Weekly photo fun 6/18-6/25

This is not good.

100_1421.png

100_1424.png

:eek:

Good thing I model late 40s / early 50s. EPA isn't even a thought yet

Gosh, Lester, there is a bit of lost revenue there, and the local fly fishers are not going to be happy. :eek:

I return to my lovely H-8 this week and show it roaring up Seneca Hill, passing the water tower. No way to stop on this steep grade. At least, not and get started again without some help.

StackH8lowtwintrackres.png

-Crandell

Geez, Les, I hate when that happens.

Crandell, great shot of an uphill battle with a train of black diamonds.

Just some work being done at Blackwood Coal Co. DJ.

P1040918.jpg

DJ, your image this week is really quite special. Great reflection and organization/composition in the shot with close, middle, and far distance things to see. No. 1! :)

-Crandell

added more decals to the 2 custom LV SD90Macs. I had to trim a larger decal to make it small enough to fit on the narrow section of the rear.
IMG_1891.png

IMG_1893.png

Spent the week at the Galveston club working on some scenes for them, totally rebuilt one area (still lack trees in these photos). Concrete roads are done in Evergreen cut into individual panels to get the look of some waves, layout is set in 1954 so these roads have taken a beating since the 30's. Asphalt roads are a powder mixed with glue to make a paste which is intalled between forms. Oddly enough dirt and gravel roads are just that dirt and gravel.

Now on to the next big, and I mean BIG project for them. A new engine servicing area. The entire pink foam is the spot, 40' long and 12' wide. Full roundhouse facilitys with an entire backshop. Should take about a year to complete. In the second shot is the white foam core is the area where the 18 stall roundhouse (1/2 circle at 10 degree angle) is slated to go, in back of it is a 3' long transfer table into the backshop.

On Friday, I had the honor of visiting the layout of my friend Don Meeker, who recently completed a scale, highly-accurate replica of Denver Union Station. It is undeniable that this model of Union Station - which is exactly 1:87 the real thing, is the most accurate and ambitious model of Denver Union Station ever undertaken... although the city is Centennial City, which is a fictional version of Denver on his Rocky Mountain Line layout:

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

Wish I could take credit for the work, but I can't. This guy is a master, in my book...

Oh My God that is INCREDIBLE!!! Even the background looks like downtown Denver. Is his sign a working neon?

Need to see some night shots?

Makes mine look like dog poo...LOL

I would say...ya he has it more than right...

IMG_1051.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished up this project today... McKean centerbeam that I assembled over a year ago. I weathered it quickly today, then assembled a Grand Central Gems load to fit, quickly weathered the load, and installed it permanently.

Nice work, guys....very nice, indeed!

Scorpions, is your product a kit, and is it HO? If so, which one, please?

-Crandell

Wish I could take credit for the work, but I can't. This guy is a master, in my book...[/QUOTE]

He's a master in my book too! I would love an article on how he did the center portion.

Back