.
So let's see what you're up to, or what you got for Christmas!

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday experience. I don't expect too much from this thread over the next week, but I'll throw in what I've been working on.

Over the last couple weeks I have been painting and decaling two SD7's and an E6 into the SP blood nose scheme. All three are Proto 2000 units. Southern Pacific never owned an E6, but my railroad, my rules. Now all that is left is to add some weathering to finish them off.

image.jpg

Over the last couple weeks I have been painting and decaling two SD7's and an E6 into the SP blood nose scheme. All three are Proto 2000 units. Southern Pacific never owned an E6, but my railroad, my rules. Now all that is left is to add some weathering to finish them off.
Even so, considering its age shouldn't have the E6 worn a black widow?

Black Widow was a freight scheme. It was applied to a pair of E-9's, but didn't last long. The early scheme would have been the Daylight livery.

Back when the E6's were made, it probably would have been delivered in the Halloween scheme, however Daylight probably would have been more appropriate. I like the Scarlet and Lark schemes, and felt like painting it along with the SD7s. As I was looking through the Proto box, I noticed this locomotive was serial number 001. Interesting.

ADAM I have always been partial to the Daylight and Black Widow paint scheme, however, I like your style of thinking outside the box. Looks good!

Nice E unit Adam. Wouldn't an E unit eventually get a bloody nose anyway?

No train stuff for Christmas for me this year, but that's ok, cuz we got stuff for the truck instead! Mom and my MIL write checks anyway, so I can shop for my own goodies! Grandkids came by yesterday, and had to see Poppops trains. I asked them which ones? I was informed they wanted a steamy and a deezuwl . Here's what they selected.

A steamy,

20151225_204041.jpg

and a deezuwl,

20151227_163320.jpg

and behind the steam engines coaches was this

Cabin 1225.jpg

They let out a delighted squeal with a "There's Santa!" Kinda makes it all worth it.

WP_20151224_11_25_09_Pro.jpg

This is train related, because I'll use it to go to the train shows and haul home my booty. :)

My Christmas gift to myself, my new 2015 Ford XLT 4x4 w/2.7L twin turbo charged V-6 that absolutely will pin you back in the seat. :D

Hope everybody had a good Christmas.

Adam ... Your SP locos look great.
Karl ... Looks like a fun operations session for the grand children.
Chet ... I definitely like the roundhouse.
Joseph BW ... Nice new truck !

Below is my rural scene with my newly built 1950's era tractor trailer livestock truck.

rural%20scene%20with%20trucks.%20_zps5g3wc8pm.jpg

Hope everybody had a good Christmas.

Adam ... Your SP locos look great.
Karl ... Looks like a fun operations session for the grand children.
Chet ... I definitely like the roundhouse.
Joseph BW ... Nice new truck !

Below is my rural scene with my newly built 1950's era tractor trailer livestock truck.

rural%20scene%20with%20trucks.%20_zps5g3wc8pm.jpg
I love the grain elevator building! What kit is that (or is it scratch built?) And did it come with the "COOP" logo already painted, or did you get that as a decal or something? I like the look of that logo and may be building a grain elevator of my own shortly, so I'm wondering if I can duplicate it easily.

k4kfh ... Thanks very much for commenting. ..... The grain elevator is scratchbuilt. It is my own design and it is based on photos aof several grain elevators. I designed it for the back corner of the layout, and there are no windows or doors on the hidden sides. The siding is Evergreen corrugated styrene. Windows and doors were from my scrap box with left over building parts. .... The Coop decals were from a Walthers grain elevator kit which I built but did not use the decals.

Very nice, and nice work from everyone else too!
I'm still playing with building placement and arranging track for the paper mill.

image.jpg

image.jpg

As usual, some great work being shared in here! I do love this thread.

I have managed to get a bit more done on the bridge project. Got the rails installed and have built the cut stone tower the bridge will sit on at the other end. Another bridge (most likely a Truss bridge) will start right near the end of this one. you can see where I managed to screw up and hiy the side of the bridge with a hot soldering iron.... been repaired already. If anyone notices it, I will just tell them that there was a minor derailment and the damage was repaired on site...

LrgGirderBrdg42w_zps3m8n2sgp.png

Test fit where it will end up (Bridge Shoes will be added as soon as the mailman brings them).

LrgGirderBrdg44w_zpst8vfqyy1.png

LrgGirderBrdg46w_zps2hoz1gmo.png

I will soon stain the stonework, then start on the bridge supports for the middle of the Bridge.

Great work all. Chet, I don't know if the derailing was accidental or on purpose, but the crane is going to have heck getting that little buddy back on the tracks! :D

I got a bit more done on the Girder Bridge Project today. The repairs have been now repainted and the rails have been detailed and painted. About all that is left to do on the bridge itself is to add the Safety Rails between the main rails and the Beams at the edge of the ties (can't think of the proper name for them).

LrgGirderBrdg49w_zpsjwqhikrk.png

Close=up of the rail with details:

LrgGirderBrdg50w_zpsfguptmwg.png

Back